eBay stupidity thread~

dinobot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
195 (99%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Someone from Half.com bought something from me with a -1 rating, You can go into your EBay settings and block them from buying on EBay but not on Half I guess

only stupid thing I see on ebay is people selling copies of Linux for $35 when you can download it for free off the official website.

Strangely, people still buy it.

If you appreciate irony you can buy an ebook on eBay about how to sell ebooks on eBay. It's the most redundant thing ever.

i was that close to buying the strategy guides (what a deal!!) but then i noticed the shipping.....man, so close, yet soo far. LMAO

[quote name='Doomstink']If you appreciate irony you can buy an ebook on eBay about how to sell ebooks on eBay. It's the most redundant thing ever.[/QUOTE]

No, redudent would be buying a book called "The idiots guide to buying on ebay."

[quote name='Josef']Wow, $120 for a bunch of duplicate shitty guides. Each one a stinker![/quote]
Yeah I know, it's been there as long as I can remember too. No one in there right mind would buy that.

I like the description from the guy selling the $200 Arcade:
"This XB 360 Has been opened once to make sure everything was ther, it was there and then closed back up, never played."

[quote name='Josef']Wow, $120 for a bunch of duplicate shitty guides. Each one a stinker![/quote]

wtf.... 22 brute force? wow!!!

here is another.... and it is from the famous GQD~ heh

Awesome Tenchu Z buy

nice deal on tenchu Z!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thelonepig']Yikes. Even considering the worldwide shipping was for USPS Express Mail International with delivery confirmation and insurance, that's still twice as much as they need.[/QUOTE]

yea.... like distgfx said, should best offer him (-) $15.00

[quote name='addicted2games']I cant believe he has that good feedback and is trying to get away with fee avoidance.[/quote]

It's not that difficult to purchase an eBay account
icon_wink.gif

[quote name='dinobot']MvC2

nice price.[/QUOTE]

Priced too high for a used copy, stock picture, no description of actual condition, no feedback as a seller.

About the only thing decent about that auction is the free express shipping he offered.

[quote name='distgfx']@Second link - I swear, I know the guy makes it clear that it's just a PDF guide, but the photo's simply not necessary.[/quote]

Yeah I know. Also, I think you get like a code with the game to download the guide free. So he downloaded it for free and is trying to sell it over and over again for like $9.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']Here's a GBC game being sold by Game Quest Direct. Notice how much they have it for on eBay, then compare to how much they sell it for on their own website.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Micro...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.gamequestdirect.com/68243301001.html[/QUOTE]

Overpricing happens all the time. I don't think it's necessarily "seller stupidity", but more of a "buyer stupidity". For some reason, people think that the price listed on eBay is the cheapest to be found and don't price compare.

I've known people who list items on eBay with a $5-10 mark-up on prices at Amazon, Toys-R-Us and even sties like Monoprice. When the items sells, they'll just order it from the website and send it directly to the buyer's home. I've thought about doing this, but I figure there will be a few buyers who wouldn't appreciate receiving a package from amazon with an invoice inside that says I paid $19 for it and they paid me $30 for it. I can't have my feedback rating ruined just yet.

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']Overpricing happens all the time. I don't think it's necessarily "seller stupidity", but more of a "buyer stupidity". For some reason, people think that the price listed on eBay is the cheapest to be found and don't price compare.

I've known people who list items on eBay with a $5-10 mark-up on prices at Amazon, Toys-R-Us and even sties like Monoprice. When the items sells, they'll just order it from the website and send it directly to the buyer's home. I've thought about doing this, but I figure there will be a few buyers who wouldn't appreciate receiving a package from amazon with an invoice inside that says I paid $19 for it and they paid me $30 for it. I can't have my feedback rating ruined just yet.[/quote]

I know that people/companies overprice stuff all the time. I just found it funny that Game Quest Direct was nearly doubling their own website's price when they listed that particular game on eBay (and Half and Amazon for that matter).

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Oh yey, lookie here. For only $249.95 I can have myself a USED copy of the GAME CUBE version of Zelda Twilight Princess.

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-LEGEND-OF-Z...0218&_trksid=p4295.c0.m312&_trkparms=240:1318[/QUOTE]

What doesnt make sense is the same seller has another auction with 3 Zelda games including another Twilight Princess and a guide for less than half that price of the first auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGEND-OF-ZELDA...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bread's done
Back