EBGames Canada 10$ game deal?

CoffeeMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Has anyone heard of EBGames Canada having a 10$ game deal, soon?

Where each day they have a different game on sale for 10$.
From what i've heard Battalion Wars, Odama and Metroid Prime Pinball where on the list.

CheapyD Edit:

[quote name='CoffeeMan'] here's the full list till the end of july

I found this on redflag deals website and it was taken from Gamefaq's...

"Here's a complete list for every day until July 21. All titles are $9.89 unless otherwise marked

June 16: The Con (PSP); Pariah (XB - $0.01 with purchase of any other XBox game)
June 17: MLP (PSP); The Con (PSP)

June 18: DragonBallZ Sagas (PS2); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
June 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 20: Timesplitters (PS2); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 21: Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 22: Timesplitters (PS2); Operation Spy (PS2)
June 23: Without Warning (PS2); Madden 2005 (XB)
June 24: Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB); Timesplitters (XB)

June 25: NHL 2005 (XB); Ape Escape: Ape Academy (PSP)
June 26: Metroid Prime Pinball (DS); Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC)
June 27: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 28: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); Bet on Soldier (PC)
June 29: Battallion Wars (GC); Odama (GC)
June 30: Act of War (PC); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
***July 1***: Pac-Man World 3 (PC); Conflict Global Terror (PC)

Don't forget that on July 1st GST drops to 6%!

July 2: Viewtiful Joe (PS2); Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC)
July 3: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (NG); The Sims: Bustin' Out (NG - $0.89)
July 4: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Freedom Force: The 3rd Reich
July 5: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 6: Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC); Operation Shadow (NG - $0.89)
July 7: 187 Ride or Die (PS2); NBA Live 2005 (XB)
July 8: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); The Getaway: Black Monday (PS2)

July 9: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Total Overdose (PC)
July 10: Total Overdose (PC); Ultima Online : Samurai Empire (PC)
July 11: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 12: American Chopper (XB); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
July 13: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 14: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2/XB)
July 15: Neopets Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing (PSP); 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB)

July 16: 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 17: Asheron's Call: Throne of Destiny (PC); Disney's Toontown Online (PC)
July 18: Cold Wars (PC - $7.97); SSX: Out of Bounds (NG - $0.89)
July 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Power Tennis (GBA)
July 20: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC - $1.89)
July 21: Need for Speed Underground (XB); Act of War (PC)"

Print, highlight and shop
icon_razz.gif
[/quote]

[quote name='Ramman77']Heh after you introduced me to eBay, I'm absolutely hooked :D

Almost everything is so much cheaper than the copies in stores, so it's great! The main problem is that shipping usually kills a lot of the benefits.

About the TRU PoP:Two Thrones, ya I checked the TRU website and it did list the XBox version for $30, but it didn't say anything about the GC so I wasn't sure. You're lucky you had a cool employee..I'm not sure if all of them will base it on the website's XBox price though, since some games may have different prices for different consoles.

For the Metroid Prime 2 auction, I actually asked him if it was sealed, but I didn't get a reply (still haven't =\). However, I did check his store website and it says that all the games are new and sealed, so hopefully it actually is.

By the way, what type of package does the game usually come in? I asked a seller and he said he just puts it in an envelope with bubble wrap :eek:...[/quote]

Yea I got hooked as well, things are much MUCH cheaper on there, shipping usually isn't too bad (make sure you always check it, some sellers inflate their shipping to screw you over) and also give yourself some self control, i went a bit crazy :p http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/st...051&catalogId=10054&langId=-1&productId=76677
you meant $19.99 for the xbox version right? well anyways get the broadway locations phone # and bring it over to FS if they don't believe the gc version is $19.99 as well. If the game isn't new and sealed msg him back and complain (for false advertisement, say you'll complain to ebay) the packaging is generally based on what type of shipping you chose, usually it comes in bubble wrap (which IMO is great, its safe, cheap and easy to open)

[quote name='Ramman77']Heh ya I didn't check eBay before I made that comment..I checked and there is indeed a lot of copies of Skies of Arcadia, at pretty decent prices too (under $30 not counting shipping). I agree that GC is seriously lacking in RPG's, so I decided to get Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles to try it out. Have you played it yet? Any opinions? :lol:

Also, I have another question: I won an auction for Final Fantasy: CC with a Nintendo Power strategy guide for around $20 shipping, which isn't too bad of a deal. However, I have paid the person via VISA on paypal, and asked him when he will send the item. He told me that he has to wait until the payment is cleared with his bank.

Is what he's saying possibly true? I've always thought credit card transactions were instant (maybe not =\), and that first auction with Metroid Prime only took 1-2 days before the game was sent. It has been 3 days now and he still hasn't sent the game. How long does your sellers usually take before they send it?[/quote]

Yep, but before when I bought it, there were next to none :cry: ah well. FF:CC is an alright game, i bought it when it first came out (stupid STUPID mistake) and traded it in later for like $5 store credit (that was the last time i ever went to EB), Credit card payments are instant i believe, but just be a little patient, if he still says it hasn't cleared within a week, ask him about it again, if same answer tell paypal/ebay, I always pay instantly, check my feedback to see XD http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=maigoyume&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS
in any case, always check the persons feedback before dealing as well, the best ebayers have the best feedback (course some are power sellers who just have insane feedback, i saw one with 30000 i believe) the people i buy from usually ship within 1-2 days oh if you're looking for some good places to buy games heres a few sellers (you can add them to your favourites like i did)

http://stores.ebay.ca/THE-BIG3MKT-VIDEO-GAMES_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
(Fair prices, all buy it now)

http://stores.ebay.ca/GameLiquidations_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
(Very good prices, but beware of shipping, if you plan to buy, i suggest combining with at least another game)

http://stores.ebay.ca/JRVIDEOGAME_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
(Easy to search through, fair prices)

http://stores.ebay.ca/HitGamings-Vintage-Video-Games_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
(Fair prices, but shipping is a bit iffy, try to combine when you can)

Well those are my favourites, i usually just browse around all 4 if i'm looking for a specific game, except the inflated shipping one, but that has a really wide selection, hmm well all of them do :p in any case I use those quite a bit, hope you enjoy them

FF:CC sucks ass alone. Hilarious if you've got four people all with the necessary equipment. Best RPG for the GCN is Tales of Symphonia in my opinion. I loved the battle system.

[quote name='Firestorm']FF:CC sucks ass alone. Hilarious if you've got four people all with the necessary equipment. Best RPG for the GCN is Tales of Symphonia in my opinion. I loved the battle system.[/quote]

Definitely, but unfortunately i didn't have any friends with all the stuff, but ToS is for sure wicked awesome, none of that turn-based stuff, real time FTW!

[quote name='bbruzzes']I've seen Metroid Prime 1 and 2 at Blockbuster for $14.99 new, along with Mario Power Tennis for the same price. It may be a YMMV deal, although I went to another one in another town and they had similar deals.[/quote]

There are two Blockbuster's in Welland now?!?!

I know the one on Niagara, but where's the other? And which one had Power Tennis? I think I may have to make the short trip out there to go and grab it.

Thanks to all the CAGs in Toronto that cleared all the copies of Mario Tennis: Power Tour out! :bomb:

One of the fellows was kind enough to tell me that it's being discontinued, so the hunt is on. :D

[quote name='firestorm']FF:CC sucks ass alone. Hilarious if you've got four people all with the necessary equipment. Best RPG for the GCN is Tales of Symphonia in my opinion. I loved the battle system.[/quote]

[quote name='maigoyume'] Its not a bad game by any means, but it gets boring real fast
[/QUOTE]

Doh! I was looking to play FF:CC as a single-player game... :(

Is there a lot of different levels/environments? How about weapons/equipment? ...also, does the character's appearance change when you equip different items? (I love games with that feature, such as Maple Story :lol:)

Oh well, good thing I didn't pay the ridiculous $59.99 price tag in game stores in the Greater Vancouver area. (What's with that anyways? =\..the US sells the game at $20 USD). I ended up getting it for $20 with the Nintendo Power strategy guide on eBay.

[quote name='CocoVG']Thanks to all the CAGs in Toronto that cleared all the copies of Mario Tennis: Power Tour out! :bomb: [/quote]

Heh the EB GOTD deal was posted in a LOT of different sites, so don't be too mad at CAGs in particular ;)

And besides, at least with Mario Tennis there were a number copies to be cleared out, unlike the 2 measly copies in the Vancouver and Tri-City area.

[quote name='maigoyume']Yea I got hooked as well, things are much MUCH cheaper on there, shipping usually isn't too bad (make sure you always check it, some sellers inflate their shipping to screw you over) and also give yourself some self control, i went a bit crazy :p http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10054&langId=-1&productId=76677
you meant $19.99 for the xbox version right? well anyways get the broadway locations phone # and bring it over to FS if they don't believe the gc version is $19.99 as well. If the game isn't new and sealed msg him back and complain (for false advertisement, say you'll complain to ebay) the packaging is generally based on what type of shipping you chose, usually it comes in bubble wrap (which IMO is great, its safe, cheap and easy to open)[/quote]

Ya for me I always count the shipping as part of the game price, and compare that to the retail price (+tax) from stores around here. I once saw someone list Metroid Prime for 1 cent, and it had no bids in it! Turned out the shipping price was $25 :lol:...

For that Metroid Prime game, still haven't received it yet. =\...I REALLY hope it's sealed though, since it's basically "used" to me if it isn't factory sealed. (As there's no other sort of "guarantee" that the game will be new)...I also hate those "unused" auctions with the game being shipped in a plastic sleeve with no case / manuals. :lol:

You can choose the type of shipping? :eek:..usually sellers only have 1 option of shipping to Canada (I believe it's like USPS airmail or something)...never seen one with 2 different shipping prices to Canada...yet? ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']Yep, but before when I bought it, there were next to none :cry: ah well. FF:CC is an alright game, i bought it when it first came out (stupid STUPID mistake) and traded it in later for like $5 store credit (that was the last time i ever went to EB), Credit card payments are instant i believe, but just be a little patient, if he still says it hasn't cleared within a week, ask him about it again, if same answer tell paypal/ebay, I always pay instantly, check my feedback to see XD http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=maigoyume&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS
in any case, always check the persons feedback before dealing as well, the best ebayers have the best feedback (course some are power sellers who just have insane feedback, i saw one with 30000 i believe) the people i buy from usually ship within 1-2 days oh if you're looking for some good places to buy games heres a few sellers (you can add them to your favourites like i did)

http://stores.ebay.ca/THE-BIG3MKT-VIDEO-GAMES_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
(Fair prices, all buy it now)

http://stores.ebay.ca/GameLiquidations_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
(Very good prices, but beware of shipping, if you plan to buy, i suggest combining with at least another game)

http://stores.ebay.ca/JRVIDEOGAME_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
(Easy to search through, fair prices)

http://stores.ebay.ca/HitGamings-Vintage-Video-Games_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
(Fair prices, but shipping is a bit iffy, try to combine when you can)

Well those are my favourites, i usually just browse around all 4 if i'm looking for a specific game, except the inflated shipping one, but that has a really wide selection, hmm well all of them do :p in any case I use those quite a bit, hope you enjoy them[/quote]

Ya after emailing the guy twice, he finally replied saying he shipped the item. Yay! :applause:...I almost thought he would just take the money and run or something (although he DID have 800+ feedback). By the way, what happens if you paid for an item but the seller doesn't send it or reply to any emails? What can you do?

Thanks for the list of sellers! I've seen GameLiquidations auctioning a number of products I wanted, but ya, like you said, their shipping prices are usually pretty high. BIG3MKT is pretty good though - cheap prices and reasonable shipping. Do you have any major Canadian sellers in your favorites though (as their shipping is usually lowest)? I've seen some but forgot to add them.

PS. I almost won a brand new copy of Skies of Arcadia today :D...I've been watching it for like 5 days now (started at $0.99)...this morning the price was up to around $12 Canadian, so it wasn't too bad...however, right before the auction ended it skyrocketted to about $24, and with the $14 shipping fee, the game was like $38 CDN, so I didn't buy it :p

How much did you pay for your copy?

[quote name='Ramman77']Ya for me I always count the shipping as part of the game price, and compare that to the retail price (+tax) from stores around here. I once saw someone list Metroid Prime for 1 cent, and it had no bids in it! Turned out the shipping price was $25 :lol:...

For that Metroid Prime game, still haven't received it yet. =\...I REALLY hope it's sealed though, since it's basically "used" to me if it isn't factory sealed. (As there's no other sort of "guarantee" that the game will be new)...I also hate those "unused" auctions with the game being shipped in a plastic sleeve with no case / manuals. :lol:

You can choose the type of shipping? :eek:..usually sellers only have 1 option of shipping to Canada (I believe it's like USPS airmail or something)...never seen one with 2 different shipping prices to Canada...yet? ;)[/quote]

have some patience, you forget that these things have to go through customs, give it at least 1 wk, it took me 3 weeks to receive rub rabbits and they actually opened up the bubble wrap to make sure =.=

yea i know what you mean about the unused ones avoid at all costs, sometimes you CAN choose shipping to canada but most sellers (unless they wholesale) avoid international shipping because there is no delivery confirmation

[quote name='Ramman77']Ya after emailing the guy twice, he finally replied saying he shipped the item. Yay! :applause:...I almost thought he would just take the money and run or something (although he DID have 800+ feedback). By the way, what happens if you paid for an item but the seller doesn't send it or reply to any emails? What can you do?

Thanks for the list of sellers! I've seen GameLiquidations auctioning a number of products I wanted, but ya, like you said, their shipping prices are usually pretty high. BIG3MKT is pretty good though - cheap prices and reasonable shipping. Do you have any major Canadian sellers in your favorites though (as their shipping is usually lowest)? I've seen some but forgot to add them.

PS. I almost won a brand new copy of Skies of Arcadia today :D...I've been watching it for like 5 days now (started at $0.99)...this morning the price was up to around $12 Canadian, so it wasn't too bad...however, right before the auction ended it skyrocketted to about $24, and with the $14 shipping fee, the game was like $38 CDN, so I didn't buy it :p

How much did you pay for your copy?[/quote]You can report them to ebay, you will usually win. You're welcome for the list, unfortunately most of the sellers are US, i have yet to find a canadian wholesaler one, let me know if you do, yea watch out for the spiking in the last minute or two thats how people usually do it, kinda like a prowler, theres probably quite a few other auctions out there for you to win, be patient (before i had a ebay acct, i was browsing around for SoA Legends, i saw a buy it now new sealed for $15 + $8 shipping? and i was like WOW, too bad i didn't have an ebay acct i was so pissed off that day) anytways just be patient, something will show up, best of luck =D

bread's done
Back