Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Pics Added!!!

Otherguy676

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I have a question for all you PC gamers. I really don't play PC games outside of RTS, and today at a flea market I saw Daggerfall. I got it for a buck and was going to give it a try. I looked on Ebay by chance when I got to work today and it seems to be going for a decent amount of Cash. Thing is, is the one I got is brand new and sealed! Anyone know how much this may be worth. I can post pictures later. Is this game any good and worth keeping?

Pics at
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/otherguy676/images

Daggerfall is a great game, but it is probably pretty hard to get it running on a pc nowadays. I know I never got mine to work in XP. Didn't know it was worth money, I still have the complete box I might have to sell mine as well.

Might want to do a completed auction search on ebay with sealed in the title.

That's an amazing find. You can play it on XP with DosBox. I think I remember seeing a complete and mint Daggerfall go for $100+ on eBay, so at least that amount (probably much more).

[quote name='Technique']That's an amazing find. You can play it on XP with DosBox. I think I remember seeing a complete and mint Daggerfall go for $100+ on eBay, so at least that amount (probably much more).[/quote]

yeeee morggggggggg

don't you have arena?

GOOD FIND

Excellent Game! Played it when it came out (been a Elder Scrolls fan from the start) and recently played it again using dosbox on XP (or was it my vista machine...?)

That being said, sell it and buy a few games you want. I actually do this all the time. I go to thrift shops, find classic video games and every once in a while find a gem or two, selll them on Ebay and buy games I want. I now have a massive collection of classic games as well (that I will most likely never play).

Yeah, thats what I usually do to with console games, but Ive never had a PC game find like this. I am watching an ebay auction that is at $66 with 1 day left for a complete open copy. I may post min at a BIN price $20 over the price this wins for. I figure a sealed copy is worth at least $20 more than a used one.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Doesn't seem like it was a bad find for a buck. Is the game all randomly generated?[/quote]

Not most of it. The basic guild/religion quests are, as far as where they take place and which quest you get.. But the dungeons are static. The main/big quests are all unique.

I saw this at a local used store for like $5 used one time before I had any idea of what it is but passed on it and I always kick myself when I think about it.

I'd say sell it unwrapped on ebay. You won't enjoy it enough to open it.

I'm a long time hater of the Elder Scrolls series though.

[quote name='areacode212']If you want instructions on how to play it in XP, check out this thread:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=479044

I'm quite jealous--I would have loved to have found a sealed Daggerfall for a buck. I've never played it, but I always kinda wanted to, especially after playing Morrowind.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out after work. I have a disc only copy I've been wanting to play but couldn't get it to work on my xp machine. I'm doubly excited to play it now that I've tried Oblivion. Anybody know how well it holds up?

I found a website that had it available as a download to play through DosBox... can't find it now. I think it's legal, as it's copyright expired.

Apologies in advance that I can't find the site :(

Yeah, aren't the first two legally available for download from Bethesda? Maybe it's just Arena. Still, brand new and sealed for a buck is pretty awesome.

[quote name='Boseafus']Excellent Game! Played it when it came out (been a Elder Scrolls fan from the start) and recently played it again using dosbox on XP (or was it my vista machine...?)

That being said, sell it and buy a few games you want. I actually do this all the time. I go to thrift shops, find classic video games and every once in a while find a gem or two, selll them on Ebay and buy games I want. I now have a massive collection of classic games as well (that I will most likely never play).[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. Arena was pure gold when it came out. Still one of my fondest PC memories to date. Then daggerfall was a great follow up... there was that bug near the end that would corrupt your saves but beyond that a great game... Redguard never would run on my system and then came the game I would consider the breakout for the series. Morrowind, nice game great improvements. I have just recently picked up Oblivion for PS3 and had it for PC but was waiting for the next upgrade to play it... that probably wont happen now so i am glad I get to play through it on something. Plus the 42 HD TV is better than my 19" monitor anyways.

[quote name='gorgo']I found a website that had it available as a download to play through DosBox... can't find it now. I think it's legal, as it's copyright expired.

Apologies in advance that I can't find the site :([/quote]

It may have been legally available through the owners of the property, but no way it's public domain. Copyright expiration takes a very long time, like multiple lifetimes. Patents only last 20 years.

[quote name='gorgo']I found a website that had it available as a download to play through DosBox... can't find it now. I think it's legal, as it's copyright expired.

Apologies in advance that I can't find the site :([/QUOTE]

You sure it wasnt Arean. Bethseda offered that for free download with Dosbox instructions sometime back. It was right on their site, I am not sure if its still there or not now.

And to the question above I personally think it holds up well. Its a fun game, obviously the looks department its not going to hold its own, but it does a good enough job thats for sure.

* edit and I see Mr Lognfellow has beat me to the punch. Also of note dont BIN for $20 ove the closing price. I would start that bastard at $1 and watch it rack it up. Throw it on today for a 10 day auction ending Sunday night.

I really want to see the value. I've had a few people look at it and say that it is definitely factory sealed, right down to the cheap plastic on it that is ripping (like most older PC games). I may put it on ebay with a ridiculous reserve price and see how much it racks up. I am not hurting for money so I may just keep it as a centerpiece of a nice collection and unload it later. Ill put a picture on imageshack later.

I say sell it on eBay to some of those crazy people who don't open games.
(I've never seen the point in that)
Then buy a used,open copy for half the price ;)
It is a great game if your a fan of the Elder Scrolls series.

Keep it. Download a copy off of some torrent site, since legally you own the game, and you are allowed 1 backup copy on your hard drive. Play it. When you get bored of it (never; it's like 5 times more play than Oblivion and Morrowind put together), sell it on eBay. In 10 years, the price will most likely more than double, what with people losing their discs, breaking it, etc.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Check 1st post if anyone wants to see pics.[/QUOTE]

Do you want to see whats inside?

I have that and the hintbook at home. The only one I have ever sold was Arena and I regret that a lot.

I will try to get pics on Tuesday when ia m recovering. I have a few small projects tomorrow, should be able to take a quick picture.

1$? ONE DOLLAR?

Thats like buying a one dollar scratch off and instantly winning over $100. Hell this might even go for more!

The last copy on eBay that was complete sold for $70+ with shipping. *IMAGINE* how much a *SEALED* copy would go for! Hell you could probably ask for $200 BIN and I bet someone would buy it off you if It's sealed.

Sell it and if your really interested in the game just download as someone suggested since your allowed one back up. If you don't like it sell your copy, or at the very least if you do like it buy a cd only/cheap copy and enjoy the profit off of your sealed copy.

Keep it wrap is BIG BUCKS! My orginal copy is still lost in the house somewhere (unless it was "borrowed" by somebody way back when!).

If you search the web you will find someone that wrote some add on programs to play the game from win xp, no disc, no problems! No hassling DOSBox! Worth finding plus some great walkthru's solutions.

MGL

Thanks for all the feedback! When I sell it, I will add the link so everyone can see what it goes for. My gf also thought the box art is freaky, she told me to throw it away before I told her how much it may be worth:)

bread's done
Back