EbGames/Gamestop warranty

T

tekkenlaw

I got my DS lite june 11th or whatever date it came out on at ebgames. That ebgames store closed down but there is a gamestop a block away. I want to get a new DS lite before my warranty runs out, do you think a cracked hinge (Which happened the first few weeks I had it) is enough reason for me to get a new one from gamestop? And would they let me get a different color since the other colors weren't even out when I got my DS lite?

The cracked hinge should be reason enough but I don't know if they'd let you get a different color.

You can try though, I don't see why they'd care but it obviously depends on your certain GS.

All war. are covered at any location. That may or may not be covered depending on if they consider it wear and tear (normal use) or abuse. You should check w/ nintedo if they do not because the first batch had issues w/ the hinge and they replaced them free of charge.

Nintendo will still replace a launch DS that has cracked hinges as the warranty is a year and its not quite been a year yet, but I recommend you get that taken care of fast because June 11th isnt that far away. From what I hear pretty much every white DS from the launch batch has developed a cracked hinge somewhere along the line.

So do you think I should get a new one from Nintendo or a new one from gamestop? Do I need to pay and shipping or anything to get a new one from Nintendo?

No, it is absolutely free (at least if you send it to Nintendo of America or Canada, I don't know about elsewhere). At this GameStop I go to, they told me if there was any problems send it back to Nintendo.

Will Nintendo let me change color? And is this warranty done or will I get a new one on the replacement?

Neither of those are really important I just want to know.

[quote name='mickeyp']I got my ds is August with no hinge problems so far. Do you think they fixed it by that time?[/quote] I know for certain that Nintendo started manufacturing the units w/ reinforced hinges when they brought in the extra colors (pink & black, released early Sept.), and probably started with the white DS Lite's earlier than that (since the problem came out in July, I believe). You should be fine, but at least you have a few more months on your warranty in case.

Just bought a black GBA Micro the other day from EB. Would they let me exchange for a silver? It's open though (boh) . (and I just realized I could buy a silver faceplate at the Nintendo store --the black/silver confused me)

Receipt says 7 days to exchange open systems for identical -- guess I'm just asking if they wouldn't allow the color switch. :)

edit: They allowed it. Phew.

OP, did you buy a Gamestop Warranty? If you did, you can exchange it for any reason, for any color. Those apply at any Gamestop/EB.

If you didn't buy the GS warranty, you have to deal with Nintendo.

I got my DSlite at launch too and just replaced it with a new one this past week at EB. However, I was turned down twice at two different stores for a color change.

Unless you really can't go a week or two without a DS, the EB warranty is worthless. The EB warranty was good for me though since I had flashed my DS and wanted a fresh one.

bread's done
Back