EBGames and Madden 10

[quote name='brarstar']do you know the list of games??[/QUOTE]

It's any two games that are worth at least $8 in their trade in system. Needs to be current gen so no Xbox/PS2/GC titles. Must have case and manual.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']This weekend at EB is Trade 2 + 9.99 and get Madden 10 free.[/QUOTE]

How is Madden free if you're paying $10? :D

Thanks for sharing.

Some rumor say they might do the same for NHL 10 closer to release date (T2+ $10 instead of T2 +$20). I am not sure NHL09 PS3 will keep up with $8+ TIV in the context of NHL10 going out.... let's say I am not sure it's a good idea to wait, but $10 less is tempting.

Hmmm...so the EBG Madden 10 deal essentially equals the Rogers one, unless you already have the Star Rewards membership which is $10.

And at least with EB you don't have to deal with the uber-stringent trade-in policies as with Rogers, and there's a lot more games to trade-in.

Hmm..where should I go to for my Madden 10 fix...?

but it won't outsell Madden so it's an exercise in futility.
it's like betting on the Bills in the Superbowl.
EB is offering you a Gaming Guarantee so you have a week to get it refunded in full.
but thinking it will get refunded AND keep your copy when it beats MADDEN!!?!
that's a nice free PR move. we're talking about it. but come on, it's MADDEN.

[quote name='Bewildered']I wouldnt bother going to EB Games when you can just goto Rogers an trade 2 an get free no free and 9.99 lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='heimdal']Hmmm...so the EBG Madden 10 deal essentially equals the Rogers one, unless you already have the Star Rewards membership which is $10.
[/QUOTE]

;)

The only thing is that for rogers trade 2 get it free deal, the games you are trading have to be on their list. (Granted, the list is pretty big and you can find a lot of the games used at Eb for $20.)

So, anyone know if they'll be waiting for shipments or will the game be already on store shelves once the stores open? I only ask because I've got half an hour between when the stores open and when I start work so I thought it might be constructive to get my copy already instead of waiting till the end of my shift.

I'm pretty sure for Madden stores already have copies.

Anyway, does anyone know if I can get my T2 + $20 adjusted back down $10? So should I just change that to another preorder and do a new T2 + $10.

i read an upside down email that was on an EB counter tonight. (8/13 madden eve) it said:

all the EB reps during the weekend madden blitz are going to ask us when we
pickup our madden copy if we would like to pre-order NHL while we're there.
if we put down $5.00 they will match it. so essentially when you order NHL this
weekend when you pay for madden they'll knock off $5.00 on NHL i guess.

not sure how that works with T2+$20 orders or TI in general. i guess they're just
saying if you pre-order it it's only $64.99? what if i did a T3G1F for it?
do i get $5.00 back cause i pre-ordered and gave them 14 $5.00 deposits? ;)
my head hurts.

Just worked for me. Traded in Too Human and Saint's Row (greatest hits) for Madden at the Gamestop near King/Duncan underground in TO.

Talked to the guy at my local EB today and he said he thought that NHL10 would be the same deal as Madden (trade 2 + $10). I was ready to pay my $20 (t2+$20) right then until he told me to hold off and see what happens. Fingers crossed. I appreciated the tip anyways. I'm expecting to pay the $20 and anything else will be a bonus.

For NHL 10, I asked over the weekend and the guy said if I did a T2+$20 (which I did a long time ago) and they did a T2+$10 promo, I would be able to get my $10 back if I came in with a receipt.

bread's done
Back