Elder Scrolls Arena & Daggerfall (PC): Full Games = FREE

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Wait Notch hasn't released this game commercially yet why is it already free?

. . .

You see because of the legal battle

. . .

I'll go.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause:

You guys do realize that probably 90% of people on this site do not realize these have been free for years? A good game for free is a DEAL. Hence putting it in the deal section.

Known about this deal myself, plus it's been listed in the PC forum under the mega free PC games thread. Cheapy should make a quick list of free PC games or provide a link to that thread on the front page.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Known about this deal myself, plus it's been listed in the PC forum under the mega free PC games thread. Cheapy should make a quick list of free PC games or provide a link to that thread on the front page.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I don't think he cares two whits about PC games, especially when he doesn't get a cut of a sale.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I'll go.[/QUOTE]
I think that's for the best.

On your way, please help yourself to a nice Cease and Desist scroll, courtesy Bethesda.

[quote name='schuerm26']You guys do realize that probably 90% of people on this site do not realize these have been free for years? A good game for free is a DEAL. Hence putting it in the deal section.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I already knew about these free games... because of CAG and it's good to let other CAG'ers know of it, too. Deal's a deal! :D Thanks, TC!

[quote name='joeyshadows']I used to buy Elder Scrolls games, then I got them for free.[/QUOTE]
GF working at target has it's perks :D

I wonder if they would ever consider remaking the first two. I would love to play them but, um, a slightly more modern version.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Wait Notch hasn't released this game commercially yet why is it already free?

. . .

You see because of the legal battle

. . .

I'll go.[/QUOTE]
:golfclap::applause:

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I knew about Arena being released for free at some point but never caught wind of a freeware release for Daggerfall, ever... hmm.[/QUOTE]

Well that's odd because Arena and Daggerfall were made free at the same time as an anniversary thing and have stayed freeware since.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Hmm..thanks. Wish these games would be released on the Iphone appstore someday.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried playing them recently? They're hard enough to control with a mouse and keyboard.

Awesome, thanks OP. I still have the big boxed CD edition of Daggerfall around somewhere, but digitally seems to be the way to go nowdays.

ylbCN.gif

Arrggg Must resist free classic game download. must.... finish... metro 2033... before christmas.... will never get back to it.... must resist...... resistance failing..... must just bookmark it..... close the browser..... close the browser.... thanks op.

this backlog thing is harder then i thought, and Skyrim isn't going to make it easier.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Awesome, thanks OP. I still have the big boxed CD edition of Daggerfall around somewhere, but digitally seems to be the way to go nowdays.[/QUOTE]

Those are actually pretty valuable if you have it in good condition.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Hmm..thanks. Wish these games would be released on the Iphone appstore someday.[/QUOTE]

You know easy it would be to transition this to wii?

Seriously.

Loved these games when they first came out.. The riddles at the end of the first one, before we had internet stumped us for a while.

Good games for the time... back when it was teh Elder Scrolls "Trilogy".... yeah we can see how that worked out!

[quote name='martyback']Well that's odd because Arena and Daggerfall were made free at the same time as an anniversary thing and have stayed freeware since.[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia claims Arena was made freeware in 2004 for the 10th anniversary of the series, with Daggerfall following in 2009, presumably for the 15th (though this isn't explicitly stated in the article).

Unrelated, I wish I could get emails when someone responds to my comments directly.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Wikipedia claims Arena was made freeware in 2004 for the 10th anniversary of the series, with Daggerfall following in 2009, presumably for the 15th (though this isn't explicitly stated in the article).

Unrelated, I wish I could get emails when someone responds to my comments directly.[/QUOTE]

My bad then. For some reason I remember downloading both while waiting for Oblivion to come out.

bread's done
Back