Ebay removed my Sub_Zero DLC code because of copyright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you have to do to sell codes on eBay is add the word "card" after code in the listing title. Then make sure you never mention email as the delivery method. When the item sells, ask the buyer if they'd just like you to email them he code instead of physically mailing it - if not, just send either the phyical code card or a print out of the code.

[quote name='aptanor']I believe he means "Ebay and paypal need to clean up their act or go out of business. Why is it that good, smaller companies go under while large, deceptive corporations flourish?"[/QUOTE]

Needs more $hit a$$ :rofl:

[quote name='sp00ge']I've sold a few MK codes already on eBay without issue, in fact, one just sold last night. But I am listing mine as the code/card and will physically mail it. I do offer an email option to those with recent positive feedback, though.

My guess would be a competitor reported your listing and said the pic you used was theirs.[/QUOTE]

An old post I know, but this actually did happen with me once. I was selling a promo copy of Boardwalk Empire and noticed someone was using my exact picture, it was one I took with my phone and you could tell because I put it on my bed. I told them someone was using my picture, they didn't do anything about it. The auction ended. Lo and behold someone put another one up with my picture and I sent a stern email, they did something then and apologized.

Knock on wood, but I've sold dozens of DLC codes. They haven't done anything to me yet, I sold my Reptile code for 60 actually.

Sorry, to thread necromance, but adding the word card doesn't seem to be enough to placate ebay. It seems they don't want cards now, even if the seller takes liability and will refund 100% or is top rated seller. It seems the liveplay and valleyofthedeer have a duopoly on this merch because of UK's liberaler policies that allow these cards if you are TRPS

I don't think that ebay is actively looking for and removing these types of listings. It's against there rules in many cases, but I think the problem with it is that other users report your listings. Then Ebay removes it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I don't think that ebay is actively looking for and removing these types of listings. It's against there rules in many cases, but I think the problem with it is that other users report your listings. Then Ebay removes it.[/QUOTE]

This is it exactly. I had a code that was on a card. In the eBay listing I wrote that I would email it out. Some douchebag reported everyone's auctions and when mine was taken down about 10 others were removed as well. This left one auction - which was the most expensive - and that was the guy that reported everyone. So I relisted mine and mailed it out. If it's a strictly digital item, most of the time people don't report it since there's no way for them to destroy the competition without getting their listings removed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back