eBay question

ssssss

CAGiversary!
If I start a game at 99 cents and it sells for 45 dollars, will the final value fee equate to the same game starting at 45 dollars and only getting one bid?
Thanks in advance.

Great, thank you.
Also, does anybody carefully place what time they start their listing? I'm wondering if having a listing end at early Sunday afternoon PST would be bad because a lot of people will probably still be in their church going festivities.

[quote name='ssssss']Great, thank you.
Also, does anybody carefully place what time they start their listing? I'm wondering if having a listing end at early Sunday afternoon PST would be bad because a lot of people will probably still be in their church going festivities.[/quote]

Yes...starting time is very important. I've got some of the best deals eariler in the day because most people aren't online at these times. Good for me, bad for the seller. I've always been successful listing auctions to end around 9-10PM EST, this time range has never failed me. I usually end the auctions on a Friday or Saturday if possible as well. Not as important, but it just always works out that way. At least end your auctions after 5-6pm, as most people will be back from classes, out of work, etc and that will give you a better chance to reap a better profit. I have over 230 feedback on ebay, and listing items in this manner has always made me profit.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Yes...starting time is very important. I've got some of the best deals eariler in the day because most people aren't online at these times. Good for me, bad for the seller. I've always been successful listing auctions to end around 9-10PM EST, this time range has never failed me. I usually end the auctions on a Friday or Saturday if possible as well. Not as important, but it just always works out that way. At least end your auctions after 5-6pm, as most people will be back from classes, out of work, etc and that will give you a better chance to reap a better profit. I have over 230 feedback on ebay, and listing items in this manner has always made me profit.[/quote]
Great man, thanks for the advice. I will do this from now on. Deal hunting at 3 am now :cool:

There are many theories about when to end, but the bottom line is - yes, give it some thought.

I like 9-10 EST as well. And I like Sunday or Monday but really the day doesn't matter too much.

Frankly as long as you aren't ending in the middle of the night it probably doesn't make too much of a difference. But don't have it end during major events (like the Super Bowl in 2 weeks.)

[quote name='ssssss']If I start a game at 99 cents and it sells for 45 dollars, will the final value fee equate to the same game starting at 45 dollars and only getting one bid?
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Keep in mind, though, that the insertion fee will be higher starting it at $45 than at $0.99. Also, you are less likely to attract people to the item if it starts out higher. Someone may be willing to spend $45 on your item, but most people would prefer the chance to win it for less. Just something to keep in mind.

bread's done
Back