Ebay/Paypal dispute help

chanster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
On Thursday, I purchased two amazon gift cards from a seller on ebay with 100% feedback. The codes were emailed and I redeemed the codes immediately to my amazon account. The codes were valid and were register into my account.

So today, when I checked my account and to my surprise my balance was removed. I called amazon immediately to see what's going on and the rep told me the buyer of the gift cards canceled the gift cards and were refunded. :bomb:

After the call, I immediately open a dispute with paypal and contacted my credit card company. However the purchase has not been posted on my credit card, so I can't chargeback until Tuesday.

After filing a paypal dispute, I received a message from the seller stating the codes she gave me were probably invalid. She will offer me an additional $25 gift card but will not offer my a complete refund. No fuck way will I participate in this scam.

I'm guessing the seller have access to some stolen credit card numbers and purchased amazon gift cards thru amazon to sell on ebay. The holders of the credit card realized they were charged for amazon gift cards filed a chargeback, therefore amazon cancels the gift card automactically. However, fuck amazon does not notify anyone of the canceled amazon gift card. Most of the buyers of the amazon gift card are clueless of our amazon balance being canceled. The seller gets away with the money and has 100% feedback.

My question is should I esclate the dispute into a claim or wait until Tuesday to file the chargeback? It's my first time filing a chargeback, so can anyone explain the process? Do I have to do anything to ensure my chargeback goes thru?

Sorry for the long read and please post suggestions from prior experience. Thanks

Update:

The seller just send me two emails.

"Theres no frauds or anything about that i sent you the wrong gift cards cancel my negative feedback and i wil send you new cards + bonus of 25 $ for the misunderstanding im waiting an answer asap"

"Or you remove negative feedback i refund you and ill give you a 100 $ for free gift cards for you to understand the situation"

The seller probably wants me to remove the neg feedback so that he can make a few more scams.

Who the hell would offer an additional $100 gift card to prove they're legit. Obviously she is buying the gift cards with other peoples credit card.

[quote name='thelonepig']Report to ebay.[/quote]

I just report it to ebay. I'm surprised that I'm the only buyer who left negative feedback. I guess the previous buyers either spent their balance immediately or they're still clueless of their amazon account being debit. I'm hoping more previous buyer notice my negative feedback and will file disputes against her.

bread's done
Back