eBay relisting after a legit sale - thoughts?

Lexxon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAG,

Just wanted your thoughts on this. A seller on eBay recently listed an item I was interested in. It was pretty low in price compared to other listings of that item, so I watched it, and ended up winning it for a fair price.

I paid immediately after via PayPal, and eBay recognizes that I paid.

Now, I see that this seller has the EXACT SAME listing posted again. This does not appear to be a bulk seller either, and the item isn't one I'd expect anyone to have two of. I have not heard back from the seller in any form in 2 days since the purchase. 200+ positive feedback, zero negative.

My question is--if this next auction sells for more than the one I won, and they refund my payment and instead give it to the relisted auction (keep in mind I paid 2-5 minutes after the auction completed), is it a fair relisting? I would think something such as this would warrant a negative feedback at the least. And that's assuming I get my refund...although I'll be pretty loud if I don't get the item OR the refund.

Thanks for any input.

No it's not fair... but I'm guessing he can make up a story to cover for himself if Ebay does decide to take a look into it. He can just say that the relisted auction is his second copy. If you accuse him of relisting the item you won and paid for, you can just say he sent it and it must've been lost and will probably just refund you.

maybe he has duplicates and just doesn't want to take another pic?

he could have duplicates. i usually do the same.. but these days just to be safe i take pictures of the actual game im selling for that specific auction.

I'll list the item number if I don't hear from him after this auction closes (tonight)--I don't want to accuse him of anything if he's not guilty. I'll repost with more info if it turns out to be the case.

I agree with Vinny, if he doesn't do this a lot he'll get away with it with a slap on the wrist at worst. The best you can do other then feedback is leave a complaint though eBay.

I pretty much had the same think happen to me once. Won a few Genesis game rather cheap for eBay only to get refunded with the seller claiming not to have any of the 3 games to then see all 3 of them for sale in a big Genesis lot shortly after. I wasen't sure what to do about feedback since I figured a negative would have been right since it was dishonest and he should have to go though no matter what and could have set a reserve to prevent it from selling for less then he was willing to take, yet I was also thinking maybe a neutral since I got my money back. In the end I didn't bother leaving any feedback since I figured I'd most likely get a retaliatory negative/neutral back.

Hey CAG,

Just wanted your thoughts on this. A seller on eBay recently listed an item I was interested in. It was pretty low in price compared to other listings of that item, so I watched it, and ended up winning it for a fair price.

I paid immediately after via PayPal, and eBay recognizes that I paid.

Now, I see that this seller has the EXACT SAME listing posted again. This does not appear to be a bulk seller either, and the item isn't one I'd expect anyone to have two of. I have not heard back from the seller in any form in 2 days since the purchase. 200+ positive feedback, zero negative.

My question is--if this next auction sells for more than the one I won, and they refund my payment and instead give it to the relisted auction (keep in mind I paid 2-5 minutes after the auction completed), is it a fair relisting? I would think something such as this would warrant a negative feedback at the least. And that's assuming I get my refund...although I'll be pretty loud if I don't get the item OR the refund.

Thanks for any input.

No it's not fair... but I'm guessing he can make up a story to cover for himself if Ebay does decide to take a look into it. He can just say that the relisted auction is his second copy. If you accuse him of relisting the item you won and paid for, you can just say he sent it and it must've been lost and will probably just refund you.

maybe he has duplicates and just doesn't want to take another pic?

he could have duplicates. i usually do the same.. but these days just to be safe i take pictures of the actual game im selling for that specific auction.

I'll list the item number if I don't hear from him after this auction closes (tonight)--I don't want to accuse him of anything if he's not guilty. I'll repost with more info if it turns out to be the case.

I agree with Vinny, if he doesn't do this a lot he'll get away with it with a slap on the wrist at worst. The best you can do other then feedback is leave a complaint though eBay.

I pretty much had the same think happen to me once. Won a few Genesis game rather cheap for eBay only to get refunded with the seller claiming not to have any of the 3 games to then see all 3 of them for sale in a big Genesis lot shortly after. I wasen't sure what to do about feedback since I figured a negative would have been right since it was dishonest and he should have to go though no matter what and could have set a reserve to prevent it from selling for less then he was willing to take, yet I was also thinking maybe a neutral since I got my money back. In the end I didn't bother leaving any feedback since I figured I'd most likely get a retaliatory negative/neutral back.

bread's done
Back