EBgames.com Reservation Rewards thing

atheist_uberboy

CAGiversary!
Hey at EBgames.com once you complete a transaction you get an offer for a free $10 online give code if you sign up for this dumb marketing service that will charge you a $9 fee if you don't cancel it within the first 30 days. I already did this once, got the voucer code, cancled and never had to pay extra. Well I just bought a three dollar video game and was given the same free $10 code offer again, so I said yes and signed up under a different email address, though all my billing info is the same. I now wonder if I just screwed up since it says only one offer per household or if it wil auto charge me for the service since this is my second time around or if someother nastyness will occur.

So, have any of you done this? What should I look out for?

wrong section, but i'll answer your question anyway. You can sign up twice per month before they blacklist you.

I just got my third one a couple of days ago. I just think it's dumb that they don't put a program or something in place that keeps track of who got the offer and who hasn't.

[quote name='encendido5']I just got my third one a couple of days ago. I just think it's dumb that they don't put a program or something in place that keeps track of who got the offer and who hasn't.[/QUOTE]
That's what worries me about this... because if you abuse it enough, I fear they could legally bill the heck out of me.

When I did this I realised that after I confirmed my reservation rewards thing, that I still had enough time to cancle my ebgames.com order. This put evil thoughts in my head of "buying" something to get the credit, cancleing the order before my credit card is charged, then six days later when they email me the coupon code, just rebuying the same game I was going to order in the first place, then using THAT order to sign up for the second $10 voucher, and if I can do it twice per month... (insert evil cheap ass thoughts here)

HOWEVER, I could not make any coupon codes (like my edge card) work with the ten dollar voucer code when I used it. Though I may have used the regular 15% discount code instead of the CAG15 code... I can't remember.

I'll post back with more info when/if I get another.

I've done reservations rewards at least a dozen times but that was well over a year ago. Haven't been able to sign up again since.

"It says here you have...you have 13 accounts??"

Plus there was all that hoopla about CAGers abusing them. Good thing I stopped before it was abuse.

1) Just a couple questions, can the 10.00 code be used on pre-played games, along w/coupon codes saver, cag15, (10% edge card), etc.?

2) what about on pre-played games alone (no codes)?

3) And, can I sign up for the code once a month, so my account doesn’t draw so much attention and get blacklisted? :bouncy:

[quote name='mentos888']1) Just a couple questions, can the 10.00 code be used on pre-played games, along w/coupon codes saver, cag15, (10% edge card), etc.?

2) what about on pre-played games alone (no codes)?

3) And, can I sign up for the code once a month, so my account doesn’t draw so much attention and get blacklisted? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

1) No
2) Yes
3) I think you can sign up twice a month before getting blacklisted.

i did this NOv 2004 cancelled Dec 2004 then joined again Jan 2005 cancelled FEb 2005 but the person i talked to when i cancelled said something about i was not able to join again under a free account

codes cant be used with anything that is why the codes sort of suck cause the code is really only worth 8 cause you will have to pay for shipping

[quote name='slidecage']codes cant be used with anything that is why the codes sort of suck cause the code is really only worth 8 cause you will have to pay for shipping[/QUOTE]

Ah, so I'm better off just grabbing one of those $7.99 games and getting it free or something.

bread's done
Back