EBGames B&M - 2 for $30 (including R&C:UYA), Starting May 23

lordopus99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Starting May 23, 2 for 30 select Greatest Hit titles.

Titles include:

Socom 2
Shrek 2
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenol
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Jak 2
A few others

They are listed in the new Catalog. I work next Tuesday and I will post the other titles.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Haven't played Jak 3, but Jak 2 kicks Jak 1's ass[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. Jak 2 is fine when you actually get to PLAY the game. Driving across the entire world on those annoying hovercrafts to get to each mission ruined the whole game for me. I'm currently going through Jak 1 and enjoy it much more without being forced to ride on those hovercrafts all the time.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Haven't played Jak 3, but Jak 2 kicks Jak 1's ass[/QUOTE]

heh, I think exactly the opposite... I haven't played Jak 3, but Jak 1 kicks Jak 2's ass... :D

[quote name='stolazi']Can anyone recommend one of the Jak games over the other? I haven't played any of the series and would like to get one of those games with R&C: UYA.[/QUOTE]

Depends, if you want a GTA type game with platforming elements go with Jak 2, if you want a straight platformer go with Jak and Daxter. I enjoyed both equally, but can easily see how someone would like either one over the other

fuck EB... seriously.

Their website gets updated every morning... I know this because I bought Technic Beat there yesterday, and today my store is no longer listed for it's availbility.

After finally getting the local store convinced the sale really WAS happening (had to get a different store to call them to let them know they were wrong) they tell me over the phone that they are sold out of Up Your Arsenal, and so is all the other local stores.

The website lists all those stores as having new copies...so kind of weird that all of a sudden they are out of them (espically since I was at EB yesterday trying to get them to do the sale early, and they had plenty of UYA left).

That, and I was told if I was to return any of those games from the sale, I'd have to return BOTH of them and not just one if I wanted cash back. I'd only get store credit if I returned just one sale game for 14.99.

Here's the fun part - CIRCUIT CITY ACCEPTS THIS AD!

The lady accepted UYA for 19.99 no problem... the ad says "Greatest Hits - 19.99 each" and I showed her the price, and the picture of UYA (it's in GH packaging in the ad) and she changed the price.

It comes up to be 17.99 after the 110% discount (20 + 2). It's an awesome deal if you a) don't want to deal with retarded EB cashiers b) want it before it goes GH with the red stripe and c) don't want another game out of the 2 for 30 list.

Just got back from EB, and the sale included all PS2 Greatest Hits.

Ended up with R&C: UYA and Sly 1 for $30.

[quote name='stolazi']Just got back from EB, and the sale included all PS2 Greatest Hits.

Ended up with R&C: UYA and Sly 1 for $30.[/QUOTE]

Both EB's on the phone told me it was ONLY the games pictured in the ad, and nothing more. I even asked about Sly Cooper 1. Was going to call a third one but I didn't care anymore at that point. Seems like you got lucky.

I hate that damn store so much.

I never even thought to see if Circuit City will accept the coupon... it would be nice to get two greatest hits games for around 27, and not even deal with EB, since you could definately pull off any two greatest hits for 30 at CC since the coupon is vague.

Hey,
Just wanted to add i went to 2 different ebgames today.The first Store said they couldn't honor the ad/coupon because they didn't have any copies of Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal with the greatest hits packaging. The second store i got the manager to ok the deal and i was able to pick up Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal
and Sly Cooper 1. Although Ratchet was the usual "New" but already opened game.
Good luck to anybody else who can get in on this deal.

I just got back and although the associate had to enter everything in manually, it worked OK. He had no idea about the deal, and I got the last 2 sealed copies of R&C:GC and UYA. Score for me!

I just picked mine up today. It is not an auto promotion. Show them the coupon in the May Star Wars Catalog and tell them to manually input the EBC code. I ended up picking up two copies of it. I traded the other one in for $15. Thus got RC:UYA for 15.

Tomorrow I am going to check if other titles work outside of those pictured.

Rejected. I'm afraid R&C:UYA is going to be YMMV. I tried this out last night for R&C:UYA and Champions of Norath and was shot down. The R&C:UYA rang up at $40 so they placed a phone call. I was then told that the R&C:UYA was a typo and would not be honored. The deal is supposed to be on the first two R&C games. The rest of the games listed should work fine though. Guess I'll just keep waiting for the price drop on R&C:UYA.

[quote name='thetshell']Rejected. I'm afraid R&C:UYA is going to be YMMV. I tried this out last night for R&C:UYA and Champions of Norath and was shot down. The R&C:UYA rang up at $40 so they placed a phone call. I was then told that the R&C:UYA was a typo and would not be honored. The deal is supposed to be on the first two R&C games. The rest of the games listed should work fine though. Guess I'll just keep waiting for the price drop on R&C:UYA.[/QUOTE]

Go to Circuit City and price match R&C: UYA. After the extra 10% they give you on the price difference, you can get UYA for 17.99.

Circuit City won't think twice about the ad... the picture is there, with the item name and the SKU #, so it all looks very legit. It's not a typo, that EB was just trying to screw you, the EB flyer even has UYA with a Greatest Hits logo on it.

[quote name='thetshell']Rejected. I'm afraid R&C:UYA is going to be YMMV. I tried this out last night for R&C:UYA and Champions of Norath and was shot down. The R&C:UYA rang up at $40 so they placed a phone call. I was then told that the R&C:UYA was a typo and would not be honored. The deal is supposed to be on the first two R&C games. The rest of the games listed should work fine though. Guess I'll just keep waiting for the price drop on R&C:UYA.[/quote]

your district must of been cock blocked. It works in the computer as I did it yesterday. They have to manually enter the "EBC" coupon code. If I were you, try another EB in the area. My district manager has said nothing about not honoring it.

After trying other games today, only the pictured titles work.

I tried the circuit city hook up, and no dice, gave me the whole greatest hits are different upc codes and what not. Without them having it as a greatest hits, I had no case. Told me nopers. Gonna try best buy, I think the price match is a YMMV.........depends on the cashier, I have had some outragous price matches go through in the past, like x-mas last year, price matched buffy s6, and south parks s1 and 2 for 17.99 each there (from a target ad) and he tried to call to verify they had it, but you try getting through to a person during x-mas season, and close to closing? (your best bet if it is iffy to begin with) they just want to go home, and sometimes dont want to hold up the line. So got them for like 14.41 or something close tot hat. Pays to be firm, but if you get a no, say thanks and try the next one. I am lucky, I have at least 4-5 circuits within driving distance and the same for best buys and targets....so gonna try again, I hate buying from ebgames, they have good prices on occasion, but tired of feeling like I am the anal one, when I ask for a factory sealed one for a gift each time. I hope that policy bites them soon.

Yea the cashier at CC is YMMV... the cashier I got looked like she hated being there and just wanted to go home. She didn't even look for a date on the ad... just saw the picture of the game and the price and hooked it up.

[quote name='thetshell']Rejected. I'm afraid R&C:UYA is going to be YMMV. I tried this out last night for R&C:UYA and Champions of Norath and was shot down. The R&C:UYA rang up at $40 so they placed a phone call. I was then told that the R&C:UYA was a typo and would not be honored. The deal is supposed to be on the first two R&C games. The rest of the games listed should work fine though. Guess I'll just keep waiting for the price drop on R&C:UYA.[/QUOTE]

Update: Persistance pays off. I went to a different EB over lunch today and got the deal. So I ended up with R&C:UYA and Champions of Norath for $15 each. The clerk had to do a bunch of manual overrides which took an extra five minutes, but in the end the deal worked. I should also note that this store did have copies of the flyer on hand whereas the first EB I went to didn't. Thanks for the deal!

[quote name='thetshell']Update: Persistance pays off. I went to a different EB over lunch today and got the deal. So I ended up with R&C:UYA and Champions of Norath for $15 each. The clerk had to do a bunch of manual overrides which took an extra five minutes, but in the end the deal worked. I should also note that this store did have copies of the flyer on hand whereas the first EB I went to didn't. Thanks for the deal![/QUOTE]
can someone try to scan the new ad or at least mention the new deals

I got two UYA's today, but like everyone else who is getting it, the cashier had to do manual overrides, and call his manager to make sure it was ok. Also, the only copies they had were store opened yet "new" so they weren't sealed. I checked the discs, and they had some scratches on it, but not enough to deter me from buying. Oh well...I did also pick up a Hitman Contracts XBox for $5, and that was sealed.

picked up r&c uya and yugioh dor...plus the art of tekken book for $1 and a zelda shirt for $1....i wasn't going to pick up the tekken book because im not a big fighter fan, but it was regularly $39.99, so I had to buy it....and they had a ds shirt and an ebgames shirt that i passed on, both $1 each

You musta played 2 completely different games because the Jak 2 I played was bogged down in tedium whereas the first was first-rate platforming entertainment.

[quote name='Hixton1']You musta played 2 completely different games because the Jak 2 I played was bogged down in tedium whereas the first was first-rate platforming entertainment.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Was very disappointed to see that Jak 2 strayed so far from Jak 1.

[quote name='punqsux']iive just never been able to get in to the r+c games (i have played demos of all 3) but the jak and sly games i totally love.[/QUOTE]

I'm the exact opposite. I didn't like Jak's jungle atmosphere... boring. But I loved Ratchet:

- I like sci-fi
- I like a cartoony style
- Ratchet combines both into a single game. Lots of fun

troy

[quote name='Trocar']the only copies they had were store opened yet "new" so they weren't sealed. [/QUOTE]

I sometimes sell those games on Ebay. They're brand-new from the store, never played, but not sealed. Most of my customers are happy, but some complain that I falsely advertised - (I don't.... my sealed games are clearly marked "sealed new").

And yet, EBgames sells non-sealed games as new.

Is that legal?

troy

bread's done
Back