Edge Card

coolflea216

CAGiversary!
Is that deal still offered where you can purchase just the Edge Card without the magazine subscription? I did it the last 3 years. There used to be a topic here with a form you printed up and mailed in with a check.

[quote name='coolflea216']Is that deal still offered where you can purchase just the Edge Card without the magazine subscription? I did it the last 3 years. There used to be a topic here with a form you printed up and mailed in with a check.[/QUOTE]

On the subscription card in the magazine there is an option to purchase just the edge card for $10.00. You can also call 612-486-6100 M-F 9am-4pm central time to order with a CC. If you would like me to mail the card to you just PM me your address and I will send it to you.

What? I asked this at GS a couple times and was always told I couldn't. That sucks. I already get Nintendo Power and PTOM. GI is terrible since they hype the 360 more than anything. Well this is good to know should I get the edge card again.

I still have copies of the older, $2 option card laying around in the basement. Someone had scanned them at some point.

Mine runs out next month. I don't think it'd hurt to send a check and see if they bite. Anyone try it recently?

[quote name='DPsx7']What? I asked this at GS a couple times and was always told I couldn't. That sucks. I already get Nintendo Power and PTOM. GI is terrible since they hype the 360 more than anything. Well this is good to know should I get the edge card again.[/QUOTE]

What. I only got one copy of GI when I got my card and I never got anymore for the whole year. Did I get ripped off by Game Stop.

[quote name='chickenbutt']What. I only got one copy of GI when I got my card and I never got anymore for the whole year. Did I get ripped off by Game Stop.[/QUOTE]

They entered your address in wrong, then. You're supposed to get 11 through the mail.

[quote name='ssj3pikachu']They entered your address in wrong, then. You're supposed to get 11 through the mail.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. Good thing I got my moneys worth of the 15 bucks by buying tons of used games all year :)

[quote name='ssj3pikachu']I still have copies of the older, $2 option card laying around in the basement. Someone had scanned them at some point.

Mine runs out next month. I don't think it'd hurt to send a check and see if they bite. Anyone try it recently?[/QUOTE]

Wait, what's this $2 option card xD Definitely don't buy $150 worth of used games from GS in a year...but I could definitely spend $20, lol!

[quote name='Brownjohn']I think the toilet reading material is worth $5, but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

[quote name='akalboy']Wait, what's this $2 option card xD Definitely don't buy $150 worth of used games from GS in a year...but I could definitely spend $20, lol![/QUOTE]

Game Informer used to have a re-subscribe card in the magazine that would be soandso for the magazine subscription and then had a checkbox for "$2 Edge Card"

I think it was meant as an add-on, not on it's own, but as of a year ago me and a lot of other CAGs successfully sent in a $2 check using these cards and got an Edge card in the mail.
So I was curious if they still just bite the bullet and give it to you.

[quote name='ssj3pikachu']Game Informer used to have a re-subscribe card in the magazine that would be soandso for the magazine subscription and then had a checkbox for "$2 Edge Card"

I think it was meant as an add-on, not on it's own, but as of a year ago me and a lot of other CAGs successfully sent in a $2 check using these cards and got an Edge card in the mail.
So I was curious if they still just bite the bullet and give it to you.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow! Wonder if they still do that? If so, I'm gonna need to find someone who gets the magazine for me to see if they have it for me to try.

[quote name='akalboy']Oh wow! Wonder if they still do that? If so, I'm gonna need to find someone who gets the magazine for me to see if they have it for me to try.[/QUOTE]

They only have them in older issues.

They've since corrected the problem and bumped the price up to $10.

But it's worth trying if you have any of the old ones laying around.

bread's done
Back