El Shaddai $40 at Frys

[quote name='nietzsche74']I don't get it; it says shipping "unavailable"... Is it sold out?[/QUOTE]
The only reason I can think of why it currently says this is because it does not release until Tuesday. They may have something in their system that does not make it available for shipping until it releases.

[quote name='M00seKnuckle']The only reason I can think of why it currently says this is because it does not release until Tuesday. They may have something in their system that does not make it available for shipping until it releases.[/QUOTE]

But "No More Heroes" doen't release until tuesday, and that's available for shipping.

I cancelled my amazon order and went with this.

I hope I didn't screw the pooch and it takes forever to arrive, because I can see this dropping in price super quickly anyway.

I couldn't get into the demo, and my gut is telling me most gamers will be the same way. I've seen this advertised quite a bit, I don't know what the production numbers are but if they're putting that much money into advertising it I'm guessing it won't be that rare.

This one will drop quick, my prediction. Not saying anything about whether the finished product will be a good game, but I think $40 will be the norm in a month.

Just tried the demo. Game is fun. I need something to hold me over till gears 3. Probably head to Frys tomorrow but the only downside is its about an hour away.

watched some gameplay vids from the japanese version and i must say the demo certainly doesnt do it justice.
gonna pick this up in the morning, and since amazon raised the price back up, i might as well get frys to price match best buys price for no more heroes. 2 new releases for $70 and tax aint bad.

they need to pricematch this at bestbuy/amazon. i have too much credit to be buying from anywhere else(except maybe newegg/gohastings...)

Most likely Amazon will match via the inevitable "day 2 emergency bomb price cut" that they sometimes do which causes endless eye rolling for us that foolishly pre-order everything.

[quote name='themidnighter23']Is this worth game worth getting? what would it be compared to?[/QUOTE]

The best thing I could say about it is Okami meets Prince of Persia (2008). Kind of a risky comparison since so many people undeservedly bash on the 2008 PoP, but that's the best I can think of.

I'm gonna snap this up tomorrow, but I'm gonna price match it at Best Buy.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']The best thing I could say about it is Okami meets Prince of Persia (2008). Kind of a risky comparison since so many people undeservedly bash on the 2008 PoP, but that's the best I can think of.

I'm gonna snap this up tomorrow, but I'm gonna price match it at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Just read BB PM policy my, Score my Fry's store is 22 miles from my BB. Says the local retailer has to be within a 25 mile radius of the local BB store. Gonna have them PM it tomorrow.

too bad there is no frys around me. i want to support this game but i hadn't even heard about it until sunday and that is never a good sign for a game holding value.

I did not like the demo. I really didn't like the enemies and i thought they had too much health. The enemy mix and their Ai wasn't interesting so i got bored quickly. I guess Bayonetta and Vanquish really set the bar high in those areas.

But....Gametrailers and Eurogamer are my spots for reviews. IGN is undoubtedly the worst place for reviews so I always throw them out (and sometimes i yell at people that quote them ;) ). Anyway, EU kinda went fanboy on their review so im not sure what to think. On the other hand GT gave it an 86 which is really strong for a game of this genre. I'll have to watch the GT review before i pick this up. Here is the metacritic...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/el-shaddai-ascension-of-the-metatron

[quote name='orale1226']IGN gave this game a 5[/QUOTE]

I guess Ignition Entertainment didn't pay them enough money because Gametrailers gave it an 8.6 and Joystiq 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^did u actually go to each store or are you going by website stockfinders? im going to frys in 20 min to pick this up so i'll find out then if they have it.[/QUOTE]

Went to Best Buy itself and I was told they weren't able to receive the shipment yet along with the other BB stores in the area.

As for Fry's, I called the store and they gave me almost the same response: no shipment yet or whatsoever. Hmm...

[quote name='Japakneez']I did not like the demo. I really didn't like the enemies and i thought they had too much health. The enemy mix and their Ai wasn't interesting so i got bored quickly. I guess Bayonetta and Vanquish really set the bar high in those areas.

But....Gametrailers and Eurogamer are my spots for reviews. IGN is undoubtedly the worst place for reviews so I always throw them out (and sometimes i yell at people that quote them ;) ). Anyway, EU kinda went fanboy on their review so im not sure what to think. On the other hand GT gave it an 86 which is really strong for a game of this genre. I'll have to watch the GT review before i pick this up. Here is the metacritic...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/el-shaddai-ascension-of-the-metatron[/QUOTE]
2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

[quote name='kiwimonster']I guess Ignition Entertainment didn't pay them enough money because Gametrailers gave it an 8.6 and Joystiq 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.[/QUOTE]
I generally don't give any weight to IGN's reviews, but after playing the demo I'm inclined to think that 5/10 is more realistic than Joystiq's 4.5/5.

$40 isn't a bad price point I think for this game I enjoyed the demo. I may just wait and pick up Toy Soldiers tomorrow with The Maw for free, I just need something to hold me off till Gears 3!

Called Fry's again and they told me it was never sold-out in the first place, it's just the shipment's still on "ETA". I was suggested to place a rain check before Thursday because that's when the sale price will end.

Man, I feel like cancelling that Amazon pre-order was a huge mistake...

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Of course they didn't, it's not Call of Duty or Halo.[/QUOTE]

I love how people hate on a review site when the review score for a game isn't what they want it to be.

i would like to throw out a shout out for the interactive distractions podcast which is one of my favorite gaming podcasts. they interviewed shane bentanhausen from ignition this week and the game sounded pretty cool. if you are interested at all please give it a listen

[quote name='technicalstylez']^did u actually go to each store or are you going by website stockfinders? im going to frys in 20 min to pick this up so i'll find out then if they have it.[/QUOTE]

Any luck in the Fry's in your area?

Honestly, I didn't even know this is a game... I learned the title in one of the posts in the deal forum. At first I thought it was a CAG coined term... You know, like El Hoarado...

Still no email from Fry's, but it's in my Order History.

Update:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']^yep. just got back from frys (and fresh choice for a salad to go lol). Price tag says 59.99 but it rang up as 39.96. after tax came out to 43.36. huzzah.[/QUOTE]

Were there a lot of copies? I'm thinking of going to Fry's myself even tho the operator told me on the phone that they haven't received any shipment yet. Might just be sitting there.

yeah there were 5 left for ps3 and 6 left for 360. when i had the electronics dept girl ring it up to make sure it was on sale, she said "oh, you found one" which makes me think people called in and she is a dumbass. you might as well check instore for yourself. lucky for me frys is less than 5 min away so its not a big deal to just go there myself. hope u find one

bread's done
Back