Ebgames return policy on Used Games..

Yonex204

CAGiversary!
I recently bought Castlevania DS Used copy and i sorta regret buying a used copy for 5$ less. So im wondering if i can return the used copy and give them $5 more for a new copy?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']As long as its within 7 days and you have the receipt, yeah you could do that.[/QUOTE]

I always thought EB used the white sticker method still, i.e they plasted a white sticker over the opening, if you break it you can't return it.

At least the ones around here still do that.

[quote name='Roufuss']I always thought EB used the white sticker method still, i.e they plasted a white sticker over the opening, if you break it you can't return it.

At least the ones around here still do that.[/quote]

They did put a sticker over the opening...but unfortuantly i opened it :(. So would that mean i cannot return it anymore?

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I'm 99% sure they changed it to 7 days with recipt. Well at least that's what they said here.[/quote]
Would it still be okay if i broke the sticker they put on the opening of the case?

Just to confirm what everyone else has already said, when I bought Feel the Magic a month or so ago Used at EB the guy that rang it up let me know I could return it within 7 days for any reason, if I finished it, didn't like it/got bored with it, whatever.

Yup, during the buy-2-get-1-free sale a month or so ago I picked up several PSP games and ended up returning a couple of them a few days later just because I didn't like them, and they didn't have a problem with me swapping them for something else.

To those to returned used games...did they put a seal over the opening? They placed a seal on my Case and which i opened but even if i did, i can still return the used copy game?

[quote name='Yonex204']To those to returned used games...did they put a seal over the opening? They placed a seal on my Case and which i opened but even if i did, i can still return the used copy game?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to. Gamestop's rules now apply. Their rules have always been 7 days, if you don't like the game or beat it or get bored with it or decide you didn't like the price, etc you can return it for a refund within 7 days.

[quote name='Yonex204']I recently bought Castlevania DS Used copy and i sorta regret buying a used copy for 5$ less. So im wondering if i can return the used copy and give them $5 more for a new copy?[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda curious exactly why you want to pay $5 more for a new copy? Did it not come with the original case and manual? Cuz its not like DS games have scratches or fingerprints on them.

[quote name='Zon27']You should be able to. Gamestop's rules now apply. Their rules have always been 7 days, if you don't like the game or beat it or get bored with it or decide you didn't like the price, etc you can return it for a refund within 7 days.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this seems to be YMMV, at least for me. Gamestop's rules may apply, but my local EB's say they don't, so you break the seal and you're stuck with it.

Chances are, if the OP's EB's are still putting seals on the used games, they are still going by the old return policy.

One of my local EB's also has problems taking back returns. They sometimes will mention the 7 day return policy when you buy used, but when you actually do try to return something they get all pissy and start making excuses why you cannot return it to them(I think hoping I'll return it to a different EB or something).

As much as I used to hate Gamestop I prefer them over EB "post-merger"..... All the EB's near me have new managers and employees that are jerks and totally inept.

bread's done
Back