Ebay: What to do in this situation???

nonametofame

CAGiversary!
I'm in a bit of a predicament. I was forced to cancel the highest bidder in one of my auctions since he was not in the states, had zero feedback, and did not respond to any of my emails. So by default, the second highest bidder won the auction, but has informed me that since he was outbid, he bought the item from aonther seller and requested his bids be canceled. I was not at my computer when he requested this so I was unable to fulfill his request. I don't want to force this guy to buy something he doesn't want, but how do I resolve this issue as I am stuck with the fees ebay charged me for the final value of the auction. What would be fair for the both of us?

yeap your stuck with paying your own fees. why should the 2nd highest bigger be stuck paying for something they didnt win. you choise to cancell the higher big so yours stuck with the fees

File a dispute, select "we have both mutually agreed to end this transaction", select the reason that looks best to you, and file it.

He won't get a strike against him, and you'll get your FVF back. Let the buyer know before hand what you're doing so he dosen't freak out.

Don't ever listen to anything Slidecage has to say about Ebay.

[quote name='Roufuss']File a dispute, select "we have both mutually agreed to end this transaction", select the reason that looks best to you, and file it.

He won't get a strike against him, and you'll get your FVF back. Let the buyer know before hand what you're doing so he dosen't freak out.

Don't ever listen to anything Slidecage has to say about Ebay.[/QUOTE]

QFT

What Roufuss said is a great idea.

You could have kept trying to contact the original buyer since they are sending the money. Sometimes it's good to reach all buyers.

[quote name='musha666']Dont they let you relist it for free?[/QUOTE]

That dosen't get you your final value fee's back though.

You could have prevented this in the first place by blocking users who are not in USA when you first set up your auction. I have it as default so all my auction blocks bidders who are not in the USA. There are other option like blocking bidders who have 2 unpaid strikes in the last 30 days and blocking bidders with negative feedback..blocking bidders without paypal etc etc

oh wait...and send him a bag of poo! [/obligatory personal meme]

bread's done
Back