EBGames.com and used PS1 games?

ex0

CAGiversary!
I was considering using the B2G1 promotion as there are some PS1 games I want, however I was curious what the probibility is of actually getting the case and instructions. Previous experiences with used PS1 games and EBGames.com would be nice (condition, completeness, etc...). Thanks.

I ordered twice for the buy2get1 PS1 deal...plus one extra. Out of the 7 games I ordered total, 3 were complete, so I'd say about a 40-50% chance perhaps.

In my experience the newer games tend to have the manuals and everything else while older titles (MDK, Spider, Alien Trilogy to name a few) had the contents missing.

When I purchased a game, I got the original case but not the manual. But since it was a replacement copy for a fucked up game, I already had all that.

Just got most of an order (6/7 PS1 games) in last night. Three were complete, three were not. One needed a little bit of cleaning to get the music to stop skipping, one doesn't work at all, the others are perfect. They take in-store returns, though, so it should be fairly easy (no shipping costs) to get your money back on anything that doesn't work. I'll let you know how it goes when I take the non-functional one to a store later today/tomorrow, if you're interested. They still haven't shipped my copy of Mr. Driller, though...

I was thinking about getting Arc the Lad Collection with aff25 but the possibility of no case/manual (let alone all the extras that came with it) is holding me back.

Well, you can usually order replacement manuals...but Working Designs wants $10 + $6.50 shipping for Arc The Lad Collection's, so you can probably do better elsewhere; especially since that won't get you the case inserts and other extras. It's a great resource for Atlus games, at least.

Anyway, in-store return went great. Anything I didn't absolutely have to have a manual and case inserts for, I'd get from them.

[quote name='dafoomie']I was thinking about getting Arc the Lad Collection with aff25 but the possibility of no case/manual (let alone all the extras that came with it) is holding me back.[/quote]

I see you live in Boston...do you know how to get to Strawberries near Downtown Crossing? They have Arc the Lad Collection for $29.99.

I see you live in Boston...do you know how to get to Strawberries near Downtown Crossing? They have Arc the Lad Collection for $29.99.

I actually saw that about an hour ago, I can try to run down there on Monday before work but if theres only one copy I probably won't get there before someone else does.

Thanks for looking out though. Hopefully it won't be a reseller if they beat me to it.

[quote name='dafoomie']

I actually saw that about an hour ago, I can try to run down there on Monday before work but if theres only one copy I probably won't get there before someone else does.

Thanks for looking out though. Hopefully it won't be a reseller if they beat me to it.[/quote]

heh, don't worry a bout that, that game has been sitting there for at least a year. It's on the shelf above the gamecube games ( display copy I assume since it's empty) so that is probably why it hasn't been noticed by many people.

I'm there monday morning then... Thanks.

Theres been situations like this before where somethings been there forever but it gets snatched up the day it gets posted here.

They will most likely be loose, unless you're buying something like one of the Pro Pinball games or those A1 and Mud Duck games. When I see those at EB B&M they almost always have the box and manual.

bread's done
Back