eBay/Live Cashback HD DVD Deals

msu89dawgs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
This isn't a single great deal per se, but the result of finding some good prices on HD DVD stuff on eBay, using Live Cashback, and selling off extra bundle items. The net result was worth my time and effort, I think.

When I found out about Live Cashback (it was 30% off eBay at the time), I searched a number of different types of items to see what kind of deals I could find. After seeing some of the great HD DVD player/movie bundle deals, which were really great with Cashback, I bought a number of bundles. I sold off the movies I didn't want, which did take some time. I just sold the last batch of them today.

Here's what I wound up with after selling off the excess movies:

- 2 Xbox 360 HD DVD players (both excellent and complete in the original boxes, less one missing remote)
- 1 Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player (complete and excellent in the original box)
- 1 LG GGC-H20L Serial ATA Blu-ray/HD DVD/DVD-RW PC Drive (new and complete in the original retail box)
- 44 HD DVD movies (all complete and in excellent condition)

After getting the money back from selling the unwanted movies, and after my Cashback rewards come back to me, my net total that I'm out on everything I kept comes to $175.12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, man, great score. I would gladly pay that final price for just the movies and the computer drive. Hell, I'd pay that for just movies. You know, the first time it was 30%, I also went looking for some HD-DVD deals, but simply couldn't find any. Good job by you, though.

HD-DVD.. what is that like an 8 track or something?

Jokes aside, good deal if you have a 360 already.

[quote name='QiG']HD-DVD.. what is that like an 8 track or something?

Jokes aside, good deal if you have a 360 already.[/QUOTE]

LOL, that's true about the format being dead. In fact, I had previously sold off my HD DVD stuff when Toshiba had formally announced its death earlier this year.

I do have two 360's, a 20GB in my son's room and a 60GB in the living room. Of course, most of the HD DVDs I got are available on Blu-ray, and the rest undoubtedly will be, but there's no way I could have gotten the Blu-ray versions for anywhere near what I paid for the HD DVD hardware and movies. And if the Live Cashback wouldn't have been available, I wouldn't have gotten the stuff, either; that cut about $200 off the net cost of everything I got.

bread's done
Back