Ebay Shipping

Ganon00

CAGiversary!
I was winner of a Xbox on Ebay. (The Link to the item is below) When I bid for the item, the shipping payment details gave me three listings: UPS, USPS Regular, and USPS Express. When i calculated the shipping ( Area Code:32612) the highest amount was 31.00$. When the selller sent me an invoice for the product , shipping has exploded to 68.00. Im wondering is he allowed to do this?What should I do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8230073510&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Update: After I complained to him, He apologized and updated the shipping to the correct price. I recieved part of the package on 11th ( Working Xbox, 4 Games) the Xbox live subscription wasnt there. I emailed him and he said He sent it in a seperate package, its been over week and the second package hasnt arrived. I emailed him twice already and no response. I guess I need to report him but what are the chances of me getting any refund? How long should I wait before taking action?

Nope, he's not allowed to do it, kindly e-mail him and tell him there "is an error" and he needs to fix it for you, if he tries to pull some stunt after that than I'd threaten to report him.

Nope, not allowed at all. Might have been an error, he has decent (not great though) feedback. Email him immediately and tell him to change it back. Contact eBay if he doesn't budge on it, I don't think you're required to complete the transaction if a seller pulls that.

Oh man, what a dick. Copy and paste the results from the S+H calculator on his listing, and let him know that all you will be paying him is your bid amount plus your choice of those. May as well decide on one before e-mailing him and just tell him what your tota will be. Best to go with cmos's suggestion and initially approach this as an honest mistake on his end. (ha ha) Alternately you could probably just check out through eBay and PayPal him the correct amount. But I wouldn't be too keen to do that before hearing what his take will be on you not wanting to bend over and take his S+H gouging.

And joevan wasn't kidding on his feedback. FOUR people complain of not getting their item, but 3 of those agreed to do a mutual withdraw. Not good at all for someone with only 39 FB. If he suggests cancelling the sale, I'd take him up on it.

[quote name='"eBay"']
Shipping services and rates available for shipping to 32612.
All prices include any packaging and handling fees charged by the seller.

US Postal Service
US Postal Service Parcel Post®
Estimated delivery time: 2-9 days.
Learn more about US Postal Service shipping.

Shipping & Handling: $28.38
Insurance (not offered): --

US Postal Service
US Postal Service Priority Mail®
Estimated delivery time: 2-3 days.
Learn more about US Postal Service shipping.

Shipping & Handling: $31.85
Insurance (not offered): --

UPS
UPS Ground
Guaranteed in 3 days*
Includes Loss/Damage Protection up to $100 per package and detailed package tracking. Learn more about UPS Shipping.

Shipping & Handling: $33.16
[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good deal. You got Halo 1 & 2 plus two other games and a year subscription to xbox live. I would definitely not cancel and make sure that he ships for the price that you want. That's a better deal than you would ever get here, and ebay is usually known for having high prices.

Looking at his feedback he's a douche. Complain nicely to him. If that doesn't work go to his house and steal it from him. Then shipping is free.

When Halo 2 First came out I saw a copy on e-bay with a buy it now price of $.50 and S&H was around $60 ( $60.50 total) The guy was scamming ebay ( I believe) since they charge fees based on the price the item sells for and not the price of S&H ( or do they)

[quote name='dragonpancakes']When Halo 2 First came out I saw a copy on e-bay with a buy it now price of $.50 and S&H was around $60 ( $60.50 total) The guy was scamming ebay ( I believe) since they charge fees based on the price the item sells for and not the price of S&H ( or do they)[/QUOTE]

You're right, eBay charges fees based on the final sale price. Shipping isn't figured into the calculation. There are a lot of sellers that do things similar to what you mentioned.

[quote name='dragonpancakes']When Halo 2 First came out I saw a copy on e-bay with a buy it now price of $.50 and S&H was around $60 ( $60.50 total) The guy was scamming ebay ( I believe) since they charge fees based on the price the item sells for and not the price of S&H ( or do they)[/QUOTE]

This is a very common way of circumventing eBay's final value fees, although that example is a bit extreme. I wonder if anyone actually bought it Buy it Now before looking down at the shipping price.

I think that deters alot of business, its a pretty snakey thing to do is make the actual price as the shipping price. I'm not going to try and sneak in some abnormal shipping price just to avoid some fee's that i'm obligated to pay anyways, and that aren't even that bad to begin with.

Its even worse when someone changes the shipping price by 30 dollars, if worse comes to worse OP just file an unpaid item dispute & leave a negative feedback.

[quote name='strebor']This is a very common way of circumventing eBay's final value fees, although that example is a bit extreme. I wonder if anyone actually bought it Buy it Now before looking down at the shipping price.[/QUOTE]

cag is pretty smart but i've seen so many people do this and get screwed up the butt. but of course the seller then receives bad marks and neutrals and they screw themselves over lol. i've never had this problem but i've been around ebay since 98.

bread's done
Back