EBGames 6/30 - 7/4 $70 DS trade-in

arbiter

CAGiversary!
I heard this rumor from another local CAG'er on our local deals thread.
I went in to the EB and confirmed with a manager I know relatively well.

From the 30th to the 4th, they are raising the trade-in value of a used DS system from $40 up to $70. He thinks it's mainly to try to encourage people to trade up to a DS Lite, though he believes there is no requirement that you use the credit on a Lite.

Keep in mind, this is just what I heard from a guy, but I trust him.
YMMV.

(11:20 6/29 Edit: pulled the info about $1 price changes until someone has better info)

i hope that we would be able to use the $20 extra coupon in the game informer magazine on top of that...if so that would be great

[quote name='arbiter']
He also confirmed that he's heard trade values on PS2/GC/Xbox are going down to $1 per game as the next gen systems get ready to launch... but there should still be bonus credit offers for trading multiple games in at one time. He seemed suprised that I knew this was coming.

YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I understand the need to shrink down their inventory, but I highly doubt it.

[quote name='arbiter']I heard this rumor from another local CAG'er on our local deals thread.
I went in to the EB and confirmed with a manager I know relatively well.

From the 30th to the 4th, they are raising the trade-in value of a used DS system from $40 up to $70. He thinks it's mainly to try to encourage people to trade up to a DS Lite, though he believes there is no requirement that you use the credit on a Lite.

He also confirmed that he's heard trade values on PS2/GC/Xbox are going down to $1 per game as the next gen systems get ready to launch... but there should still be bonus credit offers for trading multiple games in at one time. He seemed suprised that I knew this was coming.

YMMV.[/quote]

Wrong and Wrong, and I'll confirm them as wrong.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']and you base this on absolutely nothing ?[/quote]

Meh some people know me.. some dont.. ;)

[quote name='Jedi1979']i hope that we would be able to use the $20 extra coupon in the game informer magazine on top of that...if so that would be great[/QUOTE]

I bet that there's some clause on the coupon that says that it can't be combined with other offers, but it would be nice if they did. I'd trade my old fat DS in for $90. =)

Well, isn't the $1 thing kind of true - but bass ackwards? What they did was RAISE all the < $1 trade-ins to a MINIMUM of $1. If they now go and knock all the current PS2/GC/Xbox prices to $1 they will get NO TRADES WHATSOEVER. Maybe he misheard the bumping of minimum values to $1 and in his mind completely flipped that around :D. I know as of yesterday (and today I think) values are still holding but the $1 minumum has been confirmed on many titles that used to be less than $1.

[quote name='io']Well, isn't the $1 thing kind of true - but bass ackwards? What they did was RAISE all the < $1 trade-ins to a MINIMUM of $1. If they now go and knock all the current PS2/GC/Xbox prices to $1 they will get NO TRADES WHATSOEVER. Maybe he misheard the bumping of minimum values to $1 and in his mind completely flipped that around :D. I know as of yesterday (and today I think) values are still holding but the $1 minumum has been confirmed on many titles that used to be less than $1.[/quote]

Yep the $1 minimum is true but the drop of everything to $1 soon is absolutley wrong..

Hmmmmmm

I wonder if this is true, will gamestop do it too?

Im going to call EB tomorrow, then gamestop, and find out A) if this is true, B) If gamestop is doing it too and C) if I can use my GI copoun with this deal.

[quote name='TanisLinkEragon']Hmmmmmm

I wonder if this is true, will gamestop do it too?

Im going to call EB tomorrow, then gamestop, and find out A) if this is true, B) If gamestop is doing it too and C) if I can use my GI copoun with this deal.[/quote]

Ok, since I'm not sure I had enough background on this to ask the right questions, and maybe the guy misunderstood me, I'm retracting the $1 thing until someone on here can confirm it independently or clarify it. We can dedicate a new thread to that as it pans out. I'm going to edit my post down to just the $70 DS deal since I'm pretty certain about it. (asked twice and got the same answer both times)

Sorry if this got confusing...

[quote name='arbiter']Ok, since I'm not sure I had enough background on this to ask the right questions, and maybe the guy misunderstood me, I'm retracting the $1 thing until someone on here can confirm it independently or clarify it. We can dedicate a new thread to that as it pans out. I'm going to edit my post down to just the $70 DS deal since I'm pretty certain about it. (asked twice and got the same answer both times)

Sorry if this got confusing...[/quote]

It still is.. how is it $70 dollars when the promotion this weekend is +20$ for a DS System trade in making it $60.00

The trade in value for a DS system is $40.00 normally.. according to CAG Wiki.

In before the lock!

This thread is a kick in the nuts while wearing a cup: a bit painful, but mostly pointless.

bread's done
Back