ECA: Hal Halpin's Latest Statement: Changes are Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltab

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
The new discussion thread is located HERE.

Latest update:

I recommend everyone read Hal's latest statement, it's his best statement to date and I believe shows the ECA finally has gotten our message. In it he offers better explanations for what happened with the auto-renew function, promises to notify members of changes to terms of service, and even apologizes.
http://www.gameculture.com/2009/12/...lpin-eca-head-discusses-membership-complaints

Disclosure: GameCulture(the source of this statement) is published by the Entertainment Consumers Association.

Can you give us a synopsis of what happened over the past week?
Sure. Back in September we had an intersection of a few things happen within a brief period of time: I wrote a guest editorial in one of the leading games magazines, at the end of which I provided readers with a coupon code for a free trial membership.
Stopping there for a minute, in hindsight, what was the result of that action?
Well, I have to say that I didn't think the decision through thoroughly-enough. My logic was that readers who took the time to read the piece, which focused on some of the more important and topical issues facing game consumers, were people we wanted as members. In the few seconds that it took to type, I didn't consider that one of those readers would run over to their computer and post the code, sans editorial - and in retrospect, it appears obvious.
Next, there was an issue with discount codes from a partner?
Well, sorta.’ We were being supplied with batches of codes from that partner for some time - about six months. And the organization had been growing steadily for the past few years, so one of the challenges we both had was anticipating the redemption rate, batch to batch...which meant accurately predicting new membership growth. That's an unknown quantity for any new business, but more so for a new non-profit that's cutting a new path. But the more time went on the better we got at understanding the influencers, like trade and consumer shows, advertising, co-marketing efforts, promotions, etc.
That's where detractors repeatedly point to the new free trial members being problematic?
It's correct that our critics keep saying that, but it's a false statement. Yes, there was a bump in new membership acquisition during that period, but it was modest... comparatively speaking... and we knew it was coming, so we requested a larger than normal-sized batch. That request was met with more than we asked for and an emergency back-up batch being supplied.
And how did those assumptions and projections play-out?
Pretty much as-expected. Our partners - this one included - were thrilled with our growth. After all, more members equals more potential customers. And with there being only a few in each category of business, that's a great strategic advantage for the merchant. Competitors, who we hadn't yet contracted, were very likely losing customers. And the partners were essentially getting new loyal customers from a very different demographic than they have traditionally. The discount of 10% could easily be rationalized as customer acquisition expense, though I have no insight into any of our sponsor's thinking or rationale. It could have just as easily been that they wanted to support the org and believe in what we're building and doing.
So the influx of new comped members wasn't an issue?
Not at all. We were all pleased. And it seemed as though - even though many of the new members weren't folks who read the article - they quickly got what the ECA is and that there's a lot more to it than all of the perks and discounts.
And next...
Next, we depleted the codes pretty quickly...a bit faster than expected, but not by much. Plus we had the back-up batch, which we implemented fairly quickly. After six months of experience, users were familiar with the process and knew the timeframe required for the merchant to create new unique one-time use codes, get them over to us, and for our IT folks to upload them into the back-end. The problem came when users found that each batch of codes were programmed slightly differently and if you exploited that difference you could essentially "game" the system - tricking it into "stacking" with codes from a different batch.
What did that "stacking" entail?
We notified the partner that there was an issue with their programming and that there was an exploit that some -albeit very few - people were taking advantage of. Those users were reporting that they could stack the coupons. Instead of getting 10% off, they could get 20%.
Wow. Once that got out it must have been pandemonium?
Not really. The partner requested a code attrition and usage report, which we provided, and they began doing their own analysis. Despite what you'll hear from the trade, retail margins don't leave a lot of room for promotions for 20% off, traditionally. But the number of people exploiting the system was fairly small as a percentage. The problem was exacerbated by a land rush for codes by opportunistic members. The way the system was designed permitted any one member to download one coupon at a time, use it once and have to log back in to retrieve another. Though they had just begun working on a long-awaited multi-use code... one which could be assigned one per member and used multiple times. There was also some discussion about tying their membership account to their merchant one, for the same purpose.
That sounds like a logical solution. But that never developed?
No. During that same time, we began throttling the code distribution process...so that users could only download one per day, temporarily, solving the problem. Users quickly realized that if they quit the association, many calling our Accounting department directly, they could quit and re-join, using the free trial offer, and download an infinite number of codes. A related issue with that was that our emergency supply was then depleted much faster than we anticipated. Some of those users... again, very few, began uploading them to re-sell on eBay. That practice was a breach of their membership agreement, but the financial rewards of joining for free, downloading coupons for free and then selling them, was very appealing to them. Our Legal department worked with eBay to get those auctions removed, but the herculean work which resulted in very fast removals, was done by many of our new members - who appreciated the fact that if this wasn't stopped, it would likely result in an end to the promotion. They were really great.
How did you address closing the loophole?
Well, this is yet another one of the confluence of factors that occurred: we were doing a system-wide upgrade to the back-end software that runs the sites. Each time we build or customize modules it's a learning process. Again, there aren't any other non-profit entertainment consumer organizations to model after, so it's very often a matter of building what we think we'll need, having it be scalable, and then watching how well it addresses our needs. In doing the upgrade, the development company left a non-functioning button "live" that shouldn't have been. I believe it was for about three weeks that a feature that looked to disable auto-renewing of one's account could be selected - giving them the false impression that our software - and our architecture - was able to accommodate that request. So just to reiterate, it never worked.
I can see how that would present a problem.
Indeed. Since our staffers are all members, we wouldn't see the option to know that it was there. We, of course, had the developers remove the button as soon as we were made aware. Since it would be a year before those folks would have to renew - and the vast majority of them were the new free trial folks - we knew we had some time to sort through it, rectify the problem and explain the situation to those effected users - with our apologies and a token of our thanks for their understanding. But the code problems persisted while the partner sorted through things and worked on the new solution. Stacking three codes from three batches yielded a 30% discount and those using the exploit were getting more and more aggressive in the size of their orders - no longer buying a game or two. Joining, getting a code, calling and quitting, re-joining and getting another code and placing ever-larger orders was the breaking point. Plus, those contacting us weren't particularly pleasant to deal with when confronted about the practice.
So you've got a real problem brewing now and not a lot of options for solving it?
Exactly. We changed the method for quitting the association temporarily to mailing in the notice. The rationale was that the only people we'd ever... to the best of my knowledge... had leave the org before, were people who forgot to renew or update their credit cards and there were very few of those. By requesting that members mail in a termination notice, the only people affected were those taking advantage of the system and they were none-too-pleased with the move. If you thought they were difficult to deal with before, they were now incensed. Communications devolved into very very rude and abusive voicemail and email messages. Our staff wasn't prepared for that or for the vulgarity. I didn't want anyone having to deal with that, nor should they have to.
Did the codes come back?
No. As the partner was working on their single code solution, it all was coming to a head. We ran out of the balance of the emergency batch and were awaiting the newly enhanced codes - a process that had taken from one to two weeks before. We removed the ads which promoted that discount and dealt with the feedback from members who were getting increasingly impatient for the next batch. A few people even sent nasty emails to the merchant in an effort to make them aware of their displeasure with having to wait. Some other members started getting angry that an advertised promotion wasn't online, so they accused us of bait-and-switch and became more threatening. We updated the sponsor's listing on the partnership page to indicate that they were still supportive of the org and our efforts, but that the promotion was suspended, as we didn't know if or when another would be offered. But changing the language just made those who were upset even more angry, demanding that we somehow force the partner to provide another offer. But shortly after, we heard what we were dreading: that the exploits and comments were just getting to be too much. Had there been just a little more time or patience, the new multi-use codes would have come in and all would have been well.
Wow! OK. I didn't realize that tensions were so high?
No one did. We're talking about a very small group of people to be fair, but they were free trial members who wanted initially to get a refund and then later demanded that their membership not auto-renew until and unless more discounts came available. We responded back letting them know that more, in fact, had come online and several more were almost contracted and done, but that the button they thought they used wasn't functional. They demanded that we bring it back online and weren't happy to learn that it just wasn't that simple. When they heard that we wanted a mailed letter for termination, they went viral and began a coordinated campaign to attack the association.
But if the group was so small, how effective could they be?
Again, playing Monday morning quarterback, I can say that I had no idea. They continued escalating the situation and incensing other members, rallying them to their cause. We heard the feedback on wanting to have the option of not auto-renewing online, which made a lot of sense, but wasn't an option with the current design. They began reaching out to several media outlets, telling them that we were running a scam and taking their money without giving them the option to leave or not auto-renew. We were blindsided.
...which was when you released the reaction statement?
Right. I tried to explain the situation and address the concerns of members who were becoming aware of issues by reading the stories. They had no idea what was going on and out of context, panicked, and rightly-so. Out of context we sound like horrible greedy people and they sound like victims who've been taken advantage of. The release was intended to answer questions, allay concerns and explain what the actions of this group have done. Unfortunately, it wasn't received by everyone that way. I never meant to offend and I certainly apologize.
Were there a lot of people upset by the release?
No, not that we're aware of. I think the vast majority of members weren't even aware that there was a problem and those who were and read the statement largely took it the way it was intended. I think the folks that I upset probably read the statement via one of the blogs on-going coverage - which usually included negative commentary from the writer. Those folks, having read it that way and reading the ensuing comments below those articles, were really concerned - wondering what happened to the association and what was going on. In the mean time, a few people continued to escalate their attacks, from personal assaults on staff members in the form of slander and libel, to inciting others to contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB), then the Attorney General's (AG) office and then finally our partners, merchants and credit card providers. They demanded that we reinstitute the non-functioning button and permit them to cancel by phone and email - while, all the time, communicating that message in as hateful and vile a correspondence as you can imagine.
What was the reaction from all of the people they were trying to convince not work with ECA anymore?
Really great. Most reacted by saying that they understood the situation and they have similar problems from time to time. The BBB folks also were very understanding and we're continuing to work with them, providing them with whatever documentation and information they request. We had one partner temporarily suspend their current offer for members, wanting to wait to see how the situation was resolved. And we had another who was approached directly by the inciters, who who chose to side with them - but to be fair, he very likely knew nothing of the situation at the time. Everyone else reaffirmed their commitment to the association and, in a few examples, even provided us with valuable feedback.
Do you have any sense of who these folks are?
Absolutely. We know precisely who they are - we have all of their information, of course. Seriously?! Now again, I should be clear that when I refer to the core group, I'm referring to the same people we've been discussing all along; not everyone who is concerned, upset or anxious. I think that those folks were likely relieved to see a new FAQ that we posted in the forums, earlier this past weekend, which explains that we're working on an auto-renew process, that it'll be substantially-similar to other major online gaming services or membership orgs in its design, and that we don't alter their credit card information...
Was that a concern as well?
Only recently. I believe that came to the surface from one of the newer folks who was generally concerned after reading all of the different forums posts. They looked through our membership agreement and came across a section where we state that we could alter expiration dates to process their renewals. It was part of the boiler plate. And again, makes sense in context: I want to renew, but my card just expired. Having that clause would enable us to make the transaction go through, so it never occurred to anyone that it was a bad thing. We never used it and couldn’t imagine other circumstances under which we would. But it was spun or interpreted to mean that we're going to renew you whether you like it or not! I can appreciate that concern, especially framed with all of the other stuff; so, after discussing it, we removed that section entirely.. Legalese, while complex out of necessity sometimes, can also be made clear. I believe that's been our position with EULA standardizations, generally, as well.
There was also some question about how best to communicate to the membership?
Yes, some members asked if we could communicate any significant changes to the membership agreement – such as our removal/rewording of that sub-section we just discussed. As a result of that suggestion, we said that that’s fair and the best way to do so would be via our member’s only monthly newsletter, going forward.
Are you concerned with how this has been playing out?
Of course, very. It’s been grueling on our staff and especially on our forums moderators, who have been on the front lines. On the other hand, getting feedback from members – when it’s communicated civilly – can be really productive. A lot of the things we’ve discussed reflect that open channel of communications where they provide suggestions and comments and we can assess the need and determine how best to address it. But it’s when those lines of communication fall apart, and the discussions happen on other forums, that it’s less productive.
So why take the ECA forums off-line?
Fair enough. That was my decision. Having read all of the discussion and debate all of the issues, it seemed to me that it had all been asked and answered. All of the opinions had been stated and as many of the updates that were available were posted. We hadn’t done a major update to the system – with security patches, with new features and new registration criteria – in some time, so it seemed like a good place to give everyone a break. Like with the other things we’ve said we’re working on, so too will the forums be addressed.
Other major online gaming services have had similar problems with user complaints, why is it so much more emotional with this situation?
With online gaming services, they’re delivering much more of a product than a service in my estimation. So when they went through backlash from users who were upset with their termination policies, there was that difference. Then there’s the fact that many – although not most – of our concerned members were the free trial folks, who didn’t have to pay to join. As compared with the members who did, there may be a mind frame difference. Gaming services cost money; there’s a value proposition, users weigh the pros and cons and commit to join or not. With ECA, we go through that same process, albeit at a much lower price threshold, and the reasons for joining are less about value for the dollar – again, referring to the paid users – and more about what the org does holistically. My guess is that the paid folks are more likely to be involved actively in our advocacy efforts, reading our newsletters and publications and generally aware of the non-benefits areas in which we’re involved. Similarly, the free trial members are probably more likely to be aware of the latest partners and offers that we’ve added as member benefits. That said, our members have an emotional connection with ECA that they probably don’t have – at least in the same way – with an online gaming service.
So where are you now and what’s the plan for moving forward?
As was addressed in the FAQ, we’re working on adding a new module for online account termination as one of the lead priorities. Since they’ve been down this road and had the back and forth with their customers, we can be fairly sure that the systems that are being used now are ones that our folks will be comfortable with. Getting an option to remove auto-renewals will also be addressed in this same build-out, as will be the notification date.
And where does the ECA stand with those members who still want to cancel?
Well, I’d hope that they’d understand that we’re working to address the issues that we’ve discussed at length here, but that these things do take time. I know that asking patience at an emotionally-charged time isn’t the easiest, but I think they’ll feel assured that we haven’t mislead them as they begin to see each of these things come to fruition. If they still decide to part ways, I can’t say that I understand, but I can say that I respect their decision. Look, all of this is new – to them and to us. We need to just do the best that we can and work toward solutions that we’re all comfortable with. That’s really the best that we can do and I hope that they’re willing to be a part of that.
Is there anything else you’d like to add regarding the issue?
Yeah, again, just to restate my sincere apology for anyone who was offended by our statement last week, who felt unintentionally lumped-in with the group that I was referencing. That was never my intention, and feel badly for not being more clear. It really is in all our best interests to work together, learn from the issue and continue to focus on the important work that still needs to be done.

In my opinion, if the ECA follows through with what he's saying they will have done a lot to fix this. Also, a lot of his explanation and tone is much friendlier and clearer. They seemed to be listening to ours and others concerns and making right. For that, I applaud them.

12/9: The ECA has removed the section of the TOS referring to their ability to change your CC's expiration date, again a positive change that they should be commended for.

--------------
12/7 update:

Latest word from the ECA's Gypsyfly:
"Right now ECA is working on implementing an online option for members which will require creating a new business, accounting, and site module as the site never had this option. They will also notify members of policies changes via their members newsletters even though they are not required to, some items in the TOS will also be updated moving forward to better reflect the needs of members."

I'd recommend waiting a bit before spending the time and money on a certified letter, we'll hopefully be able to cancel a more convenient way soon.

12/4 update: the eca has a new faq that includes info about canceling. They still require written notice. While they say it doesn't need to be traceable, I'd still recommend it given part 12 of their terms. They also now say they are working on another way to cancel and an option to disable auto renew.
http://forums.theeca.com/showthread.php?t=7158
What is the annual membership fee?
The annual dues for membership in the ECA are $19.99 per year for normal membership, and $14.99 for student and military members (with a valid dot edu or dot mil domain extension). To join the association, click here.

What benefits are there associated with ECA membership?
The organization is dedicated to providing a wealth of community and affinity benefits to our members.* With membership, you can connect with like-minded gamers, explore career and educational opportunities in the business, start or join one of our network of chapters across the US and Canada, and much more.*Take a few minutes to check out our website to explore the advocacy issues that we work on, the empowerment tools that we provide, the accomplishments we’ve made and the other benefits of membership. We also have a more general FAQ, which may be helpful, available here.

What do I get in terms of actual dollar value for my $19.99 dues?
The member benefits section of the website provides a detailed explanation, but our goal is to provide members with access to a whole host of goods and services, such as low cost insurance, to advocacy campaigns, to discounts with retail partners. As a member of the ECA, you should be spending considerably less each year on goods and services because you’ll have access to them through us at a much cheaper/more compelling rate(s). The list is fairly long and is constantly being updated with new offers, but members can access the full roster of offers on the site.

Since the ECA is a non-profit, are my dues payments tax-deductable?
No. The association is a 501(c)(4) non-profit membership organization. You may be thinking of 501(c)(3) charitable organizations. For more information about the differences between different classifications of non-profits, try here.

Once I join will my membership auto-renew?
Yes. At the time of your registration, you are asked to provide a major credit card so that on your anniversary date you can be automatically renewed for the following year as standard practice – not dissimilar to parallel membership organizations or major online gaming services. Nearing your anniversary date we remind you that your term is coming to an end so that you can take action to update your credit card information or cancel your membership.

Can I choose to have my membership NOT auto-renew online?
The system is presently not set up for this, but due to membership feedback we have been actively working on solutions that should make it so. We’re modeling some of the other leading online games services and membership associations, so the process should be familiar and use best practices.

Wasn’t there a button that I could check to deselect auto-renewing?
For a brief period of time, some users may have seen a non-functioning button that referred to cancelling auto-renewal. This was due to developer error during a system upgrade to the back-end. It was removed as soon as we were made aware to avoid confusion and because it never had that functionality. However, the new enhancements we’re working on will address this option.

What happens if my credit card expires?
The ECA requires all members in good standing to have updated credit cards on file. This is for several reasons, not the least of which is that the system was designed to reduce overhead and back-end expenses. The credit card disclaimer – which can be found right above the section where new members are prompted for their details – explains that the card will not be charged again until your anniversary date (not unlike other non-profit membership organizations, online gaming services, or health club memberships for that matter). If new members are unwilling or unable to fully complete their registration information, we do not process their application. If your credit card expires or is lost/stolen, your profile must be updated so that you have a valid credit card capable of paying your dues on file with the association. The ECA does not automatically update expired credit cards.

Can I cancel my membership at any time?
You may terminate your active membership in the association at any time. However, refund requests will not be processed. Like with any other membership org, many of the benefits are accessible immediately upon joining. If this policy were not in place, people could join the association, take advantage of the benefits and seek a refund immediately afterward. It is disclosed in your Membership Terms & Conditions, which you can find here.

How do I cancel my membership?
While we build out the new accounting module, discussed above, we cannot accept emailed or voicemail cancellation requests at this time. We understand that it may be frustrating, but we ask for your patience while we work to enhance the system. In the interim, if you wish to cancel your ECA membership, simply send us a letter to the address listed below. (A certified letter is not required.) Please include your full membership details (full contact info and in as much detail as possible). Your membership will be terminated once processed and you will receive correspondence back, confirming your cancellation.

Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA)
Attn: Accounting Department
64 Danbury Rd, Suite 700
Wilton, CT *06897

What if I prefer not to send a letter to cancel my membership?
Until the new system is implemented, we can only accept mailed cancellation requests. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time and will share the details of the update shortly.

Where can I find the ECA’s Privacy Policy, Terms of Membership and Membership Agreement?
As a consumer advocacy organization, the rights of consumers are the ECA’s priority. We also have a fiduciary responsibility to the organization as a whole and to the members individually. For those reasons our policies and agreements are modeled after the leading non-profit membership organizations and are available at the bottom of every page of our website. But for quick reference, our Privacy Policy can be found here and our Membership Terms & Conditions, here.

I’ve joined the association, but am having trouble accessing my account or logging-in.

Welcome! The system will send an authentication email to the address you provided in the first step, as well as a registration message acknowledging your complimentary subscription to ECA Today, our week-nightly HTML-based newsletter. You must click on the link in the authentication email to proceed to step two and finalize your registration. If you received the newsletter email, you will likely also receive the authentication message. Check your spam folder. If you didn’t receive either message, or you didn’t receive the authentication email after a short period of time, it may be that your ISP is blocking the email, or our message triggered something in your router’s filter settings. Just email us for additional help.

Does the ECA offer working journalists complimentary memberships?
We do offer members of the media a limited number of complimentary memberships in the association. For all media inquiries, please email [email protected] to communicate directly with our public relations staff.

How can I find out more about what the ECA is doing or has accomplished?
If you want to know how to get involved in any of the issue areas in which we’re engaged, try our action center here. We also keep members abreast of our activities via our week-nightly HTML-based newsletter, ECA Today, as well as our Monthly Member Newsletter, which broadly keeps you informed. And if you still have a question, comment or concern, you could always try our Forums.

I’d like to get the word out and help recruit new members, is there an affiliate program in place?
Yes. ECA is both a Publisher and Advertiser with Commission Junction, which is how we work with affiliate partners, so we would refer you to their website to connect via their portal, here.
Last edited by ezacharyk; Today at 08:29 PM.

I am pleased progress is being made, I still strongly feel they need to send an email to all members stating that the disable auto renew feature was never functioning. Also, while they say the feature was only available for a short time, there are indications it was available as far back as March and as late as the end of October (thanks blisskr for finding these posts). I wouldn't consider that a short period time, certainly its long enough to necessitate personal notice to all of their members. Please also note a mod responds to the March post and makes no mention of its non-functionality. I would also think that means they should have known about the button as early March, yet it was not removed until several months later. Additionally, according to several CAGs, the nonfunctional button gave verification that the auto renewal feature was canceled. It's very difficult to trust someone with your credit card information if such a major mistake is left on their website for months.

I am well aware that this is not a deal and many will flame me and say this is the wrong forum or that this is a re-post. However, at one point it seems like the majority of CAGs gave these people their credit card information in order to sign up for a paid or "free" membership. It should be emphasized that everyone who became a member(including free ones) had to give their credit card info, in case you have forgotten. Many if not all who signed up immediately canceled the auto renew billing feature using the website. It appears that it is now ECA's stance that anyone who did this did not actually cancel because it was never a working part of their website. They claim that the auto renew feature was only available for a limited time and never actually did anything because of some glitch, but anecdotal evidence from CAGs suggest it was online for several weeks and possibly months. Up to this point, they have refused to adequately accept responsibility for this mistake and have failed to personally notify their members of this problem. The original thread where I got this info from is found here, full credit should be given to Cager arcane93 for pointing all this out in this thread.

The ONLY way you can cancel your membership is by a letter through some form of TRACEABLE mail.

send your cancellation here, which according to their terms must be sent 30 days prior to your renewal date:
[FONT=&quot]Attn: Accounting, ECA, 64 Danbury Road, Suite 700, Wilton, CT 06897-4406. [/FONT]

What info is needed to cancel?
Just say you want to cancel and include your full name and email.

THERE IS NO WAY TO TURN OFF AUTO RENEW- you can only cancel your membership, they say here that "You will be notified a month before hand of your account expiring. So you have time to cancel if you decided to do so." But according to section 4 of their terms you must cancel 30 days prior to your renewal date. Obviously, this is highly problematic.

---for those concerned about potential unwanted charges: the charge shows up as: "ENT. CONSUMER ASSOC" Phone number 203-761-6180 CT"

Here are some tidbits from the ECA mod's themselves, taken from their forum:

Was there a button for auto-renewing?
Yes, for some browsers, but it wasn’t intended to be there, wasn’t a working option and was removed as soon as we became aware

Why can’t we terminate via email?
Because the org has grown too large to handle the volume and requiring a mailed piece separates those who are serious from those who are lazy or finicky – joining and leaving repeatedly – and it gives us written documentation, a paper trail to reconcile against

Notable Parts of their terms of service:

[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Right to update Credit Card Account Information[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. If the credit card provided by Member to ECA has expired during an attempt to bill fees per section 4, ECA will revise the expiration date and proceed with billing using the same credit card account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dead of Knight']This. Having someone like Gyspy who obviously doesn't know what is really going on, due to a complete breakdown in communication between the ECA and the mods. [/QUOTE]

Is she not on their payroll, then? She still appears on the "About Us" page, credited as the writer of theeca.1up.com, which has apparently been replaced with a Facebook group. That does make it appear like she might be an official part of the organization; this also isn't the first time she's served as public voice for the group; during the protracted downtime before the official death of the Amazon codes, she was in the CAG thread relaying information and I think maybe repeating the rhetoric about how people should support the ECA because of the other things they accomplish, or something.

But if she's not an official employee, she should probably stop setting herself up to play ambassador. While silence and "I don't know" isn't fantastic, it's better than eagerly digging the hole deeper.

Reviewing the staff page, the ECA apparently doesn't have anyone in charge of customer service, or account management, or customer relations, or anything like that. So now I'm wondering if this is all shoved off on, like, their one intern, so we're not getting a real response because they sort of forgot to hire somebody to deal with the public (I'm guessing their PR guy is solely for press releases and whatnot, not day-to-day member contact.)

[quote name='Gypsyfly PMS']Wow, it feels a little weird getting my safety threatened as I’m no one important in the gaming industry lol. The ugly bitch thing and whore thing is a little off putting as I didn’t think some of you would go there but I’m a female gamer and have heard a lot worse. And no, I’m not using it as a shield it was just odd.

I really wish I could give you guys the answers you’re looking for but I don’t really think you would care if I did. I didn’t come here to answer questions as I can’t do that in any official capacity or repeat anything that has already been said, I just came to throw my own personal white flag as the guy who said he lived a few minutes away from me did scare me and my hubby as we read some of the things you guys are writing and friends are informing me of. I live in a pretty crappy neighborhood though, so I doubt he would get far lol, trust me I’m not driving a Maserati. I understand the anger and hostility I just respectively ask that you not threaten my life, safety or whatnot, I could care less if you call my an ugly woman or the opposite and say you want to do um whatever...as a female gamer I've heard it all. When people start tracking you on Google Earth, that's a different beast.

And no I didn’t close the forum that was the tech department tonight as they focus on the site update and give all the mods a break. As I was posting on the ECA forum most of the CAG guys that were there were awesome and respectful and I am genuinely sorry if anyone got banned along with the spammers. Once it is back up we’ll try to unban those that were actually being civil.
Night! btw, I have about 6 dogs, they're pretty small, but they're wicked ankle biters and a little sister who never sleeps. Be warned![/QUOTE]

First of all, I'd like to state as other posters have already that we are not all immature like the posters making the sexist comments and threats against you. While I think you could have done a much better job moderating the ECA forums, there is no call for that type of behavior. I don't post here on CAG that often, but I've been a member for years and the majority of the community is great. It is gamers like the ones resorting to personal attacks which is why I hate playing online games that have voice chat. I'd rather hear the game's sounds than the crap spewing out of their mouths.

I joined the ECA in June and paid the full $20 before all the free members signed up. While I'm unhappy with the whole Amazon code and free membership fiasco that seems to have been the catalyst for the current situation, that unhappiness isn't just directed at the ECA for allowing so many new free members that signed up for the codes. It is also directed at the stackers and Amazon for having lazy programmers that allowed the codes to be stacked in the first place. Maybe they need to ask their competitors over at B&N for tips on how they handled their membership program that gives me a discount. I have the number tied to my account and it gives me a discount until it expires. Amazon should have been able to do something similar, grab a code from the ECA site, enter it in and get it a discount tied to your account for every order including eligible items until it expires or the promotion is cancelled. It would have saved a lot of hassle having to keep getting new batches of codes made up if they'd have done it right in the first place.

I used plenty of codes (no stacking) and have stacks of unplayed games that I have yet to get to, so it was more disappointment I had than the hostility many others have expressed over the loss of the codes. The ending of the program actually did me a favor though, I slowed down on the game orders which is saving me money. That 10% discount and my Prime membership made Amazon a lot of money they probably wouldn't have gotten though, so it is really their loss. I didn't join just for the discount, but that is what caused me to put less thought into whether or not to join. I support the goals of the ECA and as was advertised on the site when I signed up, a couple games with the discount code would recoup the money I just spent. I figured it was a win win situation.

The problem I have now is how all of this fallout after the Amazon codes going away and the auto renew cancellation option vanishing is being handled. Personally I didn't even know about the option to cancel the auto renew, I only read about it on forums, though I should have looked into it since I hate auto renewals. As of this moment I'm undecided about whether to continue my membership, but I'm leaning towards not renewing. As I said I support the goals, but for an organization that has spoken out against all the bad TOS and EULAs out there, how can they resort to the same type of tactics now to stem the tide of cancellations? Why did I not receive any notice of the changes? Why all the untruthful statements lately when trying to do damage control on this situation? I'm really disappointed with how the ECA has handled this whole situation and right now I'm feeling my money would be better spent elsewhere than supporting an organization I no longer have any confidence in. I know you said you didn't come to answer questions, but maybe you can pass on the comments. Even if the ECA forums were up, I couldn't post because I forgot to register for the forums when I signed up and now new registratrions are turned off and the forums are down.

[quote name='kodave']If the ECA issued an apology saying they are sorry for the way their paid staff and unpaid volunteers handled this situation and acted in the mean time while trying to rectify the situation - would that change anyone's mind or opinion on the ECA?

Or do you guys want a full out statement admitting they never should have done what they did in the first place and that they take full responsibility for proceeding the way they did?[/QUOTE]

The first option would be more than sufficient IMO. Everyone makes mistakes, but only idiots refuse to admit them. I honestly wasn't planning on cancelling my membership until I had seen how they had not even tried to handle this debacle. That being said, I'm still probably going to cancel, but I may end up re-registering sometime in the future, when the ECA has gotten more responsible.

[quote name='Kaltic']I personally am not looking for an apology as much as I am looking for an official statement saying they are working on the problem. I know Gypsyfly has said they are, but i would Hal to show that he is actually paying attention to the issue and is working on a new solution for canceling.[/QUOTE]

What's it matter who delivers the message saying they're working on it? I'm just curious because that part doesn't bother me at all. With the amount of pressure CAG has put on this organization I KNOW they've been working at this.

The only thing I'd want from Hal Halpin at this point is a sincere apology written by him, where he accepts blame for everything that happened under his watch of his organization as he was the President. Other than that, I don't care what he has to say other than "the issue is fixed" when that time comes.

[quote name='kodave']If the ECA issued an apology saying they are sorry for the way their paid staff and unpaid volunteers handled this situation and acted in the mean time while trying to rectify the situation - would that change anyone's mind or opinion on the ECA?

Or do you guys want a full out statement admitting they never should have done what they did in the first place and that they take full responsibility for proceeding the way they did?[/QUOTE]

I'd say the damage has been done, the ECA's reputation has permanently been tarnished. While their supposed mission is something I do support, there is no way you could support them with the current line up of employees, mods, and Hal at the top fumbling everything. Even if they restructured and removed Hal and several other employees the ECA's name is worth very little now.

Instead I hope another organization springs from the ashes of the ECA who actually has the consumer in mind instead of treating its members like criminals.

I paid for my ECA membership and at the time I thought it was deserved. I canceled my membership soon after the influx of free memberships, and right after the amazon codes were confirmed never coming back, or at least I thought I did. The only other discount that I was truly interested in was the Tritton one but that is still pending and to my knowledge has been since I joined in June of 09.

I've already printed out my cancellation letter that I'll be sending to the ECA on Monday certified mail and all that other jazz, but honestly I had higher hopes for this relationship, now I just feel sick I ever been a part of it. Again, thanks OP for bringing this to my attention, otherwise I'd get this auto-renew reminder in my email and would have been stuck with the bill for another year of ECA "goodness."

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This. Having someone like Gyspy who obviously doesn't know what is really going on, due to a complete breakdown in communication between the ECA and the mods. handle the PR between the ECA and the gaming community is pretty unacceptable and says far more about the character of the ECA than Gyspy herself. While her actions have been pretty questionable in many respects, I can honestly see her logic in most of what what she is doing and at the very least she is trying to communicate with the information she has at her disposal, which is, thanks to the ECA, very little. If you were to head a forum of an organization that didn't tell you shit about what to do, but that you had a lot of faith in, what would you do? I wouldn't be surprised if many of our reactions would be similar to Gypsy's. Attack the issues, not the person.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Yet another problem I've found with the ECA is that they really doesn't seem to have any true PR people besides Hal. He's laying low right now, so we haven't received any official statements. Unfortunately, the ECA moderators and chapter presidents DO represent the ECA because they're speaking on behalf of the ECA, even if it's not entirely official; they have been given special titles and abilities, and thus they do carry some responsibility both in action and accuracy of statements. However, and this is speculation based on observation, since most of their mods and chapter presidents appear to be volunteers they're probably untrained and ill-informed, which would explain all the contradiction and misinformation from the forums. It's not really their fault, as they've basically been left to fend on the forefront almost by themselves, but this would explain why we're not getting any sort of concrete answers.

I'd like to see a full history of the revisions of the Terms of Membership, just to see what else they've slipped in there or taken out. But then, coming from them, I don't know if I'd trust it. An apology is a good start. But my opinion of the organization likely won't change, but I may feel less determined to see the organization shut down completely.

I still don't see that they've done anything that they claim to be doing as an organization, except for write up some really cool position statements. :whistle2:k

For me an apology isn't going to cut it, as Lawyers Guns N Money stated above, it is about trust. Seeing how they are handling this situation has caused a loss of trust in their ability to represent us well on issues. If I can't trust them to do that, why should I give them any money to aid the cause? My dues won't be due until next June, so they still have time to redeem themselves, but it will take a lot of hard work and preferably a change in who is running the show over there. At this point I don't forsee myself renewing because of that loss of trust.

Quick question: If the credit card I gave them has since been cancelled, should I even bother writing the letter? I don't care if it screws over my account.

EDIT: So if I'm reading this right ... even though my credit card information has expired, they'll still be able to frickin' bill me?

[quote name='kodave']What's it matter who delivers the message saying they're working on it? I'm just curious because that part doesn't bother me at all. With the amount of pressure CAG has put on this organization I KNOW they've been working at this.

The only thing I'd want from Hal Halpin at this point is a sincere apology written by him, where he accepts blame for everything that happened under his watch of his organization as he was the President. Other than that, I don't care what he has to say other than "the issue is fixed" when that time comes.[/QUOTE]

I could care less about the "sincere" apology because i highly doubt it will be sincere. My main point on having Hal state they are working on the issue is to show he is actually taking this as a concern and for him to actually do something. He publicly has done nothing thus far except blame us. I just want to see him do something.

And again I don't want an apology because I don't think Hal will truly be sincere no matter how much he says it sorry.

EDIT: My main point is that HE should have been the one to tell us not some mod on their forums. It wasn't, at least how i see it, Gyspyfly's job to inform us on that when someone from the main organization should have.

[quote name='Musashi']For me an apology isn't going to cut it, as Lawyers Guns N Money stated above, it is about trust. Seeing how they are handling this situation has caused a lost of trust in their ability to represent us well on issues. If I can't trust them to do that, why should I give them any money to aid the cause? My dues won't be due until next June, so they still have time to redeem themselves, but it will take a lot of hard work and preferably a change in who is running the show over there. At this point I don't forsee myself renewing because of that loss of trust.[/QUOTE]

I'd be amazed if they could redeem themselves in the eyes of anyone posting in this thread. As long as Hal Halpin is president they're certainly not worthy of any money.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Agreed. Yet another problem I've found with the ECA is that they really doesn't seem to have any true PR people besides Hal. He's laying low right now, so we haven't received any official statements. [/QUOTE]

I don't really think Hal is laying low... I think he probably is thinking that his "statement" satisfies the issue. I really think he's that dense.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Agreed. Yet another problem I've found with the ECA is that they really don't seem to have any true PR people besides Hal. He's laying low right now, so we haven't received any official statements. Unfortunately, the ECA moderators and chapter presidents DO represent the ECA because they're speaking on behalf of the ECA, even if it's not entirely official; they have been given special titles and abilities, and thus they do carry some responsibility both in action and accuracy of statements. However, and this is speculation based on observation, since most of their mods and chapter presidents appear to be volunteers they're probably untrained and ill-informed, which would explain all the contradiction and misinformation from the forums. It's not really their fault, as they've basically been left to fend on the forefront almost by themselves, but this would explain why we're not getting any sort of concrete answers.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, none of the moderators ever represented that they were speaking FOR the organization, and you can't believe that they did. The board needed heavy moderation and you have to pick up volunteers for that. Where some of the volunteers went wrong was trying to guess on situations. They should have said "I can't speak on that, please wait for an official statement, I'm just here to keep the forum in order." - but they didn't quite do that, as it was hard to NOT comment on this situation.

However my caveat to this is Gameslaw as a moderator - the guy is a prick and has been before this whole fiasco. I'm not sure if its because he's in law school and thinks he's superior to everyone else or what, but he TRULY did more harm than good with the way he acted and reacted to posts before someone put a leash on him. I don't know if his end goal is to become legal counsel for the ECA or to get his GamesLaw blog absorbed into the ECA like GamePolitics was, but he's just a cancer for the ECA.

The only person out of all the moderator-types who can take responsibility for the information and statements made that got out there is Gypsyfly, unfortunately. She is supposed to be the liaison between us and the professionals running this organization. That put her in a special place with special duties that I hope to God she's getting paid for after all the shit she's taken.

When she made that post on Maingear and didn't disclose that she was also the marketing representative of PMS Clan, THAT was a big screw up. Her post on PMS Clan offering private registration? THAT was a big screw up. And generally her attitude and the way she did or didn't respond to questions and issues on the forum were also big problems.

But at the same time, the higher ups didn't appear to be giving her much to work with. So here's this college girl, stressed with finals and life, having to deal with all this shit online for an organization she believes in - she made some big mistakes and missteps. And for leaving Gypsyfly to hang like that - only Hal Halpin and the higher ups in the ECA can take the blame.

They should have noticed she was in way over her head and they should have done more to help her out and stabilize their organization before they shut down the forums tonight.

Hell, I'm certain the only reason Hal Halpin even issued a statement was because we got the gaming media to notice this situation and they asked him for a statement. Had we not got that much accomplished, Hal never would have said shit and probably would have left Gypsyfly even MORE alone to wade through all of this.

Maybe the ECA will realize they need a professional PR person. Maybe they need a more senior community manager to help Gypsyfly out. And hopefully from all of this they've learned how to be a better organization.

[quote name='jaynatch']I'd be amazed if they could redeem themselves in the eyes of anyone posting in this thread. As long as Hal Halpin is president they're certainly not worthy of any money.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to be somewhat optimistic, though I do find it doubtful there will be much if any redemption. I think a change in management would go a long way though, otherwise people will just expect more of the same because it is the same people in charge.

[quote name='Musashi'] While I'm unhappy with the whole Amazon code and free membership fiasco that seems to have been the catalyst for the current situation, that unhappiness isn't just directed at the ECA for allowing so many new free members that signed up for the codes. It is also directed at the stackers and Amazon for having lazy programmers that allowed the codes to be stacked in the first place. Maybe they need to ask their competitors over at B&N for tips on how they handled their membership program that gives me a discount. I have the number tied to my account and it gives me a discount until it expires. Amazon should have been able to do something similar, grab a code from the ECA site, enter it in and get it a discount tied to your account for every order including eligible items until it expires or the promotion is cancelled.[/QUOTE]

See, in light of the recent misinformation coming from the ECA, I'm now extremely skeptical about this part of the Amazon code thing.

Amazon obviously has a framework in place that allows them to tie certain discounts to individual accounts; see: Amazon Prime. I've always found it hard to believe that Amazon couldn't create 1-year 10% off VG codes.

What I'm starting to think, at this point, is that they wouldn't do so at the ECA's request, possibly because that is not the agreement they had with the ECA. What the ECA actually had for members were batches of 10% off coupon codes. The individual batches, as I understand it, didn't stack and behaved as normal Amazon discount codes. The ECA would run out, and have to request a new batch from Amazon.

So it seems likely that the agreement they had with Amazon was that Amazon would provide them 10% off codes to distribute to members; likely the ECA's non-profit status played into it, but I don't think Amazon at any point was selling the ECA 10% off memberships.

I'd actually like to know the finer points of the Amazon/ECA agreement, just because I'm curious. Did the ECA have to pay some sort of fee for each batch? It'd explain why the ECA kept running out, instead of getting a new batch a few days in advance, or getting some sort of arrangement to generate their own.

It'd be interesting to know the finer points, largely because I'd like to know how feasible it would be for another non-profit to get a setup like this. Could Child's Play buy a batch of codes and then sell them as a fundraiser? Things like that.

It's an interesting part of the whole mess, because I'm not aware of any other similar agreement with Amazon. The thing the ECA had seems to be unique, whatever it was.

[quote name='kodave']To be fair, none of the moderators ever represented that they were speaking FOR the organization, and you can't believe that they did. The board needed heavy moderation and you have to pick up volunteers for that. Where some of the volunteers went wrong was trying to guess on situations. They should have said "I can't speak on that, please wait for an official statement, I'm just here to keep the forum in order." - but they didn't quite do that, as it was hard to NOT comment on this situation.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said, except for the start of your post. Even if the moderators of a forum never state that their comments are official statements, many people will assume they are because of the position. There are many companies and organizations out there that are wise enough to give people in positions like that some training on how to behave in order to prevent problems like that. I know I received information like that in a pamplet before I began work at my current employer and have received similar e-mails even though I have no dealings with the public. They just want to warn everyone that too many people will make assumptions that comments are official unless you inform them they are solely your personal opinion. The ECA needs to start hiring instead of laying so much on volunteers to handle.

[quote name='iammeiam']See, in light of the recent misinformation coming from the ECA, I'm now extremely skeptical about this part of the Amazon code thing.

Amazon obviously has a framework in place that allows them to tie certain discounts to individual accounts; see: Amazon Prime. I've always found it hard to believe that Amazon couldn't create 1-year 10% off VG codes.

What I'm starting to think, at this point, is that they wouldn't do so at the ECA's request, possibly because that is not the agreement they had with the ECA. What the ECA actually had for members were batches of 10% off coupon codes. The individual batches, as I understand it, didn't stack and behaved as normal Amazon discount codes. The ECA would run out, and have to request a new batch from Amazon.

So it seems likely that the agreement they had with Amazon was that Amazon would provide them 10% off codes to distribute to members; likely the ECA's non-profit status played into it, but I don't think Amazon at any point was selling the ECA 10% off memberships.

I'd actually like to know the finer points of the Amazon/ECA agreement, just because I'm curious. Did the ECA have to pay some sort of fee for each batch? It'd explain why the ECA kept running out, instead of getting a new batch a few days in advance, or getting some sort of arrangement to generate their own.

It'd be interesting to know the finer points, largely because I'd like to know how feasible it would be for another non-profit to get a setup like this. Could Child's Play buy a batch of codes and then sell them as a fundraiser? Things like that.

It's an interesting part of the whole mess, because I'm not aware of any other similar agreement with Amazon. The thing the ECA had seems to be unique, whatever it was.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we'll know the answers to any of that - ever.

I think the simplest answer to why there aren't anymore Amazon codes is because Amazon didn't find it worth the time or money to implement a better system that couldn't be abused after its initial trial run with the ECA members.

I don't think the ECA paid anything for the codes. If anything the ECA had to make a pitch and show Amazon why it would be beneficial them to provide a discount to its members (aka it'll increase the loyalty to Amazon, ECA members will make more non-gaming purchases from Amazon, etc. etc. etc.). Amazon thought it was worth it at first, but after the abuse, it just wasn't worth the effort to even try and continue, so the benefits to them were very marginal at best - if there even were any benefits after all of the abuse was done.

[quote name='iammeiam']See, in light of the recent misinformation coming from the ECA, I'm now extremely skeptical about this part of the Amazon code thing.

It's an interesting part of the whole mess, because I'm not aware of any other similar agreement with Amazon. The thing the ECA had seems to be unique, whatever it was.[/QUOTE]

You make a good point, I have been a Prime member for years and there should be some way to adapt that framework to use for a discount on certain categories of items instead of free or discounted shipping methods. I too am curious just what kind of arrangement they had. The Prime membership does work kind of similar to my B&N membership, I just don't need a membership number for Prime. I'm hoping since there was so much interest in the codes, maybe Amazon will just step up and create a program like Circuit City used to have. I bought the majority of my games there because of the discount and the ability to price match and while the 10% off codes from the ECA lasted, Amazon got just about all of my gaming money. I've been meaning to write Amazon about that, but I want to find a good person to send it too instead of some CS rep that will just reply with some canned response.

[quote name='Grausherra']Quick question: If the credit card I gave them has since been cancelled, should I even bother writing the letter? I don't care if it screws over my account.

EDIT: So if I'm reading this right ... even though my credit card information has expired, they'll still be able to frickin' bill me?[/QUOTE]
Can this question please be addressed? There are too many pages to go through to find the answer. Thanks for thehelp!

[quote name='Musashi']I agree with everything you said, except for the start of your post. Even if the moderators of a forum never state that their comments are official statements, many people will assume they are because of the position. There are many companies and organizations out there that are wise enough to give people in positions like that some training on how to behave in order to prevent problems like that. I know I received information like that in a pamplet before I began work at my current employer and have received similar e-mails even though I have no dealings with the public. They just want to warn everyone that too many people will make assumptions that comments are official unless you inform them they are solely your personal opinion. The ECA needs to start hiring instead of laying so much on volunteers to handle.[/QUOTE]

A small organization like the ECA doesn't have the money to pay people to moderate forums, which don't really need that much moderation in the first place until they do something drastic like GIMAG, Amazon codes, change the TOS, etc.

I agree they should have provided some guidelines for the mods, but I have a feeling everything happened so fast that they didn't get around to that and just assumed the mods wouldn't make things worse.

Like I said - the moderators should have restrained their comments in these controversial threads they were watching / moderating, despite how tempting it was to chime in. That would have greatly cut down on any confusion and false statements getting out there.

Perhaps the moderators should have had a big fat line in their signatures reminding everyone what they say isn't official ECA policy unless they are quoting someone or something that has the authority of official ECA policy.

[quote name='Gypsyfly PMS']Wow, it feels a little weird getting my safety threatened as I’m no one important in the gaming industry lol. The ugly bitch thing and whore thing is a little off putting as I didn’t think some of you would go there but I’m a female gamer and have heard a lot worse. And no, I’m not using it as a shield it was just odd.

I really wish I could give you guys the answers you’re looking for but I don’t really think you would care if I did. I didn’t come here to answer questions as I can’t do that in any official capacity or repeat anything that has already been said, I just came to throw my own personal white flag as the guy who said he lived a few minutes away from me did scare me and my hubby as we read some of the things you guys are writing and friends are informing me of. I live in a pretty crappy neighborhood though, so I doubt he would get far lol, trust me I’m not driving a Maserati. I understand the anger and hostility I just respectively ask that you not threaten my life, safety or whatnot, I could care less if you call my an ugly woman or the opposite and say you want to do um whatever...as a female gamer I've heard it all. When people start tracking you on Google Earth, that's a different beast.

And no I didn’t close the forum that was the tech department tonight as they focus on the site update and give all the mods a break. As I was posting on the ECA forum most of the CAG guys that were there were awesome and respectful and I am genuinely sorry if anyone got banned along with the spammers. Once it is back up we’ll try to unban those that were actually being civil.
Night! btw, I have about 6 dogs, they're pretty small, but they're wicked ankle biters and a little sister who never sleeps. Be warned![/QUOTE]

See, that's the ECA's problem. It's this kind of attitude. We do care. We care that you are blaming this entire uproar on a bunch of angry members who exploited the Amazon code and are now looking to get even. If you actually read through some of the posts in this thread, you would know that it's the ECA's failure to own up to their mistakes and the cost that gamers will have to pay for it that is the problem. There's plenty of evidence that points to that non-working cancel feature being available for quite a while. I found posts on this site, and I'll gladly provide links if you'd like, that prove that feature was available for at least a month's time. If a member used that feature and believed it worked (and why wouldn't they?), they would think their membership is cancelled and will be unknowingly charged. It doesn't matter what it says on your ToS. The ECA is responsible for the content of their entire website, and that includes the non-working cancel option. If a person sees that button, no logical person would assume it doesn't work just because it wasn't mentioned in a ToS they read months ago.

The ECA has failed to notify members who believe they've cancelled that they actually haven't and the ECA will receive $20 for each member that isn't aware of your mistake. I've received several ECA newsletters over the past few days. None of them even mention this issue. If a consumer advocacy group feels they have no obligation to correct this (via a simple email to all existing members informing them of the non-working button), then the ECA has no credibility.

You say we won't care about your answers but for the vast majority of us who have posted in this thread, it seems you don't care about our questions. We understand you can't provide an answer to every question, but we do expect you to acknowledge what the actual issues here are. Sure there are people cranky about the Amazon thing and are just out to get the ECA. Nobody is denying that. But this mess the ECA created is not just because of angry exploiters as you claim it is on your clan forum. It's not even about having to send a letter to cancel. It's about the ECA ignoring us members with very legitimate issues and instead trying to brush us off as scammers.

[quote name='DeadlyMan']Can this question please be addressed? There are too many pages to go through to find the answer. Thanks for thehelp![/QUOTE]
Yes, it's in the terms that they can roll up your expiration date until it works.

[quote name='outphase']Yes, it's in the terms that they can roll up your expiration date until it works.[/QUOTE]

But what if the card number was changed ENTIRELY? Not same number, different expiration but different number, different expiration.

Holy :shock:...this is over 100 pages longer than when I looked at it yesterday!
Well, I'm glad I gave ECA a gift card (which I've since used.) have fun charging a dead gift card jerks.

I want to start off by saying that I too am female. I don't appreciate the sexual comments or the comments about looks at all. They have nothing to do the situation and they should be refrained from.

I also want to say that while I am sorry you are having a hard time, you are pretty much at fault for a lot of the flack heading your way. You have acted in a completely dishonest and less than stellar way many times during this whole fiasco.

On top of that, you dragged the pms clan into it all. What possessed you to that? You close the ECA forums and close registration, but open it up to members of the clan? Why? I couldn't register to ask an honest question on the ECA site- but if I emailed or messaged you through the clan site- then all of a sudden I would have been granted access? That is really backhanded. That is completely dishonest. It completely sets you in a very negative light. It also completely destroys what little credibility you had.

People, innocent people, who have questions are getting banned left and right. People who want to register to ask legitimate questions are being prevented from doing so. But your buddies and clan members are granted full access- that screams hyprocrite. How do you expect anyone to believe or respect any future statements that you make?

There are plenty of female gamers here at cag. Some are members of the pms clan. Many of the male gamers here have girlfriends and female friends who are members of the pms clan. Didn't you think people would find out that you were opening registrations out to your friends? That screams dishonesty.

As far as you being afraid for your safety- yes that is wrong. But be aware that all of our personal information ( address, phone numbers, credit card numbers..... ) are all in the hands of a company that is proving itself to be very shady. And when we want to have that info removed from your systems- you take away the button, remove the phone call option, and the email option.

You don't want your information in the hands of shady people. People that you don't know what they will do with it. Well now the ECA is presenting itself in the same light. We don't want the ECA having our info. If we were just able to cancel our accounts and remove our info- it wouldn't have been any problems at all. But the fact is that you took away all ability to do that. Then ECA lies about it. And yes lies. If you honestly read this thread and several dozen others on various websites- you will see the ECA ( and yourself as well ) caught in a great many lies. You will see many conflicting statements that fly totally opposite the proven truth.

You tell us to snail mail. Well me personally, I did that over a month ago. ECA received the letter. My account and my info is still at the ECA. My account was never canceled. My personal info is still in your servers.

So I jumped through all the hoops that the ECA asked me too. I spent ADDITIONAL money to ensure my request was received. But the ECA has not complied.

Put yourself in my shoes- how would you feel if a shady company had your info and refused to let you cancel something or have your info removed? I did exactly what was asked of me. Yet the ECA is not.

The amusing thing is, I didn't want to cancel my account. I simply wanted the auto renewal removed so that I could switch credit cards. Now though- I want nothing more to do with the ECA. Especially since they are not complying with my cancelation request.

You don't like the way that people are charactizing you. But I am sorry, but you are pretty much responsible for that. You abused your position as an ECA moderator to bypass the registration restrictions on the ECA forums for your friends. We didn't do that. You did that.

edit side note: forgive the typos- typing with a dislocated knuckle.

As for the ridiculous comments here, well... it's the internet. But no one is seriously going to do anything to you, personally, over $20.

We are being civil about this (note: Google document), but our only method of communicating with the ECA is the forums (feedback system is not responded to), where we are met with a lack of civility. I was banned for saying something critical, but it was not abusive. We have legitimate concerns and we cannot voice them anywhere except through snail mail, apparently. And yet it's okay to invite people from your clan (who are not necessarily ECA members?) to join the forums in support of the ECA? Why is this okay? That is not professional--that's something that happens in a flame war between two clans.

[quote name='Grausherra']But what if the card number was changed ENTIRELY? Not same number, different expiration but different number, different expiration.[/QUOTE]

Somtimes automatic charges carry over to your new creditcard (if the cc is from the same issuer)
The charging company attempts to charge the old creditcard # and your creditcard company just relays that as a previous authorized charge for your brand new creditcard.
This does happen. It may not happen in every case though as it depends on how your creditcard company handles the charge incoming onto your old creditcard.

Your best bet is to still write the letter. (until theeca provides a better way to cancel)

In my case I cancelled the auto renewal of their membership via their website.
If that button is or was broken I was never informed by theeca about it and any attempt to charge my creditcard after my subscribtion runs out is unauthorized.

[quote name='Grausherra']But what if the card number was changed ENTIRELY? Not same number, different expiration but different number, different expiration.[/QUOTE]
This. Anyone?

From what I'm hearing they will HIT YOUR ASS with a collection AGENCY? That's just what I'm hearing.. not sure if it's true.

Its your own damn fault. You run your forums like a Nazi. I don't condone other people's action, threatening people online is just stupid but yeah it is your own fault. You, ECA and your army of Mods take us for idiots and will just believe anything you say.

I dont care what you look like, I don't care about your really but what you are doing on ECA forums is what I care about. Open it up and let the discussion about "membership cancellation" go discussed, positive or negative they should be discussed. All you want in your forums are "positive", which is utter BS.

ECA is going down anyway. Every god damn RESPECTABLE game site and community (your PMS clan hasn't lost its respectability just you) has dammed them.

I don't like how the article directed the single side comment at CAG. To me, it appeared as a taunt. Some people take the bait and have probably used that to fuel their hateful comments. However, what did you expect when the author wrote, -

Cheap Ass Gamer

[quote name='Unrealevil']As for the ridiculous comments here, well... it's the internet. But no one is seriously going to do anything to you, personally, over $20.
[/QUOTE]

Seems to me that people are making a big deal over $20. Also after reading most of the posts here it seems that most of you joined for the amazon 10% deal. You should have educated yourselves with what the ECA was about before giving them your information. Joining a organization to save money without knowing what the company stands for is dumb. With that said how about we all get along and do what we do best, play some video games. :)

* This is my opinion, not the ECA's or Gyspy's, so if you have a problem with what I say please take it up with me.

[quote name='x Famous x']Seems to me that people are making a big deal over $20. Also after reading most of the posts here it seems that most of you joined for the amazon 10% deal. You should have educated yourselves with what the ECA was about before giving them your information. Joining a organization to save money without knowing what the company stands for is dumb. With that said how about we all get along and do what we do best, play some video games. :)

* This is my opinion, not the ECA's or Gyspy's, so if you have a problem with what I say please take it up with me.[/QUOTE]
We have all learned what the ECA stands for over the last couple days. Goodnight, Hal.

[quote name='x Famous x']Seems to me that people are making a big deal over $20. Also after reading most of the posts here it seems that most of you joined for the amazon 10% deal. You should have educated yourselves with what the ECA was about before giving them your information. Joining a organization to save money without knowing what the company stands for is dumb. With that said how about we all get along and do what we do best, play some video games. :)

* This is my opinion, not the ECA's or Gyspy's, so if you have a problem with what I say please take it up with me.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly it. Majority of us agreed or liked what the ECA stands for. Our major concern is not the amazon codes (most of that actually came from Hal's statement).

Our main concern is that we were not notified by the removal of a button we all thought worked. Actually we still have not been notified yet (We had to learn through third parties).

Now i Never actually used an amazon.com code, or any code for that matter, and this situation really bothers me. Also Hal's statement bothers me because i did join during the free promotion, but have yet to use a code and did not cancel/join like he says happened. Yet he still made me feel like a criminal.

All of these things could not have been researched prior to joining.

Guys, I didn't write any article I don't work for the marketing department or technical. I'm just an admin and work with their chapters. I don't know why some are still making this personal as I didn't call anyone names, call anyone inept, a lier, treat you like a piece of meat, call you a whore, track your address down or threatened to attack you on Twitter and the PMS forums like they're doing on NeoGaf. I've never attacked anyone beyond the legal boundaries I've seen being done. The only thing I've tried to do is keep the peace until the higher ups can work on the fix. I have relayed everything others have asked or have suggested and they are working on all of it.

And yes, I still believe in ECA, from the moment I joined I believed in ECA and will continue to. It's the same reason I joined PMS, they are my closest friends (from the founders to many of the Generals, and division members) and I would take a million character attacks to protect them as they would me because if you're dedicated you don't jump ship when things go bad.

I understand that in every community there are a few that take it to another level and don't represent a community as a whole and I appreciate the CAG mod removing the nastier comments.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I still don't see that they've done anything that they claim to be doing as an organization, except for write up some really cool position statements. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I got their montly newsletter today. It looks like it's intended to inform people what the ECA does but after looking at it closely, it doesn't look like much. But I'll sum it up for anyone who didn't get it...

In the email it states it's members only (so it looks like there is no way for non-member to learn about what the ECA does until they join).

Then there is a big section about crappy benefits like the 75% off Gamepro magazine discount. Of course, this "benefit" is available to everyone on GamePro's site even if they aren't a member.

Then there's a "In the news" section which just talks about the benefits again and a few mentions of instances where Halpin did an interview with a website or is encouraging gamers to do something which seems like it really doesn't require much effort on the ECA's part.

Then there is the "advocacy" section. The only thing noteworthy was this...

"On November 20th, ECA Vice President & General Counsel Jennifer Mercurio testified in front of the NYC Council Committee on Technology in Government regarding seeking stronger Net Neutrality rules from the Federal Government. A copy of her testimony can be viewed here."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23629242/Jm-Eca-Testimony-11-20-09-Final

That's the only example of the ECA doing anything that didn't include just creating a Twitter/Facebook group/ECA website page.

Then there is some crap about ECA chapters.

Considering that's a summary of the entire month, it doesn't look like the ECA does much of anything. The only thing that seemed noteworthy was the thing I linked to but that doesn't even seem like all that much.

Just so you guys know, the ECA lists a total of 17 members in 'Team ECA.' Their FAQ lists a total of 14 people and 3 service companies.

How large is the ECA staff and where are you headquartered?
The staff size will likely change over time (so this FAQ answer will be outdated shortly), but at present we have five full-time, four part-time, five consultants, and three retained service companies who support the org. The ECA was built as a web-based association, so in theory our physical location isn’t as important, but our headquarters are in Wilton, CT (about an hour outside of Manhattan).

These are the spokespeople of the ECA. So what they say counts as official. At least, this is what i'm lead to believe by their member page.

I understand everyone's complaining about how they want our money, but their previous tax years have been posted at a loss. For three years, someone's supporting the organization. I find it hard to believe that a grassroots movement known as the ECA needs so much money to run itself. As I read through their FAQ, it says that they're supported '100% by membership dues' which I find practically impossible.

They also state so many things to tell us how they're fighting for net neutrality. There's so many more companies and organizations doing that. Gamers aren't the only ones that'd be affected by it, not by a long shot. So there's a lot more lobbyists fighting for this specific topic. I understand multiplayer goes a long way, but when games are solely developed like that, there won't be a place for many of us in the video game world. Without knowing exactly what you're supporting, a lot of people will be angry. Especially when you make it so difficult to opt out.

If the ECA hadn't released a statement and fixed the auto-renew function, absolutely none of us would have cared. We were supportive until they created this commotion. But now as outraged as we are, it's our fault for making too big of a deal out of it.

Also, I found the post about how we think we're starting a revolution a bit funny. The ECA forums don't have that many active members, the main ECA group on Facebook has approximately 1800 followers. If a total of 500+ CAGs are outraged, that's at least 1/4 of their userbase. Especially since this entire org is based online. Now, if you were to count people who jumped in on the GIMAG code, being people from here, SD, FW, etc, that's a lot more than 500. That sounds a bit revolutionary, especially for a simple grassroots movement.

I know they've lost my trust. Especially with a slew of 'unofficial' announcements and speculations.

[quote name='Gypsyfly PMS']Guys, I didn't write any article I don't work for the marketing department or technical. I'm just an admin and work with their chapters. I don't know why some are still making this personal as I didn't call anyone names, call anyone inept, a lier, treat you like a piece of meat, call you a whore, track your address down or threatened to attack you on Twitter and the PMS forums like they're doing on NeoGaf. I've never attacked anyone beyond the legal boundaries I've seen being done. The only thing I've tried to do is keep the peace until the higher ups can work on the fix. I have relayed everything others have asked or have suggested and they are working on all of it.

And yes, I still believe in ECA, from the moment I joined I believed in ECA and will continue to. It's the same reason I joined PMS, they are my closest friends (from the founders to many of the Generals, and division members) and I would take a million character attacks to protect them as they would me because if you're dedicated you don't jump ship when things go bad.

I understand that in every community there are a few that take it to another level and don't represent a community as a whole and I appreciate the CAG mod removing the nastier comments.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry that has happened, but haven't we for the most part gotten past this? Are people still saying such things because from what I have read lately we have defended you on that part.

The people that are not defending you are the people saying you are much of the blame and that is not an attack on you personally, like a threat on your life, but just what they have gathered through recent events.

I don't think anyone should be calling anyone, including you, any of those nasty things, or should be threatening anyones life. I also think you made your point once on this issue and I am pretty sure it ended soon after.

So I guess I am wondering... have you been actually reading much of the talk lately? Most of it is on if we think we will try to keep relations with the ECA after this whole thing gets sorted out. It really has nothing to do with you, beyond the part of you being with the ECA. Now I may have missed some messages from people since I am currently doing other things while reading this thread, but I am quite sure the discussion on you has ended and for the most part we tried to defend you on it.

EDIT: Also while they may be attacking you on NeoGaf, that is all on them, because if i am correct this is not Neogaf (even though I think there are some similarities, I don't use that site). We are not NeoGaf and as such, we are not the ones still attacking you beyond the normal opinions on your mod abilities and doings.

I'll be happy to take it up with you. A consumer advocacy group who has spoken out against EULA's that are pages long, were written by lawyers and are often not available to consumers until after they give a company their business has no business hiding behind their TOS. ECA to members, you should have read the fine print, is dispicable.

This isn't just about 20 dollars and the hassle it will take keep them from taking more money from my account even after indicating at signup that you could opt out of an auto-renewal situation, this is about an advocacy group whose behavior puts into question whether or not these people have any business representing gamers at any capacity.

Do I really want to attach my name, call and write my represenative and senator, speak out against industry practices alongside an organization whose top spokesman belittles it's members, labels them as no good exploiters, thinks its appropriate to taunt them on forums, allows their moderators to rule their boards not with professionalism but out of control banning, taunting, lol, and general immaturity?

I don't know about you, but I thought the ECA was a professional organization, with good intentions run by people who wouldn't digress to children in a playground when things got chaotic and didn't go their way. The fact they had benefits for their members was nice, but I personally never took advantage of them. I wasn't in the market for games at the time they were offered, and I don't just run around buying stuff because someone found out there was a trick to get 30%.

The kind of change many gamers want to see happen to our industry, and the fight against over zealous law makers to make games illegal is serious business. I expected it to be taken seriously.

I don't know who the ECA thinks they are dealing with. I am not some high school kid, or some college young adult cramming for papers just before winter break; I am a grown professional woman. You are darn right that I am going to hold a company's feet to fire who thinks they have a right to hold my financial information hostage and go against the terms in which i provided it just like I would hold any other business accountable.

I was willing to give the ECA a go, see what they had to offer, not monetarily, but what they stood for, how they intended to mobilize a very diverse group of people whose only common ground, in many cases, is a love of games because it was free, recommended by the same gaming sites that are questioning them now, and I had one year to make up my mind.

A few months later, I am getting all my information about their tactics second hand, still have not been notified of the changes, nor was my feedback form replied to. I never signed up for the forums so I coudln't go that route either, not that it would have done me any good since their response was to taunt and belittle anyone who questioned the ECA's tactics, if they didn't just ban them outright.

So no, this is not what I signed up for. The ECA is overdue for an apology to it's member base. That should have been the first act, to send out an apology letter to the entire member base that mistakes had been made and what they intended to do about.

Can you imagine how different this would have played out if they actually admitted there was a mistake made and apologized for it? So instead, we get, on the rumor mill again, that they are "working on it", whatever the heck it is. And instead of just nodding and moving on, we get assume that the only reason the ECA cared to address this at all is that it blew up in their face, not because it should have been done to begin with.

There is no doubt that the ECA is going to walk away from this tarnished. For every person who is verbally angry about what they did now, there are probably a dozen people who will just walk away saying nothing at all. That entire lot of unhappy people will talk about it too, a lot more than the supporters will. It's basic PR /customer service, people express and talk about their negative experiences a lot more than they ever do about their positive.

This mess was 100% avoidable, and it's unfortunate that they still haven't done the right thing, legalities aside.

So if you made this far, thank you for reading my wall of text.

[quote name='Nesrie']
So if you made this far, thank you for reading my wall of text.[/QUOTE]

I would consider this a wall of text. I downsized so it wouldn't take up as much space. But seriously if you are on the Gamespot forums at all, you will see this..... all the time.

I'll be happy to take it up with you. A consumer advocacy group who has spoken out against EULA's that are pages long, were written by lawyers and are often not available to consumers until after they give a company their business has no business hiding behind their TOS. ECA to members, you should have read the fine print, is dispicable. This isn't just about 20 dollars and the hassle it will take keep them from taking more money from my account even after indicating at signup that you could opt out of an auto-renewal situation, this is about an advocacy group whose behavior puts into question whether or not these people have any business representing gamers at any capacity. Do I really want to attach my name, call and write my represenative and senator, speak out against industry practices alongside an organization whose top spokesman belittles it's members, labels them as no good exploiters, thinks its appropriate to taunt them on forums, allows their moderators to rule their boards not with professionalism but out of control banning, taunting, lol, and general immaturity? I don't know about you, but I thought the ECA was a professional organization, with good intentions run by people who wouldn't digress to children in a playground when things got chaotic and didn't go their way. The fact they had benefits for their members was nice, but I personally never took advantage of them. I wasn't in the market for games at the time they were offered, and I don't just run around buying stuff because someone found out there was a trick to get 30%. The kind of change many gamers want to see happen to our industry, and the fight against over zealous law makers to make games illegal is serious business. I expected it to be taken seriously. I don't know who the ECA thinks they are dealing with. I am not some high school kid, or some college young adult cramming for papers just before winter break; I am a grown professional woman. You are darn right that I am going to hold a company's feet to fire who thinks they have a right to hold my financial information hostage and go against the terms in which i provided it just like I would hold any other business accountable. I was willing to give the ECA a go, see what they had to offer, not monetarily, but what they stood for, how they intended to mobilize a very diverse group of people whose only common ground, in many cases, is a love of games because it was free, recommended by the same gaming sites that are questioning them now, and I had one year to make up my mind. A few months later, I am getting all my information about their tactics second hand, still have not been notified of the changes, nor was my feedback form replied to. I never signed up for the forums so I coudln't go that route either, not that it would have done me any good since their response was to taunt and belittle anyone who questioned the ECA's tactics, if they didn't just ban them outright. So no, this is not what I signed up for. The ECA is overdue for an apology to it's member base. That should have been the first act, to send out an apology letter to the entire member base that mistakes had been made and what they intended to do about. Can you imagine how different this would have played out if they actually admitted there was a mistake made and apologized for it? So instead, we get, on the rumor mill again, that they are "working on it", whatever the heck it is. And instead of just nodding and moving on, we get assume that the only reason the ECA cared to address this at all is that it blew up in their face, not because it should have been done to begin with. There is no doubt that the ECA is going to walk away from this tarnished. For every person who is verbally angry about what they did now, there are probably a dozen people who will just walk away saying nothing at all. That entire lot of unhappy people will talk about it too, a lot more than the supporters will. It's basic PR /customer service, people express and talk about their negative experiences a lot more than they ever do about their positive. This mess was 100% avoidable, and it's unfortunate that they still haven't done the right thing, legalities aside.

[quote name='Gypsyfly PMS']Guys, I didn't write any article I don't work for the marketing department or technical. I'm just an admin and work with their chapters. I don't know why some are still making this personal as I didn't call anyone names, call anyone inept, a lier, treat you like a piece of meat, call you a whore, track your address down or threatened to attack you on Twitter and the PMS forums like they're doing on NeoGaf. I've never attacked anyone beyond the legal boundaries I've seen being done. The only thing I've tried to do is keep the peace until the higher ups can work on the fix. I have relayed everything others have asked or have suggested and they are working on all of it.

I understand that in every community there are a few that take it to another level and don't represent a community as a whole and I appreciate the CAG mod removing the nastier comments.[/QUOTE]

Someone sure is playing the victim. Funny, because I thought that was our role.

Since your previous comment, I haven't seen anyone claim that you called anyone a liar, inept, a whore, etc. In fact, everyone is on your side as far as the immature name calling, threats, and all that stuff is concerned.

The only replies I've seen directed at you since your last post are dealing with your actions. You were the one who basically summed up this entire situation as a handful of scammers out for revenge when we have made it quite clear what our issues are and many others outside of CAG have done the same. You personally, have misrepresented us to your clan members, just as Hal Halpin did in his press release. Most of us don't care about the Amazon promo. Most of us were happy to remain ECA members and even renew our subscription because we believed in the cause. Yet you lump all of us in with a few bad apples.

That was you that did that.

Then you abused your mod privileges by offering to allow members who shared your view into the ECA forums. Those forums are for all ECA members whether we agree with the ECA's policies or not. Nothing in the ToS states that we have to agree with Hal Halpin. You have every right to do what you want on your own forums, but picking and choosing who is and isn't allowed in a forum where your only job is to maintain civility is simply an abuse of your status. You weren't trying to keep the peace. You were trying to add fuel to the fire on one side, and snuff it out on other.

As members who are being blocked from joining the forum, we have good reason to be upset with you. I completely agree that things shouldn't be directed at you simply because you are a mod. And they shouldn't be calling names and making threats simply because of your point of view. However, as someone who was supposed to remain neutral when it comes to mod responsibilities, we have every right to direct our complaints towards you regarding your actions in a civilized manner.

You need to accept that what you did was unfair to us. What we are saying to you isn't any more personal than what you did to us.

@Gypsyfly PMS

When the fuck is ECA gonna fix this shit?

Also, as mentioned before, stop trying to play the victim here. It's a shame that some people have resorted to personal attacks but that should not take away from the real matter at hand here.. which is the insane fuck ups of the ECA. It's cool that you're real committed to your precious ECA, but you gotta understand that it's not just a handful or people who feel that they've been wronged by your organization, it's a fucking boatload.

Open up the fucking forums. If you don't have the power to do so, figure it out and make it happen. You're willing to allow your clan members to sign up if they spread positive bullshit, but you're not allowing legitimate PAID members voice their opinion. You and your shit show organization are trying to censor the masses for selfish and unjust reasons. We are in AMERICA, ECA has to understand that and not try to establish the Fourth Reich here on the interwebs.

I'm just going to assume from here on out that the ECA is secretly a terrorist cell trying to spread their neo-NAZI horse shit and steal my identity. It's the year 2009, it's not that hard to program in a CANCEL button the web page. It would take a fucking day at the most. So please, dear NAZI ECA, stop worshiping the fucking devil aka. HITLER and let me cancel my subscription as I do not believe in the NAZI cause.

Remember, the NAZIs attempted to exterminate all the GYPSIES. They'll turn on you Gypsyfly PMS, eventually. Help us now while you can.

fuck.

[quote name='mis0']@Gypsyfly PMS

Also, as mentioned before, stop trying to play the victim here. It's a shame that some people have resorted to personal attacks but that should not take away from the real matter at hand here.. which is the insane fuck ups of the ECA. It's cool that you're real committed to your precious ECA, but you gotta understand that it's not just a handful or people who feel that they've been wronged by your organization, it's a fucking boatload.

Open up the fucking forums. If you don't have the power to do so, figure it out and make it happen. You're willing to allow your clan members to sign up if they spread positive bullshit, but you're not allowing legitimate PAID members voice their opinion. You and your shit show organization are trying to censor the masses for selfish and unjust reasons. We are in AMERICA, ECA has to understand that and not try to establish the Fourth Reich here on the interwebs.

I'm just going to assume from here on out that the ECA is secretly a terrorist cell trying to spread their neo-NAZI horse shit and steal my identity. It's the year 2009, it's not that hard to program in a CANCEL button the web page. It would take a fucking day at the most. So please, dear NAZI ECA, stop worshiping the fucking devil aka. HITLER and let me cancel my subscription as I do not believe in the NAZI cause.

Remember, the NAZIs attempted to exterminate all the GYPSIES. They'll turn on you Gypsyfly PMS, eventually. Help us now while you can.

FUCK.[/QUOTE]

lol nice post.

[quote name='mis0']@Gypsyfly PMS

FUCK.[/QUOTE]

I wish this post would fit in my sig :)

2881 posts on 144 pages and we've pretty much all agreed that ECA is a bunch of devil worshiping, Hitler loving, nazi douchebag c|_|nt assholes.

I hope the people running ECA burn in hell.

[quote name='Gypsyfly PMS']
And yes, I still believe in ECA, from the moment I joined I believed in ECA and will continue to. [/QUOTE]

Then let me ask you a simple question:

Would you have joined if your membership to the ECA wasn't Comp'ed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back