Ebay or an actual store?

There are a lot of cheap games in ebay, if your patient and sometimes if your lucky. Just dont buy GBA games in Ebay, they are most likely bootlegs.

It really depends. You never know what you're going to get on Ebay, but EB and such can rip you off as well. I still prefer B&M stores a tad bit more though.

I prefer stores for used since I can see what I am getting. As for new, Ebay usually wins b/c of cheaper prices, although getting ripped off once has hurt this a little...

I usually use E-Bay unless I have to have a game right this minute or there is some deal that is too good to pass up, 9 times out of 10 if your patient they will have the best price. I've been pretty lucky with it so far, so hopefully that will continue.

Ebay used to be a place to find good deals. now they are few and far between. most things are just overpriced or close enough with shipping that you might as well just go to the freaking store anyway.

Plus even sealed merchandise can be deffective, and you are SOL if you got it from someone on Ebay.

The return with receipt option gives you peace of mind when dealing with any purchase.

I'm more for instant gratification so I always buy my games from a b&m store. But like bmulligan mentioned with the cost of shipping, the prices are almost the same, or the difference insignificant.

It depends on the games. For US games, I prefer to buy games in a regular store because US games on Ebay usually aren't much less.

For import PS2 and PS1 games, I like to use Ebay because usually I can get games for 1/3 to 1/2 the price of how much the import stores are charging.

Like always, prices matter. If I could score the same game that's selling on E-Bay at near-same price, I'd definitely go to B&M. However, if E-Bay's price is substantially lower, I might bid there instead.

[quote name='Moxio']Like always, prices matter. If I could score the same game that's selling on E-Bay at near-same price, I'd definitely go to B&M. However, if E-Bay's price is substantially lower, I might bid there instead.[/quote]

Agreed. I also like to be able to see my games before I buy them. I'm kinda picky about stuff being wrong with the cases, that I didn't do. So I always prefer to go B&M. Pluse B&M, you usually find something good that you weren't looking for.

yeah Ebay prices when you factor in shipping are usually about the same you'd get buying used at game stores. I only buy from ebay when the item is hard to find.

i thought you were all cheapasses, this is a stupid question....of course its which ever happens to be cheaper....if ebay is cheaper by only a dollar or two, in-store is better (unless you can wait)....but with gas prices the way they are....you end up paying $5 in gas to get to a damn store

Back in the day eBay was a good place for games. I got ZOE brand new shipped for $40 within a few weeks of its release (MGS 2 demo was better).

But now between the scammers and the popularity of the place it's not as good. It's better for sellers because you can easily outdo game store trade-in values, but for most of the popular games it's hard to get a good deal even on a used copy. You might save a couple of bucks if that on a new release. And for that margin I'd rather wait for an in-store deal.

I don't buy much on ebay anymore. I prefer to wait until I find a B&M sale on a game. Only for the hard to find stuff that B&M stores don't carry anymore do I turn to ebay or maybe Amazon.com.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']i thought you were all cheapasses, this is a stupid question....of course its which ever happens to be cheaper....if ebay is cheaper by only a dollar or two, in-store is better (unless you can wait)....but with gas prices the way they are....you end up paying $5 in gas to get to a damn store[/quote]

Isnt that the truth. I'm 60 miles round trip from the nearest best buy. 35 RT for a CC and EB.

bread's done
Back