Ebay Video game prices. Too good to be true?!?

sunnysky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I'm just writing this in hopes of hearing how some of your ebay video game (buy it now) Purchases have turned out.

I got a pretty good deal on Little big planet. But later today I decided to check prices on Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2. Sure enough I found a seller with a great price. I went into his feedback. No problem there. 100%. But I noticed that he always sells pre-order products. AND one of his newest feedbacks was from somebody who bought the new Motorstorm from him. Claiming "Great company. fast shipping". Well, considering the game isn't out until October 28th, that seemed a bit suspitous to me.
So I decided to take a closer look at the feedback from the person I bought LBP from. Sure enough, he has feedback in there from somebody for LBP. In fact the buyer gave him the positive feedback on the same day he bought the item. The seller even claims that he does not ship until 1-5 days after the release date. So why would somebody give him feedback before even getting the item?
Is this normal? Does this happen all the time? Or is this a hacker who knows how to program fake feedback into his ebay account, and then puts a "too god to be true" price on a few pre-orders items, knowing he can close his account before the buyers can even expect to get their product?
I hope I'm just being overly paranoid. But it just seems suspitous to me.
I would really appreciate any responses this. It would be nice if somebody could put my mind at ease, because I have a feeling I've just been scammed.

On eBay, if it looks too good to be true it probably is. I try to not buy from anybody (in general) with feedback less than 200. I'm probably passing on good deals, but that high of feedback is usually hard to fake.

This sounds like a scammer using feedback from multiple accounts to build a good reputation.

If your gut is telling you to be careful, you should listen.

TBW

I typically won't buy from anybody with "too good to be true" prices unless they have at least 200 feedbacks. The guy I bought from has 236 at 100%. I'm probably just being paranoid.
But the guy who has the great prices on Gears and Resistance, has 100% with 44 feedbacks. All of those feedbacks are from the past 30 days. That to me sounds very fishy.

[quote name='animemaniac14']and you call yourself a veteran?[/quote]

I was about to type the same exact thing....although probably not as nicely as you did lol

[quote name='animemaniac14']and you call yourself a veteran?[/quote]

I think he's just looking to the masses for assurance on his decisions, even though he already posted this in the cashback thread. You know, kind of like how there's always posts scattered in every thread asking "Should I buy..." or "I don't know if I should..." :roll:

While this is definitely shady, I find that shipping kills a lot of good deals.

I'll see games that will be released in a few weeks for $10 off but with $15 shipping. Chances are someone just orders from Amazon and has the games sent to your address or something, and makes profit because someone was too lazy to go to amazon and order it themselves.

I've gotten so many video games (and other things) off of Ebay extremely cheap. I have never had a "bad deal" online, ive always got my product and it was always in the condition they said it would be in and it always arrives quickly.

I just picked up Buzz PS3 this week for $45 Buy it Now w/free Shipping. With the 30% off from Live Search it will bring it close to $30.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Why is this not in deal discussion?[/quote]

I originally posted this in the deals section.
A modder must have moved it.

I'm not looking for somebody to say, Buy or Don't Buy. My purchase was already made, and apparently already shipped as well.
I was simply hoping some people would post their Ebay video game experiences on great prices.
Did they turn out just fine? Or did you get stiffed?
I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.

The only bad deal I had was a broken GameCubecase, which might have been damaged in shipping. Course, not being ignored when I mentioned it would have been nice. But too many positive feedbacks before shipping can occur is suspicious. If it was just one, you could chalk it up to accidentally clicking the wrong item when feedback was being left for another. If a pattern is developing, can't be good.

bread's done
Back