Ebay Problem

Tsel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
328 (100%)
So last week I sent out a package of 5 hardcover strategy guides. A week goes by, the tracking information shows that it was delivered. Today, I get a bunch of emails letting me know that the buyer has opened up a case for each item stating that he received the wrong item and that he received an ink toner cartridge for a laser printer instead. 1.) I don't even have ink here to send out. 2.) This guy's seriously going to tell me that a 15lb package contained nothing but an ink cartridge? The icing on the cake is that he's asking for replacements on each item like I have some in stock or something. He has almost 500 positive feedback so I don't know why he'd be trying to scam me, but there is no chance that he received a package with my name on it that had an ink cartridge in it.

Is there anything I can really do? This guy doesn't seem like the type to be rational and calm, seeing as he's already opened up cases without even contacting me first. I know ebay tends to side with the buyer and that's what I'm worried about.

[quote name='Tsel']So last week I sent out a package of 5 hardcover strategy guides. A week goes by, the tracking information shows that it was delivered. Today, I get a bunch of emails letting me know that the buyer has opened up a case for each item stating that he received the wrong item and that he received an ink toner cartridge for a laser printer instead. 1.) I don't even have ink here to send out. 2.) This guy's seriously going to tell me that a 15lb package contained nothing but an ink cartridge? The icing on the cake is that he's asking for replacements on each item like I have some in stock or something. He has almost 500 positive feedback so I don't know why he'd be trying to scam me, but there is no chance that he received a package with my name on it that had an ink cartridge in it.

Is there anything I can really do? This guy doesn't seem like the type to be rational and calm, seeing as he's already opened up cases without even contacting me first. I know ebay tends to side with the buyer and that's what I'm worried about.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crystalklear64']ur fukd[/QUOTE]

Not Entirely. In a case of he said, she said, Ebay will take into account the history of both parties. So if the buyer or seller has any history of shenanigans, they'll take that into account. If both parties are about even they'll probably take the hit themselves and flag both accounts (they wont tell you, though).

Were these guides of significant value? Since the guy has 500 feedback I'm guessing he knows what he's doing and only does this very sparingly with rare or valuable items. I wish Ebay would get rid of feedback for the buyer, as it's meaningless to everyone except for the occasional loser who actually derives a bit of self-worth from it.

Anyway, op, you should post the name of the buyer so sellers can add them to their blocked buyers list.

It's sad when sellers have to actually record their packing and shipping process to avoid being scammed. I usually do that with low feedback sellers as a precaution but I probably wouldn't have done it with a buyer with 500 feedback.

[quote name='skiizim']Who was the buyer?[/QUOTE]
The buyer was admsales84.

http://myworld.ebay.com/admsales84/&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2754
[quote name='twiceborn']Not Entirely. In a case of he said, she said, Ebay will take into account the history of both parties. So if the buyer or seller has any history of shenanigans, they'll take that into account. If both parties are about even they'll probably take the hit themselves and flag both accounts (they wont tell you, though).

Were these guides of significant value? Since the guy has 500 feedback I'm guessing he knows what he's doing and only does this very sparingly with rare or valuable items. I wish Ebay would get rid of feedback for the buyer, as it's meaningless to everyone except for the occasional loser who actually derives a bit of self-worth from it.

Anyway, op, you should post the name of the buyer so sellers can add them to their blocked buyers list.[/QUOTE]
The guides weren't very valuable, I was more so just clearing out space. Probably $10 a piece at the very highest and what the buyer paid for them was probably top dollar so there's little to no resale value. 472 feedback at 99.7% so the buyer definitely seems reputable. I'm unsure of their motive in this case.

[quote name='kodave']It's sad when sellers have to actually record their packing and shipping process to avoid being scammed. I usually do that with low feedback sellers as a precaution but I probably wouldn't have done it with a buyer with 500 feedback.[/QUOTE]
I tend to avoid low feedback buyers, but I figured I'd be okay in this case with the feedback being so high. They even paid promptly and were friendly in the messages they had sent kindly asking for combined shipping.

Sorry to hear. That's why I only buy from ebay because sellers get the short end of the stick:( Also, I have a lot of gaming stuff I need to sell:(

I've messaged him explaining my side of things and he is literally just responding with stuff he's already said. His response to my rebuttal was almost word-for-word what he said initially. I'm pretty positive the guy is toying with me.

EDIT: Literally the only two things he's said to me across a span of multiple messages are "I received a toner cartridge for a laser printer instead" and "i got a big box from you that had a toner cartridge in in it."

[quote name='Tsel']I've messaged him explaining my side of things and he is literally just responding with stuff he's already said. His response to my rebuttal was almost word-for-word what he said initially. I'm pretty positive the guy is toying with me.

EDIT: Literally the only two things he's said to me across a span of multiple messages are "I received a toner cartridge for a laser printer instead" and "i got a big box from you that had a toner cartridge in in it."[/QUOTE]

It definitely sounds like hes scamming. Also, he's pretty dopy to scam with the same account he sells with.

[quote name='kodave']It's sad when sellers have to actually record their packing and shipping process to avoid being scammed. I usually do that with low feedback sellers as a precaution but I probably wouldn't have done it with a buyer with 500 feedback.[/QUOTE]
I do the same thing as well. It is pretty sad. Usually I film handing it to the postal employee as well.

You may want to check into the Seller Protection they have been spouting about lately. Maybe it can help you.

He is selling a pretty decent PRS guitar and some other decent guitar items to be pulling this kind of shit.

His latest message simply says "Im escalating this to a claim" despite the fact that he already has filed a claim on each of the 5 guides. What an imbecile.

[quote name='kodave']You could ask for photographs of the package he received and the toner. If he bothered to comply, he could try to stage something, but it might also rattle him.

Looks like he's selling a printer with empty ink carts here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-OfficeJe...26568544?pt=COMP_Printers&hash=item257dee7160

You could see if the "toner" is what goes with his printer for sale.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant, I will ask him to do so. If he fails to do so, can I ask eBay to ask him to do so? Certainly that has to be a part of the process in figuring out who's right, right?

[quote name='kodave']You could ask for photographs of the package he received and the toner. If he bothered to comply, he could try to stage something, but it might also rattle him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that makes the most sense.

Sounds like he's just trying to get some free guides at your expense. It might also might rattle him to mention to him that you're filing a complaint with the postal inspectors. Because if that's what he got, someone along the way swapped it out and it might cause him to fess up about lying.

I believe he's in the process of sending pictures as he asked what email to send them to. I should lie and tell him I never received the email. :lol:

You should also file a report with the US Postal Inspection Service: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/mlntrcvd.aspx

Give them all of his information and explain the situation truthfully them. It won't help you with the eBay situation, but there is a chance that they might follow up on your complaint. Then tell the buyer that you've filed the complaint with the USPIS and that he can expect to be contacted by federal agents soon and he should hang on to the packaging and contents to turn over to them. That should rattle him a bit too if he's as dimwitted as he seems. And in the event he's telling the truth, they might figure out where an employee figured out how and where to swap toner for your books then reseal the package.

^I will absolutely be doing so. Coincidentally enough, he seems to have vanished upon requesting pictures. No message from him since he asked what email.

[quote name='Tsel']^I will absolutely be doing so. Coincidentally enough, he seems to have vanished upon requesting pictures. No message from him since he asked what email.[/QUOTE]

You should ask what kind of printer did the toner come from and see if you catch him with the same one he is selling.

These are the pictures he/she sent me:

t0NZWzOl.jpg

W57kyyWl.jpg

Note that both printers the buyer has up for sale are HPs and this toner cartridge implies that it's for Canon printers only, so I don't know what to make of that. I packed that box securely with bubble mailer and newspaper and the box looks way more banged up than it was when I sent it off, especially considering the box was purchased earlier that same day. Something fishy is definitely going on here.

You might want to PM Trakan. Someone did the exact same thing to him and he won the dispute by pointing out the weight on the shipping label.

Although, in his case, I think the item the guy claimed he received was heavier than the weight on the label, so I'm not sure what can be done in your case...

[quote name='Brak']You might want to PM Trakan. Someone did the exact same thing to him and he won the dispute by pointing out the weight on the shipping label.

Although, in his case, I think the item the guy claimed he received was heavier than the weight on the label, so I'm not sure what can be done in your case...[/QUOTE]

I'm very good friends with our town's postal worker. Do you think it's at all possible that she can vouch for me? She was the one who weighed the box.

The label looks like it was torn off. Did you tape the label on there or use one of those invoice bubble things?

[quote name='DNukem170']The label looks like it was torn off. Did you tape the label on there or use one of those invoice bubble things?[/QUOTE]

I taped it and yeah, it looks a little iffy.

[quote name='Tsel']I'm very good friends with our town's postal worker. Do you think it's at all possible that she can vouch for me? She was the one who weighed the box.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely.

Ebay is grating on my nerves. I sold Ni No Kuni to somebody and got delivery confirmation. It never showed it was delivered. I mailed it in a blue mailbox. Long story short, I got screwed because I didn't insure it.

[quote name='2DMention']Ebay is grating on my nerves. I sold Ni No Kuni to somebody and got delivery confirmation. It never showed it was delivered. I mailed it in a blue mailbox. Long story short, I got screwed because I didn't insure it.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you on this. I actually plan to go dump some stuff at Gamestop this week to avoid eBay right now.

bread's done
Back