EBgames selling used games as new: UPDATED 5/12/04

When I ordered Primal and it was resealed. It did have that sticker on the top but it was obvious that EB put it back there after it was opened because the sticker was slightly slanted diagonally.

I signed!! We shall all stand up to the man.... we shall all pay 50 bucks to rip open new shrink wrap. We shall buy a game that doesn't reek of cigarettes or have crumbs of fried chicken in the box... I.. have a dream. A dream, where we aren't ripped off. A dream where EB games will use blank game cases with printouts instead of actual boxes. And hey.. if they adopted a Hooter's strategy and only hired hot chicks to work their stores to be scantily clad at all times, maybe I would hang out there more often

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='CaseyRyback']It was a 3 dollar game. Yes you should be mad, but its not like they will not fix the problem[/quote]

They do not fix the problems! I called them about the junk dreamcast controller they shipped with the Dreamcast and they said I would have to ship everything back at my cost! Why would I pay $5 to ship it all back I might as well just go buy a controller from somewhere else. It was their fault so they should have paid return shipping charges.[/quote]

they paid my return shipping on a defective game.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Indiana'][quote name='CaseyRyback']It was a 3 dollar game. Yes you should be mad, but its not like they will not fix the problem[/quote]

They do not fix the problems! I called them about the junk dreamcast controller they shipped with the Dreamcast and they said I would have to ship everything back at my cost! Why would I pay $5 to ship it all back I might as well just go buy a controller from somewhere else. It was their fault so they should have paid return shipping charges.[/quote]

they paid my return shipping on a defective game.[/quote]

they did the same for me. i had to pay for the shipping, but they reimbursed me later. their customer service are really polite and very helpful. just give them a call and everything should be explained and taken care of :)

Signed, let us know how it goes. I'm sure if you complain long enough they will send you a new one. Anyway, this is unacceptable but then again maybe it was a mistake.

For those of you who... well.. who know the petition won't do shit, I give you:

http://www.livemarch.com/marchHome.jsp?marchID=31

The LiveMarch is essentially a gathering of people who will write their testimonies in an email and then at 12:05 on June 1, 2004 we will all send them to EBgames.com email address, [email protected].

I hope this will curb their behavior to something a little more professional than ripping us off and committing fraud just to make a few extra bucks.

If you can, please contribute by writing a testimony of your own experience or simply a statement of disapproval.

Signed.

Even though this has never happened to me, it's still messed up. Although I received a brand new copy of the Bad Company DVD, even though I ordered it new.

[quote name='eldad9']It's completely meaningless anyway, especially with the kind of language used.[/quote]

Exactly...the language used in the petitions won't accomplish jack. I'd suggest rewriting it before it's sent out, or possibly creating another one with more formal langauge used instead of what's there.

I disagree about the language used. Without bad language who would listen to you? It might actually help the petition.

bread's done
Back