EBgames.com charging for saver shipping

majinvegeta-88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
I have noticed that on my last three purchases from ebgames.com that I was charged for shipping even though I used the saver coupon. If I were you guys I would check my past orders and see if they charged you for shipping. I just called them up and got $6 refunded to my credit card for my last 3 orders. Just a warning to all. Though saver shows up during checkout, they still charge your credit card when shipping.

you know ebgames charges tax for shipping too right? for me who is in california the tax is 8.75% so 1.99 shipping will come out to be 2.16. it sux to have to pay taxes on shipping because there are no tax on shipping. imagine how much ebgames made off of that .17 per person if over 1 million people buy games from them online.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']I have noticed that on my last three purchases from ebgames.com that I was charged for shipping even though I used the saver coupon. If I were you guys I would check my past orders and see if they charged you for shipping. I just called them up and got $6 refunded to my credit card for my last 3 orders. Just a warning to all. Though saver shows up during checkout, they still charge your credit card when shipping.[/quote]

So they do show the extra $2 charged in your order history on ebgames.com? (In other words you don't have to check your CC statement to find out if they overcharged you, you can just check your order history on eb.com?)

I guess I'm not sure if when you say "I would check my past orders" you mean to check your CC statement or to check your ebgames.com order history.

I bought three games from ebgames.com using the saver shipping/edge card/cag 15 for $39.72. They ending up shipping each game with their own tracking #. I guess they didn't shipped all threes game at the same time. They charge me three times which appear on my cc. One game for $14.06 shipped, 2nd game for $14.60 shipped, and third game for $11.06 shipped.

[quote name='wubb'][quote name='majinvegeta-88']I have noticed that on my last three purchases from ebgames.com that I was charged for shipping even though I used the saver coupon. If I were you guys I would check my past orders and see if they charged you for shipping. I just called them up and got $6 refunded to my credit card for my last 3 orders. Just a warning to all. Though saver shows up during checkout, they still charge your credit card when shipping.[/quote]

So they do show the extra $2 charged in your order history on ebgames.com? (In other words you don't have to check your CC statement to find out if they overcharged you, you can just check your order history on eb.com?)

I guess I'm not sure if when you say "I would check my past orders" you mean to check your CC statement or to check your ebgames.com order history.[/quote]

I checked my order history on ebgames.com and I saw there that I was charged $1.99 for shipping.

This has never happened to me. I make an order like every other day. I don't think it happens often, otherwise everyone who follows the ebgames morning update thread would have complained by now.

Even if you use SAVER, you still have to select "EB Saver shipping" on the shipping page -- it's not the default option.

Yeah, I didn't think about that. It would've said free next to Saver when selecting the shipping if the coupon worked. Did you check that?

bread's done
Back