eBay: YLOD 60GB PS3 CECHA01 w/ Backwards Compatibility

dreamsINdigital

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
My 60GB PS3 got the Yellow Light of Death, and I decided to sell it and buy a new PS3 slim instead of trying to fix it myself or send it to Sony for a refurb unit.

It's an original 60GB unit, model number CECHA01, with hardware-accelerated backwards compatibility for PS2 and PS1 games. It also includes the flash memory card readers.

If anyone asks, no I'm not trying to scam people by selling a broken PS3. A lot of people sell their YLOD PS3s on eBay. People buy them with intent on repairing them, or sending them to Sony if the warranty seal is intact, to trade for a refurb PS3 slim for $150.

I figure most people here won't be interested, but I thought I'd post it anyways. Please place a bid if you're interested. Thanks for looking! :)

http://item.ebay.com/230449163618

Do you know what the refurb cost is to get it fixed by Sony? I'm not buying a Slim because I hate the look, and this is the exact model of fat that I wanted.

If you send a YLOD PS3 to Sony that's out of warranty, they'll give you the option of getting back a refurbished fat PS3 (of the same model) or a refurbished slim PS3. If you want the slim PS3, I read that it's $150. If you want a fat PS3, it costs a little bit more. I don't remember exactly, but I think it's like $170. I'm also not sure if these prices include shipping or tax.

I'm kind of hoping that whoever buys it will successfully be able to fix it themselves, and kindly agree to send me my game saves and deactivate my account. ;) I'm not going to stop anyone that wants to send it to Sony though.

I actually just put a max bid of $30 on it. I doubt I will get it for that low, but if I can, I'm afraid it would go straight to sony, as I have no knowledge of that stuff.

I have the exact same model that died from the YLoD. Its been sitting in a box for about 6 months. I want to sell it, but I would like to delete all my information off of it (credit card info, usernames, and wipe the harddrive) but I can't due to YLoD. Anyone know if its safe to sell it without deleting all that stuff?

[quote name='whodeybengals9']I have the exact same model that died from the YLoD. Its been sitting in a box for about 6 months. I want to sell it, but I would like to delete all my information off of it (credit card info, usernames, and wipe the harddrive) but I can't due to YLoD. Anyone know if its safe to sell it without deleting all that stuff?[/QUOTE]
You can change your password as well as change your personal information from your account on PlayStation.com.

If you have access to another PS3, you could possibly take out your hard drive an put it into the working PS3 and it should format the hard drive and erase the data.

I deleted my credit card info from the ps3 website. But I guess, I'm most concerned about my account. I don't want to sell it and then have someone steal my main account (with my friends list and trophies) because I have autologin enabled on it.

[quote name='dreamsINdigital']You can change your password as well as change your personal information from your account on PlayStation.com.

If you have access to another PS3, you could possibly take out your hard drive an put it into the working PS3 and it should format the hard drive and erase the data.[/QUOTE]

I have a working ps3. If i take out my harddrive in my new ps3, and replace it with my harddrive from my old ps3 and format it, will i have to format my good harddrive once I put it back in?

[quote name='whodeybengals9']I have a working ps3. If i take out my harddrive in my new ps3, and replace it with my harddrive from my old ps3 and format it, will i have to format my good harddrive once I put it back in?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure about that. You'll have to research that, I don't want to give you wrong advice.

If you change your account password, it should not auto-login to the PSN since you password is different, and prompt the user to re-enter it. The person might be able to log in to your account on the PS3, but won't be able to sign into the PSN.

bread's done
Back