Ebayer selling Halo 3 ODST $14.99? Too good to be true?

RolePlayer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Browsing ebay for deals and stumbled onto this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Halo-3-ODST-Spe...07251462QQcategoryZ139973QQcmdZViewItem#payId
Halo 3 ODST for $15.

All the description says is "brand new" and the condition is listed as acceptable. The seller lists all the answered questions. I guess to show some credibility? He said he "found" these. 80+ copies have sold so I guess he "found" 80+ copies. Makes it look fishy.

What do you guys think?
Buyer beware?

Q: what kind of condition is this in it says acceptablt but below it says new?
A: brand new it was an accident

the douchebag has a picture of himself in his ebay profile...

http://myworld.ebay.com/warrenjsarah/

I think I gave his dad a wedgie back in high-school.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Someone sold a LE Assassin's Creed for PS3 for $9.95 Buy It Now, and I bought a Star Ocean Second Story guide for like $1.19 Buy It Now. Guide was in good shape. It's possible that this person is truly selling these, but he may also want to buy the game, so selling a few copies at $14.99 will drive the price down pretty quickly. The Assassin's Creed LE went down $10+ after that one Buy It Now, as an example.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Someone sold a LE Assassin's Creed for PS3 for $9.95 Buy It Now, and I bought a Star Ocean Second Story guide for like $1.19 Buy It Now. Guide was in good shape. It's possible that this person is truly selling these, but he may also want to buy the game, so selling a few copies at $14.99 will drive the price down pretty quickly. The Assassin's Creed LE went down $10+ after that one Buy It Now, as an example.[/QUOTE]
Or he just stole them

From one of the questions:

Dec-16-09
Q: why so cheap?
A: "found" them if u get what i mean

The thing that bugs me most is that he "found" 80+ copies? How does one get a hold of 80 copies of 1 game? Even game stores might have less in one shipment. It just feels like that the guy is "selling" them to get the payment, then ditching ebay or something.

[quote name='RolePlayer']The thing that bugs me most is that he "found" 80+ copies? How does one get a hold of 80 copies of 1 game? Even game stores might have less in one shipment. It just feels like that the guy is "selling" them to get the payment, then ditching ebay or something.[/QUOTE]

He's basically admitting he stole them. Highly sketchy.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Someone sold a LE Assassin's Creed for PS3 for $9.95 Buy It Now, and I bought a Star Ocean Second Story guide for like $1.19 Buy It Now. Guide was in good shape. It's possible that this person is truly selling these, but he may also want to buy the game, so selling a few copies at $14.99 will drive the price down pretty quickly. The Assassin's Creed LE went down $10+ after that one Buy It Now, as an example.[/QUOTE]

Why would he want the price to go down so that he can buy the game if he already has 80 copies of it?

[quote name='DaMonStEr']Why would he want the price to go down so that he can buy the game if he already has 80 copies of it?[/QUOTE]

There's nothing stopping people from making listings on EBay when they don't actually have the item they've listed for sale. Selling 80 copies of the game for $14.99 will likely cause the price on EBay to plummet. It's happened before, and while it's not the best way to get a game cheaply, nor do I necessarily think he's doing it for this reason, it's an effective way to drive down the price of an item.

Regardless of HOW he got them, the price is what got me. Even if someone actually had 80 of them, nobody is stupid enough to go THAT low. I don't know what they tell for regularly, but $10-20 below the reg price and they will all still disappear. Except, you'll make much more money.

Free shipping too... yeah right. Oh well, either way, holiday's bring out the worst in people, so be careful with any abnormal deals right now.

[quote name='RolePlayer']haha someone already left feedback but they thought they were asking a question.[/QUOTE]
Lol this is too funny. What a disaster this guy has created.

Just from selling 100 copies of ODST and 200 of MW2 he should be walking away with approx. $4,300 after paypal fees. If he was legit, after paypal and ebay fees including shipping he is looking at $2,850 and that's lowballing the shipping. That comes out to a $9.50 profit per game. I say no fuck ing way.

[quote name='Retom7']Regardless of HOW he got them, the price is what got me. Even if someone actually had 80 of them, nobody is stupid enough to go THAT low. I don't know what they tell for regularly, but $10-20 below the reg price and they will all still disappear. Except, you'll make much more money.[/QUOTE]

The guy also shipped an antique clock in an envelope. I don't think he's all that bright.

[quote name='namtrahj']The guy also shipped an antique clock in an envelope. I don't think he's all that bright.[/QUOTE]

I read that feedback the other night and couldn't believe my eyes.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']There's nothing stopping people from making listings on EBay when they don't actually have the item they've listed for sale. Selling 80 copies of the game for $14.99 will likely cause the price on EBay to plummet. It's happened before, and while it's not the best way to get a game cheaply, nor do I necessarily think he's doing it for this reason, it's an effective way to drive down the price of an item.[/QUOTE]

Good point, never thought about it like that. That's fucking crazy though lol

I'll admit it, I tried getting in on this deal, paid with Paypal just to be sure I'd get my $ back if it went sour. He even sent me a tracking # for this non existent package...! I called Paypal( Bombay, India) and they gave me his cell #, home #, address, I'm pretty sure they shouldn't have done this though. I'm still waiting to hear/get my $ back from Paypal on this. I bought it on the 18th, today is the 8th.
Yeah, I'm a sucker for a good deal. When I saw that he said he "found" them, I immediately filed a claim. I didn't want to be hooked up for buying stolen property or anything like that........

bread's done
Back