EBGames/Gamestop B&M December Sale 12/11 - 12/13 (12/18 on select offers)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
VALID Sunday 12/11 - Tuesday 12/13 only

>Buy 2 Pre-Played Games or DVDs and Get 1 Free (code: BUY2GET1)
>Receive an Extra 10%
Trade in Credit for every Video Game Trade In. No Exclusions

>Fable Lost Chapters XBOX $14.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/232734.asp
>
Jade Empire LE XBOX $14.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255311.asp

>Metal Gear Solid 3 PS2 $14.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/240459.asp
>FF Crystal Chronicles GC $14.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/234185.asp
>
Metroid Prime Echoes GC $14.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/242780.asp
>World of Warcraft PC $29.99
>
Hulk Ultimate Destruction GC/Ps2/XB $29.99
>Delta Force Black Hawk Down PS2/XB $29.99
>Ultimate Spiderman PS2/XB/GC $34.99
>
Halo 2 XBOX $29.99
>
The Movies PC $39.99
>Quake 4 PC $39.99
>Tony Hawk American Wasteland XB/PS2/GC $39.99
>
Call of Duty 2 Big Red One XB/Ps2/GC $39.99
>Half Life 2 XB $39.99
>
Half Life 2 Game of the Year Edition PC $39.99
>Gun Ps2/XB/GC $39.99

VALID Sunday 12/11 - Sunday 12/18

>Receive a $30 EB Games mail in gift voucher
with a purchase of a New Nintendo DS system and any DS game $29.99 or higher

>Receive a $20 EB Games mail in gift voucher with a purchase of a new GBA SP system and any new GBA game $19.99 or higher

>Save $5 instantly on all Plug and Play Games
>Pre-Played Gamecube System for $59.99

Is thie B2G1 free for gamestops as well? They have a dragon quest used for $44 and I would get that and Resident evil 4 and get Shadow of the Colosuss free.

So does this apply to Gamestops?

^

I believe so.

Anybody know if the B2G1F works on used PSP UMD Movies and around(ballpark) what price they cost in-store at Gamestop? Gamestop's website has most umds at around $9.99 used, but I know their online prices vary sometimes. I'd call, but they're closed by now. Thanks.

[quote name='Staraang21']has anyone seen this? http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=7459&t=165621

this guy is saying that in addition to B2G1 there will be 25% off plus 10% off edge. sounds like total BS but i thought i'd just let people here decide.[/QUOTE]

Why does that sound like total BS? With the merger coming into full swing, they probably want to clear out some stock. Plus, last December they also had a deal with pre-owned games that with the more you buy, the more you save. For example, if bought two games, you would get 20% off with edge, three 30% off, etc.

[quote name='allout1986']Figured that I'd add in that this is stackable with the GS/Edge card too. Most trade in promos at GS never do this.[/QUOTE]

Cool,thanks. I was wondering if they were stackable.

Gonna trade in the rest of my XBOX games for some credit.

[quote name='Rozz']Why does that sound like total BS? With the merger coming into full swing, they probably want to clear out some stock. Plus, last December they also had a deal with pre-owned games that with the more you buy, the more you save. For example, if bought two games, you would get 20% off with edge, three 30% off, etc.[/QUOTE]
I agree it doesn't sound like total BS (particularly when you look at their trade in prices, even with 60%+ off, they're still probably selling them more than they're paying outside of the new releases). Unfortunately, with no one else chiming in about it, I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. Unless it's a secret "ask the employee" only sale, or they're going to spring it on you on their own. It would definitely be in the ad if they were going to do it.

It's too bad though, I've just accumulated a list of dozens of games I would like to pick up, who knows how many I will actually buy.

well, it's unprecedented. just think about it, with B2G1, games are already 33% off, with edge card, 43%, and with another 25%, assuming it's off the original total as it would likely be (like the edge card 10% comes off all three games instead of the two), that's 32% of the original preowned price. fucking insane, and insanely impossible. a $20 game would be under $7. that would in fact clear out their inventory, you're right. hell, i'd buy up crappy games at 68% off.

OK my local EB stated they knew nothing about an extra 10% trade in credit. When he looked he said I needed a web coupon?

Quality of games sucked today on my first couple stops, so I got frustrated and stopped for the day.

Golden Sun
Golden Sun: Lost Ages
Advance Wars
$30

In lieu of the EB/GS games, I picked up Castlevania CotM, Advance Wars 2, and Metal Arms (new, GC) at GR, since my credit there gives me a better discount than B2G1F ;)

Tomorrow I plan on getting Tactics Ogre, Lufia, and Super Mario Advance (all GBA) at another EB.

Holy Crap!! I hit the motherload!!! A brand new Gamestop opened around my house so they got used games shipped in from around the country to stock there inventory. I picked up all these PS1 games from the same store this morning.

Valkyrie Profile
Lunar Silver Star Story (All 3 versions of disc. Even the very very rare Fan Art Edition!)
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
Arc The Lad Collection
Star Ocean The Second Story
Dragon Warrior VII
Alundra
Wild Arms
RPG Maker
Azure Dreams
Carnage Heart
X-Com UFO Defense
Destrega
Blast Lacrosse FACTORY SEALED!!!

I couldn't believe it. They got some good stuff in. They had 5 copies of Dragon Warrior VII. 8 Copies of Lunar 2 and 5 or 6 copies of Lunar Silver. It was unbelievable. It was in a small town pretty much in the middle of nowhere so they will probably be there for awhile.

Also at another gamestop i went to I got Magna Carta Deluxe Box Set, Digital Devil Saga 1 Box Set and Disgaea all used in the same B2G1 transaction.

Good Day!!!!

Sorry. The town where i got those first games was Sikeston Missouri. If anyone lives down by there go to the gamestop. They have alot of PS1 games.

i can't see myself spending $25 on TO, even if it is BC. i do plan on getting Guilty Gear GBA, Metroid Fusion, and castlevania CotM for $18 after 10% and B2G1. has anyone played the GBA Guilty Gear? is it any good?

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i can't see myself spending $25 on TO, even if it is BC. i do plan on getting Guilty Gear GBA, Metroid Fusion, and castlevania CotM for $18 after 10% and B2G1. has anyone played the GBA Guilty Gear? is it any good?[/QUOTE]
Well, I could get it for $18 at GameStop, but there weren't two other games there to pair it with. So I'll probably be using my $20 EB voucher to bust the total down there quite a bit.

[quote name='schuerm26']Holy Crap!! I hit the motherload!!! A brand new Gamestop opened around my house so they got used games shipped in from around the country to stock there inventory. I picked up all these PS1 games from the same store this morning.

Valkyrie Profile
Lunar Silver Star Story (All 3 versions of disc. Even the very very rare Fan Art Edition!)
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
Arc The Lad Collection
Dragon Warrior VII
Alundra
Wild Arms
RPG Maker
Azure Dreams
Carnage Heart
X-Com UFO Defense
Destrega

I couldn't believe it. They got some good stuff in. They had 5 copies of Dragon Warrior VII. 8 Copies of Lunar 2 and 5 or 6 copies of Lunar Silver. It was unbelievable. It was in a small town pretty much in the middle of nowhere so they will probably be there for awhile.

Also at another gamestop i went to I got Magna Carta Deluxe Box Set, Digital Devil Saga 1 Box Set and Disgaea all used in the same B2G1 transaction.

Good Day!!!![/QUOTE]

you're so full of shit. you're just an ebayer trying to inflate his ego with lies.

You don't believe me go check out the gamestop website asshole. Sikeston MO zip code 63801Type in those game titles and you will see they had them all. Then please post your apology asshole.

I guess it is to late now that some have been updated. Go look at Dragon Warrior 7. It still says 4+. Lunar 2 and Silver both say 1-3. YOu don't believe i don't really care but don't say im lying when im not.

Gonna try a different EB tomorrow that has PD0:LE,Condemned and NFS:MW all for X360 used and instock.

gamestop doesn't even sell new PS1 games, that's why you can't ifnd a sealed Rhapsody, Persona 2, or whatever else they reprinted. but anyway, my bad for doubting you. go post all that on the bay, i'm sure you'll reap a fortune.

They do to sell new PS1 games at some gamestops you just have to look. I got a Parasite Eve II brand new still sealed about 2 months ago. Most that have the new sticker have been opened and they will just put the disc in, exact same as last copy PS2 games. Some they have in the back still sealed up. This was the case with PE 2 and Blast Lacrosse. Just got to ask. Sometimes youll get lucky.

Ok just did an item locater for my local Gamestops at Gamestop.com.

Local one has PD:0,CoD2 and Condemned all instock and preowned.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']gamestop doesn't even sell new PS1 games, that's why you can't ifnd a sealed Rhapsody, Persona 2, or whatever else they reprinted. but anyway, my bad for doubting you. go post all that on the bay, i'm sure you'll reap a fortune.[/QUOTE]

My local Gamestop has a bunch of new PS1 games. I picked up DW VII from there minty fresh and sealed a year ago, and I was in there last week and they still have plenty of sealed new ps1 titles.

[quote name='sanjuro']^

I believe so.

Anybody know if the B2G1F works on used PSP UMD Movies and around(ballpark) what price they cost in-store at Gamestop? Gamestop's website has most umds at around $9.99 used, but I know their online prices vary sometimes. I'd call, but they're closed by now. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sanjuro, sad to say this but this doesn't apply to UMD Movies. I tried this during several of the B2G1 sales from recent months and they never let me use them with the deal.

Sweet, i got Mario Kart: DD, Zelda OoT/MQ Bonus disc, and SMB Classic NES GBA for $50. All are complete except SMB which is missing the manual.

Edit: SMB does have the manual!! The employee told me it didn't but I just looked inside and there it is. :)

[quote name='cdeener']Sanjuro, sad to say this but this doesn't apply to UMD Movies. I tried this during several of the B2G1 sales from recent months and they never let me use them with the deal.[/QUOTE]

My local gamestop said it did work with the b1g1 but they didnt have any used umds i wanted. So its probably a YMMV on that one.

[quote name='cdeener']Sanjuro, sad to say this but this doesn't apply to UMD Movies. I tried this during several of the B2G1 sales from recent months and they never let me use them with the deal.[/QUOTE]that sucks, but thanks for investigating that. I was actually surprised that my gamestop had pretty decent prices on some UMDs yesterday. They had Tron stickered at $14.99 new and it usually retails in the ~$20 range.

decent haul yesterday. spent about $100 and got Fable the lost chapters(new), ninja gaiden black, ATHF volume 1 and 3, kameo, HL2 xbox, mk shaolin monks.

Was hoping for Nintendogs or Half Life 2 (xbox) but they didnt have it. Got:

MLB 2006 - $29.99
Fatal Frame 3 - $44.99
The Warriors - $44.99

Also renewed my Gamestop card.

Got:

Perfect Dark Zero:LE
Condemned
Call of Duty 2

All for 360 and all 3 for $97!

Now I just nee a 360.....

lol ^^

anyway, my Doom III CE arrived from last week's B2G1 sale, and it was bent like a (. seriously. wtf. and is it supposed to have a bonus disc? if it is, it didn't have one, nor did it have the outer plastic sleeve. that one's going back.

Went to my local ebgames, got SMT: DDS and DDS2, and Atelier Iris all for $80 before tax. Gotta love 2for1 + Edge Card!!

[quote name='schuerm26']Holy Crap!! I hit the motherload!!! A brand new Gamestop opened around my house so they got used games shipped in from around the country to stock there inventory. I picked up all these PS1 games from the same store this morning.

Valkyrie Profile
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
Arc The Lad Collection
Dragon Warrior VII
Alundra
Wild Arms
RPG Maker
Azure Dreams
Carnage Heart
X-Com UFO Defense
Destrega

Good Day!!!![/QUOTE]

post some pics

[quote name='schuerm26']How do i do it? Where do i post the pics at?[/QUOTE]

lol...i don't know i was just fucking with you

hey is this deal online? i tried to enter the code with all the games in my cart. it said i didn't qualify. might be firefox not playing nice with eb's site. anybody know?

[quote name='trunks982']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/promos/FSI/December05/page_1.asp?site=DECEMBERFSI

if u click on the DS deal pic, the window pops up. so i guess if u buy it from gamestop u get the giftcard right away instead of buying from eb and sending that mail in rebate hassle.

[/QUOTE]

I went to Gamestop and bought a DS + Mario & Luigi 2 and showed them the coupon, they said I have to mail it in and they didn't give me a card. I think you misunderstood what the web site says because of how it was written.

Went to Gamestop yesterday, the only used DS game they had was Yu-Gi-Oh. @ . @

I'm going to check a couple more stores today. I'm hoping to find a used Metroid Pinball, Mario and Luigi 2: PiT, and maybe Phoenix Wright or Animal Crossing: WW.

ebgames.com has it instock right now, add a 99 cent game, apply saver, cag15, and edge and you have it for under $16 plus tax shipped.

If anyones looking for it, they have SSX:On Tour for PS2 for $24.99 b/c That game dropped damn quick!

I went a little crazy this sale. Ive already spent around $200 on games since saturday.

Score!! I managed to find 3 games I actually wanted in 1 store and the best part, they're great games. Scored Einhander, Suikoden II and Disgaea.

Finished up this sale by getting Fire Emblem, Super Mario Advance, and Shining Force (GBA, all $24.99) for $48 after tax. Around $15 per game, none too shabby.

alright had to partake in the sale, if only a little. got Saiyuki, Gradius V, and SF Collection 2 for $38, all mint complete. i know one of the SF Collection's is rare, is it the one i picked up? *crossesfingers*

[quote name='pimp tyranny']alright had to partake in the sale, if only a little. got Saiyuki, Gradius V, and SF Collection 2 for $38, all mint complete. i know one of the SF Collection's is rare, is it the one i picked up? *crossesfingers*[/QUOTE]

yup. nice find.

bread's done
Back