Ecost.com PS3 Pre- Orders NOW!!!! Confirmed

They can eat shit!!!! More like $200.00 higher than retail!!! Nothing like an online retailer taking advantage of their customer base by overcharging on an item. I understand ebay people etc....but how can an online merchant be allowed to gain in a situation such as this? Do they receive their allocation from some other means? They cannot be receiving them directly from Sony otherwise would not be allowed to up the price as they have done.

And have to wait until possibly December 14th? Wow!!! What a bargain!!!

Way too high. At least they could have thrown in one game or a controller or SOMETHING to make it easier to swallow. I am going to get a Wii for sure, but I wanted to get a PS3 for my sister and her kiddies for Xmas. Looks like I may get them a Wii too at this rate.

im sooo tempted... im gonna have to pass though. it makes it seem like 800 isnt a lot since we are seeing them go for like 1500 on ebay.

[quote name='sonarrat']This site is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow.[/quote]theyre probably getting pounded. dunno though. youre probably right its just really slow.

I bit. If something goes wrong, my credit card company is good about helping out.

I'll let you know how it goes. :)

[quote name='_RT_']I bit. If something goes wrong, my credit card company is good about helping out.

I'll let you know how it goes. :)[/quote]ive ordered stuff from them before, but im just wondering if and when they will actually ship the ps3. if they ship after christmas. i'll cancel.

The fact they haven't shut it down yet I take as a bad sign. Sounds like they are just taking as many orders as they can get - no way they will be able to fill them all.

I don't know why people get pissed about someone selling PS3's for more than MSRP of $599. After all, MSRP is "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price". If I were them, I'd probably do it too.

TBW

Honestly, I doubt a bunch of people have been waiting for E-cost to put up their PS3 orders...the only people that will get on it are people on this site and a few others. It's also retailing 200 bucks higher than it should be, so that's deterring a few more people.

anyone know if they charge your card immediately or put a "hold" on the funds before it ships? i just called and asked but the woman hung up on me...

[quote name='havuk']anyone know if they charge your card immediately or put a "hold" on the funds before it ships? i just called and asked but the woman hung up on me...[/quote]

FYI: ECost does bill your card immediately. I just checked my account.
Keep in mind, that if you do have a problem and decide to fight the charge, there is a limited amount of time to do this. 30, 60 days? I'm going to check my card account to find out what that timeframe is.
If there is no sign of the item being shipped near this deadline I will be canceling the order so that I can keep the credit card company on my side.

If their entire system is down, then that explains why I haven't received an email from them. I'll call tonight or tomorrow after the dust settles.

Called them. They are planning to get the ps3s december 14th, and so far they only have 230/250 ordered, so everyone who has ordered so far should still be getting it then. As long as its before Christmas.

i recently placed an order online, had it canceled, and recieved a 660 price over the phone. just wondering if they charge my card when the order is placed? will i have two charges from ecost? also, how hard would it be to dispute the charges?

thanks for the post OP! If this comes in before new years you just helped me get the best gift i could give myself this christmas! :p

there website says they will not charge until it ships
"
The product you have ordered is currently unavailable at any of our warehouse locations. This item may not have been available either when you ordered it originally or another customer’s order placed ahead of yours may have depleted the available inventory. We apologize for this inconvenience.
We will keep your order open and do our best to ship the item you ordered. Of course, we never charge your credit card, debit card or credit line until the product ships! If you would like to cancel your order, please send us an email at cancel@eCOSTcom.

I just don't understand why people feel the need to pay substantially more than the already high retail price to get one of these things. I'm not an Xbox fanboy by any means, but the Xbox 360 will have a much more impressive selection of games for the foreseeable future. Hell, you really could get an Xbox and a Wii and a few games or accessories for this price.

:shock: :shock: What:!: :?: :!: :shock: :shock: No lube, no deal:!: :!: At least a small bit of vaseline would make it easier to take.

[quote name='[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=35591"']frank21_1981[/URL]]there website says they will not charge until it ships
"The product you have ordered is currently unavailable at any of our warehouse locations. This item may not have been available either when you ordered it originally or another customer’s order placed ahead of yours may have depleted the available inventory. We apologize for this inconvenience.
We will keep your order open and do our best to ship the item you ordered. Of course, we never charge your credit card, debit card or credit line until the product ships! If you would like to cancel your order, please send us an email at cancel@eCOSTcom.[/quote]

That might be what the site says, but I can assure you there is a charge for the total pending on my card right now.

*EDIT* Quoted the wrong thing. lol

[quote name='Broccoli Storm']I think most of the people ordering are planning on selling them on E-bay...correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]
That may be true, but if they are selling them someone has to be buying them, so my point remains valid.

bread's done
Back