Edge Card Renewal Crap!

dinobot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
195 (99%)
Thought I start a thread to see how many ppl got screwed by gamestops' fuck up renawal program.

Recently renewed my edge card since I got a notice from gameinformer about subscription comming to an end. seeing as I've fairly enjoyed gameinformer, I went to local gamestop to renew the card. Thought the system would automatically renew the GI and edge after the old subscription ends. Well, I was totally wrong for both. My old edge card was suppose to end on may, so I expect my new card would end on may of 2009 but new card says ends at march/09. Seeing as the edge card was fuck, it made me worry about my GI renew subscription ( did not want 2 of the same mags to come next month ).

Called the CSR this morning and told him the issue, he looked up the account number and GI subscription was in fact overlapping. He fixed it (at least that is what he told me). But then I wanted to know how to fix my edge card.

Me: Who do I talk to about the edge card issue.
CSR: Nobody, the new edge card subscription starts from the day you renew it.
Me: Well, that is pretty stupid, I was never told by the GS employee about this, or else I would have never renew it this early.
CSR: Well, there is nothing I can do about it.

This is the most crappy subscription set up I've seen.

This doesn't surprise me. As if Gamestop would ever implement a renewal system that actually benefited the consumer. It's just another small way Gamestop steals your dollars.

You could've asked here before going to renew. I could've easily told you that it's renewed so it would expire the month that you renew, not when the card expires.

Yeah, it's a crappy policy, but you should had waited until May if you wanted to it to expire in May 2009.

[quote name='tangytangerine']You could've asked here before going to renew. I could've easily told you that it's renewed so it would expire the month that you renew, not when the card expires.

Yeah, it's a crappy policy, but you should had waited until May if you wanted to it to expire in May 2009.[/quote]

..... thanks, but if i knew this was their policy I would not be in this position. by the way, what should I be asking? "should I renew my subscription with GI/GS?" seem like a dumb question to me. it is like asking "should I take a shower?" LOL

Anyway, seeing how their policy work makes me believe the best time to renew is the very next month after the old subscription end. That way, you a new mag also.

Just thought I'd start a thread to inform others that don't know about this.

i asked my fave manager about this one time and he assured me the edge card + GI would extend 1 year after current expiration. he was probably more computer savy than some low level douche trying to fluff his numbers to score more hours.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i asked my fave manager about this one time and he assured me the edge card + GI would extend 1 year after current expiration. he was probably more computer savy than some low level douche trying to fluff his numbers to score more hours.[/quote]

Really? when was this? I renewed my card the past monday. :(

It sucks that you got screwed over by it, but whether I actually knew the policy or not, I've never found reason to renew the Edge card until I try to use it in store and find it's expired - unless you really love GI.

[quote name='botticus']It sucks that you got screwed over by it, but whether I actually knew the policy or not, I've never found reason to renew the Edge card until I try to use it in store and find it's expired - unless you really love GI.[/quote]

Not really, GI is something I'd read while I take a dump~ haha

I think that is probably what I'll do next year. freaking subscription end reminder. LOL

[quote name='botticus']It sucks that you got screwed over by it, but whether I actually knew the policy or not, I've never found reason to renew the Edge card until I try to use it in store and find it's expired - unless you really love GI.[/quote]

^that

yeah i always forget when i renewed the card anyways.. i don't care that much.. i wish it was like the old EB days where you spent 5 bucks on just the card.. not a magazine subscription (mind you, GI isn't a bad magaizne.. its just I don't need it)

Yet another reason to go with Game Crazy, I just wish they were on every street corner like EB is.

yup, i got screwed a few weeks ago like this. My Edge card expired in late April, so I renewed so I wouldn't miss any game informers, now I have about a month and a half overlap on my Edge card.

Wow, that's really bullshit and pretty much a scam. Figures GS would have such a horrible system that fucks the consumer, every other one of their policies does (other than a 7-day return policy on used games, no questions asked).

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Wow, that's really bullshit and pretty much a scam. Figures GS would have such a horrible system that fucks the consumer, every other one of their policies does (other than a 7-day return policy on used games, no questions asked).[/quote]

Actually, they said they changed that when I asked at a couple stores. Now, they track the number of returns you make by your info you give out when you return stuff and if you make too many within a set time, they limit or ban you from doing it.

At least, that's what I heard from a bunch of employees, don't know how true it is. But, I would imagine that they had a TON of people doing the no hassle returns after blowing through games in less than a week.

And yes, I was one of the people who had the 'overlap' too, when I went to renew my card which was set to expire in December and found out the new one was expiring in October of the next year instead.

I tried to bring in my receipt and have it corrected, but they said they 'couldn't do anything'.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Yet another reason to go with Game Crazy, I just wish they were on every street corner like EB is.[/quote]

Gamecrazy also has magazine subscriptions. I paid twenty bucks when some kid said I could get an additional 10% added to my trade in items. When I went through 1 hour of figuring things out, I said I want a PS3. He said it couldn't be used for that. ALL game stores are in it for the profit. They don't give a shit about any of us.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, they said they changed that when I asked at a couple stores. Now, they track the number of returns you make by your info you give out when you return stuff and if you make too many within a set time, they limit or ban you from doing it.

At least, that's what I heard from a bunch of employees, don't know how true it is. But, I would imagine that they had a TON of people doing the no hassle returns after blowing through games in less than a week.

And yes, I was one of the people who had the 'overlap' too, when I went to renew my card which was set to expire in December and found out the new one was expiring in October of the next year instead.

I tried to bring in my receipt and have it corrected, but they said they 'couldn't do anything'.[/quote]

They definitely keep track of how often you do it, and then it becomes more like 'questions asked'.

Even by the second one in a month, they started to hassle me a little, suggesting that 'maybe I should try rental'.

I'd explain the story of why I was doing that, but it's a little stupid and I'm a bit embarrassed to even admit it. :lol:

If the Edge or GC discount cards actually worked for systems, I would definitely spend that $15-20 or so. But, since the only Gamecrazy around here is 30+ miles away and I rarely buy stuff from Gamestop, it just doesn't make sense for me to get them.

bread's done
Back