Edited Mods Lock please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have indicated payment arrangements before shipping. You're saying he's at fault because you wanted to make special arrangements, waited, but he payed the bill promptly?

Suck it up, it's just $5.

I can understand your frustration BeG, but be the better man and take the hit. Its only $5, the buyer really did have both of your best intentions in mind.

I did suck it up but not when he started making shit up. That's when I just wanted to cancel the trade. He made the mistake of sending it to the wrong email. Not me.

He posted,
"FYI,

This response was added by name withheld to the BTR:

My [name] keeps insulting me and calling me abad names. He's a real bully and
only trade with him if you want to get insulted and bashed continually. During
the trade, when I said that I couldn't send the day he wanted me to because my
mother was in the hospital, he told me that I should 'grow some balls' and 'let
the b*tch die.'

Obviously this isn't the kind of talk one wants to hear when their mother is in
the intensive care unit. So, trade with him if you want to have a
horrible experience."

I send him back his money and I asked him to send the games back to me. Now the mod of that forum banned me. I think he's been a subscriber on that forum for like 2 years and the mods are helping him. Plus the buyer has a history of slow responses and the BTR finally got him to reply.

So you had agreed to be paid via PayPal and didn't specify what PayPal address to use even though it was different from the one you were using to e-mail him back and forth?

As a buyer I always try to be very clear about what account I should PayPal money to (not just assume it's the one being used for comm.) But it's also really on you to make sure the buyer knows your PP is different from the e-mail you are using. I'd say it's not unreasonable for the buyer to assume it would be the same as your main e-mail if (1) You had agreed to accept PP for payment and (2) hadn't told the buyer that your main e-mail is NOT your PP e-mail. If either of those assumptions are wrong you might have a stronger case.

But I typically try to avoid this type of stuff by just putting a little 'So I'll PayPal the money to [email protected] when I receive the stuff.' in the trade log as a buyer or 'Please Payapl to [email protected].' in the trade log as a seller.

[quote name='Quillion']You should have indicated payment arrangements before shipping. You're saying he's at fault because you wanted to make special arrangements, waited, but he payed the bill promptly?

Suck it up, it's just $5.[/QUOTE]

The buyer stated he might pay money order or paypal. He didn't state which.

[quote name='wubb']So you had agreed to be paid via PayPal and didn't specify what PayPal address to use even though it was different from the one you were using to e-mail him back and forth?

As a buyer I always try to be very clear about what account I should PayPal money to (not just assume it's the one being used for comm.) But it's also really on you to make sure the buyer knows your PP is different from the e-mail you are using. I'd say it's not unreasonable for the buyer to assume it would be the same as your main e-mail if (1) You had agreed to accept PP for payment and (2) hadn't told the buyer that your main e-mail is NOT your PP e-mail. If either of those assumptions are wrong you might have a stronger case.[/QUOTE]

Third assumption that the seller doesn't know how he is going to receive payment?

Sounds like a case of not being clear enough on both sides of the trade. I tend to think that it behooves the payee to make sure the payer is clear on how to get the money out. PayPal was apparently part of the possible mix before you sent. I would agree that the buyer was somewhat stupid in this if it went down how you are saying.

That sucks that you had to FAX in docs. Did you lose access to the e-mail behind it as well? I always thought you could reset the password if you could send and receive e-mails from the account behind it, but I could be way off on that.

Additionally, any fees incured for password retrieval are YOUR fault. What the hell are you doing forgetting the password of an account thats (potentially) linked to your bank account?

[quote name='Kayden']Additionally, any fees incured for password retrieval are YOUR fault. What the hell are you doing forgetting the password of an account thats (potentially) linked to your bank account?[/QUOTE]

Yea what the hell am I doing when I don't even intend to use paypal at all. What's the point of remembering a password that I don't even use. Obviously its not linked to my account. Your assumptions are wrong.

One last thing. I didn't even give this kid my paypal address. He just looked up my profile and send it through there.

[quote name='Graystone']Simply your fault for not explaining how to pay.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's my fault for not explaining how to pay. How else do you pay? I accept Paypal or money order? What kind of explaining do you need? Yes, you should wait for me to give you the ok. Man that was tough explanation.

[quote name='beguile']Yea what the hell am I doing when I don't even intend to use paypal at all. What's the point of remembering a password that I don't even use. Obviously its not linked to my account. Your assumptions are wrong.

One last thing. I didn't even give this kid my paypal address. He just looked up my profile and send it through there.

Yea it's my fault for not explaining how to pay. How else do you pay? I accept Paypal or money order? What kind of explaining do you need? Yes, you should wait for me to give you the ok. Man that was tough explanation.[/QUOTE]If you don't intend to use Paypal, then why not close your old account? I wouldn't want to leave something hanging around with my personal information. If you're so worried about the issues that arise with Paypal, why even accept it as a payment option (even with your friend's account)?

I'm with the majority; you should have specified payment details before continuing with the transaction. You already said either was okay, so they probably just sent it ASAP (similarly to how one would on eBay). If he had decided to pay money order, he probably would have sent it straight to your return address or to your address given on the trading site. While there was certainly some miscommunication (I know I'd want to confirm where my money is going, as both buyer and seller), I don't think his assumptions were so out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back