Eden Eternal

Skooljester

CAG Veteran
Was wondering if anyone here played Eden Eternal. It's new from Aeria Games and just entered Open Beta last week, with the Closed Beta running from June 2nd to June 12th. It's fun, but does not differ too greatly from other Aeria products, such as Grand Fantasia. However, it offers an interesting gimmick, the main reason I one, play so much, and two, continue to play.

The game allows you to change classes on the fly, from tank to DPS to healer, essentially eliminating the need for multiple characters. There's a base character level that unlocks some of the higher level classes (currently 15 in total I believe) as it increases, and a level for each class. Most higher level classes have pre-requisites that need to be met before they unlock, the second-tier tank class for example, it requires a base character level of 25 and the class level of the first-tier tank to be 20. Once those are met however, you can change to that class whenever you so please.

If anyone wants to check it out, the website is http://edeneternal.aeriagames.com and if anyone needs help just shoot me a note or whisper me in-game. I'm on the Aquamarine server and my IGN is Jestify.

Played and it the tutorial. Did not go any further. I'll probably post soon. Sort of reminds of FFXI in which you can have one character and try all the classes but this games seems a bit more dynamic.

Same server - Megazell

Oh, so it's kinda like Aeria's Dream of Mirror Online mixed with Kitsu Saga/Grand Fantasia? I was thinking about trying it out before, but I already have a huge backlog. But the class system sounds pretty decent. I think I'll download it soon.

The class system is what sold me on it originally. It's similar to FFXI's system, but there are a few differences. You don't have to do quests to unlock the jobs, it's all by level, and unfortunately you can't have dual classes, which was my other favourite feature in FFXI. However, you don't need to go back to you Mog House to change classes, you can change them on the fly which may be the best part.

It's pretty similar to Aeria's other games, so if you liked those you'll like Eden Eternal. I've played a decent amount of Grand Fantasia, and Eden Eternal differs in that each area has one or two dungeons that you need to team up to defeat and that's introduced from the get-go, there's even one in the beginner map. All the dungeons match the approximate level of the characters meant to be in the area, so it's not like you'll have to journey back to complete them once you're a higher level.

bread's done
Back