EBGames trade 2 games get 1 used game FREE valid up to $64.99

zDynamic

CAG Veteran
Got an email from gamestop about this promo

Its on gamestop.ca weekly ads

Valid on titles priced $64.99 and lower. Applies to titles with a minimum $8 trade value only. Valid trade titles include PS3, PSP, Wii, DS, 3DS and XB360 games. While supplies last. Offer may be discontinued at any time. May not be combined with any other offer. No dealers please. Promotion valid from May 1-28, 2011. See sales associate for complete details. Valid only in Canada.

I'm guessing it's a carry-over from when they used to sell new games at $70 where they'd sell used just-released games for $65. And I'm not too sure how giving them two games equates to "free" but hey, sales! :p It seems like a decent enough deal - the minimum value for eligible trade-in games is $8.

its quite possible. if the normal 5$ below new is used them games like fable 3 could hit 64.99. Games like mortal kombat would not since the online pass takes it down 15$ instead of 5. I did not see any games that high priced lately though. I think most people are using it to pick up Black Ops which is 54.99 or something else that is of high value. Its a good deal if you are looking for one of them newer games used.

This is a pretty sweet deal actually since they take DS games (Futureshop doesn't for their trade 2 deals.) I'll swing by tomorrow and pick up something recent like MvC3.

Yeah, this has been running for a while now. Traded in kirby and Guitar Heroes: Warriros of Rock for MvsC3 PS3 (in hindsight, probably a dumb decision :p ), which was 47.99 fyi.

Dunno what else to get with my the other two I wanna get rid of tho.

Trading in two games for black ops, then you can take black ops and power trade it for new titles. Not a bad way to grab L.A Noire.

YUP!!! did the exact same thing! traded in DA:O ($10tiv) and 3D Dot ($10tiv) for COD:Blops (tiv=$40). took Blops and traded it in at FS for an MK Touranment edition! they still have 1 left at the FS on st.catherine in montreal if anyone is interested! they also have a couple of special editions @ 89.99$!

[quote name='dossantosc']YUP!!! did the exact same thing! traded in DA:O ($10tiv) and 3D Dot ($10tiv) for COD:Blops (tiv=$40). took Blops and traded it in at FS for an MK Touranment edition! they still have 1 left at the FS on st.catherine in montreal if anyone is interested! they also have a couple of special editions @ 89.99$![/QUOTE]

Apologies if this is a dumb question (I haven't been checking any trade-in deals for a while now), but is there some sort of deal going on for the MK Tournament edition at Futureshop? The website still lists it as $129.99, and according to tivs.ca Black Ops is only worth $40 at FS. I'm just curious since I'd love to get the MK TE cheap on the cheap if I could, depending on if you managed to take advantage of a good deal and whatnot.

@ BAMM!!

Yeah sorry Bro...should have reworded the post...i basically just took it to FS and they gave me $40 tIV wich i used towards the 129.99 price tag of MK TE....

i could have done the PowerTrade towards L.A. Noire and gotten it for free but i much prefered having a sweet sweet copy of MK with a fight stick!

sorry if my original post was kinda confusing! :puke:

[quote name='dossantosc']@ BAMM!!

Yeah sorry Bro...should have reworded the post...i basically just took it to FS and they gave me $40 tIV wich i used towards the 129.99 price tag of MK TE....

i could have done the PowerTrade towards L.A. Noire and gotten it for free but i much prefered having a sweet sweet copy of MK with a fight stick!

sorry if my original post was kinda confusing! :puke:[/QUOTE]

That's alright. I kinda figured you probably did pay/trade in more than just Black Ops, but it never hurts to ask sometimes. If it helps, I didn't exactly get my hopes up for a killer deal on the MK TE already ;)

[quote name='Faytz']Trading in two games for black ops, then you can take black ops and power trade it for new titles. Not a bad way to grab L.A Noire.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I just did. :lol:
Traded God of War Collection and Sonic's Genesis Collection. I don't even feel bad about it; exploited the value of a terrible company's game AND exploited another terrible company's trade-in system. Today was a good day.

[quote name='MrAdam5']That's exactly what I just did. :lol:
Traded God of War Collection and Sonic's Genesis Collection. I don't even feel bad about it; exploited the value of a terrible company's game AND exploited another terrible company's trade-in system. Today was a good day.[/QUOTE]

I did it with x-men uncaged and anoher game i got from a pawn store, nice way to turn a 15 dollars for two games turn into a game I suddenly want to try.

The EB guys are getting better at making sure that you don't actually get deals out of these promos. Checked TIVS and saw that Wolverine and Blur were qualifiers, went in the next day and the guy told me they were both 50 cents short. Managed to trade AC: Brotherhood and DA: Origins Awakening for MvC 3. I actually wanted MK but I was afraid those wouldn't be qualifiers either in a few more days.

Traded in for 360:

Sonic Unleashed
Risen
Dragon Age: Origins
Need For Speed Most Wanted

Got:

WWE All-Stars
Call of Duty: Black Ops

[quote name='rmatheso']Traded in for 360:

Sonic Unleashed
Risen
Dragon Age: Origins
Need For Speed Most Wanted

Got:

WWE All-Stars
Call of Duty: Black Ops[/QUOTE]

Erm, I trade Sonic unleashed 360 on Friday, was 10$
My GF called to get a quote on Saturday, and it was down to 7.50$

How much did you get on Sunday...?

[quote name='rmatheso']Can't remember exactly, but it was over 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

So I think the CSR confused and quoted the PS3 version at 7.50$
Bummer, my coupon is wasted. oh well now I know.

[quote name='Faytz']Trading in two games for black ops, then you can take black ops and power trade it for new titles. Not a bad way to grab L.A Noire.[/QUOTE]

Did exactly this earlier today. I was all ready to try and explain what I wanted to do, but the guy got it right away and said he's been doing it all month.

bread's done
Back