Ebay really does not like giving the discounts

m0dem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I am a silver powerseller and I should have qualified for the powerseller discount of 5% since all my DSR's met the requirement on the date they calculated which was 4/16. How do I know this? Because I checked on 4/16 and I had a 4.6 or better on all DSR's and on 4/17 it was displayed in my account that my Discount was calculated on 4/16 and I did not meet the requirement for Shipping and Handling which was at 4.5. So I contacted the ebay live help and got nowhere. So today the 18th I called and talked to a guy who said my discount was calculated on the 9th when my thing said clearly it was 4/16/08. He said I did not meet the requirements on the 9th. So I sent him a screenshot of the page. He receives it and confirms it says 4/16 and then he says he has to call somebody. He comes back 2 minutes later and tells me to clear my cookies. I did not even bother to clear my cookies but I refreshed the page and my seller dashboard magically changed to saying it was calculated on 4/9/08. I tried talking to a supervisor but they claim they have no power.

Situations like these (along with the fact that the US dollar is weakening and eBay's international business is doing MUCH better than US operrations) are why eBay's profits rose 22% from Jan-March 08, in the midst of their raised fees.

Congratulations for being any level of Powerseller, and props for staying on eBay.

Sounds like they rolled back the calculation date because they'd rather fatten the bottom line and the pockets of their shareholders.

[quote name='Caliburn']Situations like these (along with the fact that the US dollar is weakening and eBay's international business is doing MUCH better than US operrations) are why eBay's profits rose 22% from Jan-March 08, in the midst of their raised fees.

Congratulations for being any level of Powerseller, and props for staying on eBay.

Sounds like they rolled back the calculation date because they'd rather fatten the bottom line and the pockets of their shareholders.[/quote]

I'm done with them as soon as they role out the new feedback changes which is why I'm trying to clear everything I have.

[quote name='m0dem']I'm done with them as soon as they role out the new feedback changes which is why I'm trying to clear everything I have.[/quote]

That rollback was shady, and the new CEO has stated that many more changes are planned for 2008 (removal of positive feedback on sellers? elimination of Powerseller discounts? flat, automatic shipping fee regardless of weight or size? :cold:).

I think Amazon's fees, which have been historically higher, are now comparable to eBay but with overall less buyer-idiots. The only issue I have is that buyers never leave feedback, but feedback doesn't seem to matter since items are fixed and as long as your item is in the top 2 or 3 lowest price.

[quote name='m0dem']I'm done with them as soon as they role out the new feedback changes which is why I'm trying to clear everything I have.[/QUOTE]

Same, my last items for sale are up right now.

Besides the occasional game I bought on a whim and hate and want to make my money back ASAP, I'm done with them for the long haul.

I hate all the changes they've done and are doing to the site, and I'm done.

Yea the one thing that I find funny is what their CFO said in their conference call.

"We are extremely focused on improving the buyer experience on eBay," he said during Wednesday's conference call. "This is not to say that sellers are not important to us, but our belief is and has always been that what is good for buyers is ultimately good for sellers."

I'm sorry but the guy has to be really dumb.

Wierd, I was never aware that powersellers got discounts. I always thought it was rather worthless and just put an icon next to your name. In the past I've qualified a few times for it and they've sent me offers to join and they never mentioned discounts. Oh well, don't matter now as I'm down to selling 1 or 2 things every other week or so :lol:. The huge fee hike has really made a difference! Thanks, eBay! (Note: I do own stock so glad to hear it is doing well - haven't really paid attention to it recently).

Anyone know of any good alternatives to ebay that bring enough clicks and people? I've been trying urgently to find an option outside of Ebay. I hate their fees and their treatment of sellers, as well as them not wanting to accept Google Checkout.

[quote name='m0dem']Yea the one thing that I find funny is what their CFO said in their conference call.

"We are extremely focused on improving the buyer experience on eBay," he said during Wednesday's conference call. "This is not to say that sellers are not important to us, but our belief is and has always been that what is good for buyers is ultimately good for sellers."

I'm sorry but the guy has to be really dumb.[/QUOTE]

With no sellers there will be no buyers, because the sellers will all leave.

io, it's something new Ebay is trying.

Hiccuple, try Amazon, that's the only alternative there is.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Anyone know of any good alternatives to ebay that bring enough clicks and people? I've been trying urgently to find an option outside of Ebay. I hate their fees and their treatment of sellers, as well as them not wanting to accept Google Checkout.[/quote]

I have been trying www.ioffer.com free to list and final fees are pretty cheap forget the exact pricing. Its kind of like amazon though with only buying right away no auction. I listed about 20 items so far and about 4 have sold. Also you can import your feedback from ebay to that site so you wont start out with 0 feedback.

[quote name='m0dem']I have been trying www.ioffer.com free to list and final fees are pretty cheap forget the exact pricing. Its kind of like amazon though with only buying right away no auction. I listed about 20 items so far and about 4 have sold. Also you can import your feedback from ebay to that site so you wont start out with 0 feedback.[/quote]

But no one knows of a decent auction house? Hmm...I don't really like to list stuff as sometimes I forget I have stuff listed. With an auction I can keep things planned and organized. Still, Ebay is turning into a hell hole.

Half.com is also nice, though it got bought out by ebay. It's not auction style though, more like amazon.

Also, when do the new feedback rules come into effect? I had heard about the change (and reacted negatively just like everyone else here who's sold before), but didn't see the date when it goes into effect (I think I had just assumed stupidly that it would be near immediate).

[quote name='AkariK']Half.com is also nice, though it got bought out by ebay. It's not auction style though, more like amazon.

Also, when do the new feedback rules come into effect? I had heard about the change (and reacted negatively just like everyone else here who's sold before), but didn't see the date when it goes into effect (I think I had just assumed stupidly that it would be near immediate).[/quote]

I do believe it's sometime in May...

[quote name='Caliburn']That rollback was shady, and the new CEO has stated that many more changes are planned for 2008 (removal of positive feedback on sellers? elimination of Powerseller discounts? flat, automatic shipping fee regardless of weight or size? :cold:).

I think Amazon's fees, which have been historically higher, are now comparable to eBay but with overall less buyer-idiots. The only issue I have is that buyers never leave feedback, but feedback doesn't seem to matter since items are fixed and as long as your item is in the top 2 or 3 lowest price.[/quote]

What...
Anyone have a link describing that?

Made by a collector for collectors. Video games, arcade games, pinball, electronic handheld, computer gaming, online virtural items, etc.

No listing fees. $15 New Seller Credit so run a few free auctions to try the system out. Listen to Auction Talk on our home page to hear of traffic stats since our launch on March 24, 2008.

If you are an Ebay seller, please consider the Chuckwagon. Free seller tools including cut and past item lists to promote your auctions in forums as well as free homepage store front creation tools.

Come on over to the Collector Friendly Auction site:

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com

Mike Kennedy
Owner, ChaseTheChuckwagon.com

Yeah I'm trying to dump as much stuff on eBay as I can before more rules go into effect. I'm just looking into possibly sellings 10 or so more games over the next few months then I'll only bid on eBay from now on, rather then sell. There are plenty of eBay wannabe sites out there and It's only a matter of time before one site goes toe to toe with eBay and lures in many of the powersellers.

bread's done
Back