Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion- Collector's Edition: Xbox 360 Pre-order Deals

homerojay

CAGiversary!
I have been searching for good Pre-order deals for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion- Collector's Edition: Xbox 360, and these aren't the best, but they're alright.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion- Collector's Edition: Xbox 360

Edit: The Best deal yet is Overstock.com for $61.64 (see below)

DEAD: Family Video
http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=215542
$62.04 + $0.99 (cheapest shipping) Now $67.90

DEAD: BestBuy.com
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7520471&type=product&id=1127210799630
$64.99 + $1.99 (cheapest shipping) NOW $69.99

If you have a better deal, then post it.

Edit:
little_krampy posted a coupon deal in http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86503 for Overstock.com coupons.
"Add an item to your cart and check the 'Yes, I have a GC or Promo Code' box. Enter 73622, then continue onto the next screen. Now backup to the cart screen again, uncheck the box and check it again. This time enter 85704. Continue onto the next screen and you should see 10% off and free shipping."

Using this you can get 10% off and free shipping. Depending on your location, you may have to pay tax.
The total is $61.64 w/ free shipping coupon (not including tax).
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1844451

Edit 2: BestBuy deal is DEAD it is now $69.99
Edit 3: The free shipping coupon may be having problems. Has anyone else had problems with it?

Wow.. at first that seems like a lot of money.. but then again I remember paying over $65 for SFII Turbo for my SNES when it came out .. and somehow I think Oblivion cost a little more to develop =D

Just some info for would-be purchasers:

Collector's Edition includes the following bonus items:

* Pocket Guide to the Empire - A 112 page guide to every aspect of Tamriel, including its people, provinces and much more.
* Making of Oblivion Documentary - Includes a special behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of Oblivion.
* Septim Gold Coin - An authentic replicated Septim, the official currency of Tamriel.

Definitely seems like they added some value, rather than some cheesy stickers in a collectors box or something... list price for it is $69.99

[quote name='fraeone']Wow.. at first that seems like a lot of money.. but then again I remember paying over $65 for SFII Turbo for my SNES when it came out .. and somehow I think Oblivion cost a little more to develop =D

What's the list price on this? $69.99?[/QUOTE]

Ya but what about the inflating costs of living elsewise? Jobs are tougher to hold and come by, basic living expenses are higher. Food is much more expensive,etc.

I think you might have it backwards. Inflation means that $65 10 years ago is way more than $65 today. And the costs to develop a title of this complexity are huuuuge--many orders of magnitude more than it cost to make a street figher game.

[quote name='fraeone']I think you might have it backwards. Inflation means that $65 10 years ago is way more than $65 today. And the costs to develop a title of this complexity are huuuuge--many orders of magnitude more than it cost to make a street figher game.[/QUOTE]

i trade currencies for a living, the price of the USD is always changing. The price of oil controls everything. Cost of food, transport, how much an item is too ship, etc. The Fact that it takes alot more dollars now for basic needs means a 59.99 price tag is going to be trouble for these houses who make the games.

Games we're a basic luxury to begin with. Now you increase the cost of the luxury combined with the decrease of the value of the money we earn thanks to having less worth to us because of increase costs, makes me believe the the game devlopers are going about this all wrong to increase revenue.

The Elder Scrolls is the only game I can purchase for $60 and not cringe. I've had my 360 since launch, and this is going to be my first game because I refuse to pony up $60 for a video game unless that shit is EPIC.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']The Elder Scrolls is the only game I can purchase for $60 and not cringe. I've had my 360 since launch, and this is going to be my first game because I refuse to pony up $60 for a video game unless that shit is EPIC.[/QUOTE]

This is how i feel too...ive had a 360 now since a month from launch and i feel like i wasted my money. With tax and gas to pick up a game its almost 70 dollars. That's really steep and i just see my system sitting on the shelf.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']The Elder Scrolls is the only game I can purchase for $60 and not cringe. I've had my 360 since launch, and this is going to be my first game because I refuse to pony up $60 for a video game unless that shit is EPIC.[/QUOTE]

It definitely is gonna be something special. I agree completely. Even before, the only games I'd go the whole nine yards for and preorder, buy the collectors edition, and get the strategy guide at once were Halo 2 and Morrowind. Everything about Morrowind is terrific, and the guide is probably the best one I've seen. The only complaint I have about Morrowind is how hard it is for me to make a combat-effective spellcaster. That's just me though.
Oh..back to the topic:
Unless it's bugged beyond belief, I figure Oblivion is one of those games you'll play for 100 hours, and that's just for a character.
I'd almost go as far as to say I'd put down 70 flat for it, but then again, I'm on CAG.

I doubt that they will since those who made that order had call Outpost to confirm it or they would lose their order. I think it was a price mistake. However, on the other hand, Outpost could have another deal, but I highly doubt it will be $20 off.

Aside from the higher prices, I just haven't been that impressed with any of the launch titles so far, otherwise I probably would have been hounding all the local stores to get myself a console. Now that Oblivion is almost here however, it's going to be really hard to resist the urge to drop some serious cash on a 360.

But I guess I should buy an HDTV first.. yikes.

I think these are already some of the better preorder deals we might find out there.. I don't see anything below $60 happening that easily.

When should we order the game by, to get it shipped out the day it comes out? I'm trying to hold out a little longer before ordering

Thanks a ton for putting this thread together. I'm still waiting on a killer deal for the Collector's Edition, although I doubt I'll see one. Still not sure if I want to pony up the extra $10 though.

Good deal, but it seems collectors editions are rarely worth the extra cash in the long run. If the guide had a really awesome map, but really all the stuf from the guide will be readly available in the online guides, and oblivion forums. The coin is really cool though. This is one of the few games coming out in 2006 that I think is going to live up to all the hype.

This is the only 360 game that I preordered, and the only one that I either didn't use store credit on, or didn't buy used for $33.74. ~$57 shipped from Outpost.

This is a better collector's edition than most. Its worth the extra $10 that I didn't pay.

I remember a few years ago when Amazon used to clear out collector's edition PC games during their Friday sales.

I bought warcraft III and Morrowind collector's editions for 19.99 each and the Neverwinter Nights collector's edition for 29.99.

The good old days...

Holy crap this is going to be the best friggin game ever and as many said above this is THE title to own for the 360. I got so anxious when i downloaded the trailer from the marketplace that I even bought the stupid Icon and theme packs. But, I gotta say the theme pack is kick ass so if you have 150 points definitely buy it.

[quote name='oli84']Found one at superduperclub:

http://store.superduperclub.net/xb3-tk2-29897.html

58.99+2.99+1.99 cheap shipping.
So not as good as the rest of the deals above, but
Bizrate customer gold medal so you should be assured of good service.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think that's a good deal concidering superduperclub's good reputation. I would still like a better deal, but this is the game I've been waiting years for. Well, this and Zelda.

Well I'd advise staying clear of Family video. I'd had one heck of a headache during launch with them. They placed the hold on my card for the two games I bought for 110$ and then shipped one of the games when it showed up. Then when it came time to shipped the other game they never did. Two weeks went bye with it on store shelves and still nothing. I called them for the 100th time and demanded a explanation. I was finally told that my card was declined. I then imformed them no it wasn't and that I was looking at the hold on my account as we spoke. He told me sorry it was declined and they can't do anything about it and hung up. I was forced to get my credit card company involved and do a three way call. The cedit card company set them straight and forced them to release any hold on the portion of the order they had failed to ship. I then went to walmart and bought the game.

[quote name='fraeone']Wow.. at first that seems like a lot of money.. but then again I remember paying over $65 for SFII Turbo for my SNES when it came out .. and somehow I think Oblivion cost a little more to develop =D

Just some info for would-be purchasers:

Collector's Edition includes the following bonus items:

* Pocket Guide to the Empire - A 112 page guide to every aspect of Tamriel, including its people, provinces and much more.
* Making of Oblivion Documentary - Includes a special behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of Oblivion.
* Septim Gold Coin - An authentic replicated Septim, the official currency of Tamriel.

Definitely seems like they added some value, rather than some cheesy stickers in a collectors box or something... list price for it is $69.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, SFII cost over $65... but that was almost 15 years ago. Things have changed and $70 for a game now is ridiculous regardless of whether or not it's a "collector's edition."

[quote name='generalpatton71']Well I'd advise staying clear of Family video. I'd had one heck of a headache during launch with them. They placed the hold on my card for the two games I bought for 110$ and then shipped one of the games when it showed up. Then when it came time to shipped the other game they never did. Two weeks went bye with it on store shelves and still nothing. I called them for the 100th time and demanded a explanation. I was finally told that my card was declined. I then imformed them no it wasn't and that I was looking at the hold on my account as we spoke. He told me sorry it was declined and they can't do anything about it and hung up. I was forced to get my credit card company involved and do a three way call. The cedit card company set them straight and forced them to release any hold on the portion of the order they had failed to ship. I then went to walmart and bought the game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the imput; I still haven't ordered yet. Family Video doesn't seem too reliable. I might you get it from BestBuy; I've never had a problem with BestBuy yet. But still I want to save a few bucks.

Edit: The Overstock.com deal that I added today was the best option for me. I just preordered it.

[quote name='homerojay']Thanks for the imput; I still haven't ordered yet. Family Video doesn't seem too reliable. I might you get it from BestBuy; I've never had a problem with BestBuy yet. But still I want to save a few bucks.

Edit: The Overstock.com deal that I added today was the best option for me. I just preordered it.[/QUOTE]

With best buy you can get the videogame giftcard from the front (make sure you get the one that covers all systems) and save 5$. Then use your rewards cards and get points. Thats what I always do when I buy from best buy.

[quote name='fraeone']I think you might have it backwards. Inflation means that $65 10 years ago is way more than $65 today. And the costs to develop a title of this complexity are huuuuge--many orders of magnitude more than it cost to make a street figher game.[/QUOTE]
What he means is that it was easier to afford luxury products back in the SF:II days; the economy was just so much stronger.

while this is true about the inflation and developinig costs, the cd medium is much MUCH cheaper to mass produce than the cartridge format. Cds or dvds cost a few cents but cartridges cost dollars(at the time anyways) so pick your poison.

What the real problem is most publishing companies are run horribly. The videogame industry is bigger then movies and yet the videogame companies keep loosing money. The movie insudtry has been around for a long time and has learned how to make a profit. The videogame industry needs to do the same. Higher prices aren't the awnser to making the industry larger. Lower prices, competion, and diversty are pure and simple

This game is worth 100 dollars. You'll pre order a $50 game you'll put 30 hours into...You'll put 200ish hours into this game--still not be done, and probably barely explore the whole world.

This game was the sole reason I bought my 360, then it got pushed back so I just played everything else :p

[quote name='abhinav']Ok so i am realy getting interested in this again, is best buy still at $65?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but the BestBuy price went up to $69.99, but the overstock deal is still in effect. However, then you don't get your BestBuy Reward Card Points with Overstock or the gift card.

[quote name='homerojay']Sorry, but the BestBuy price went up to $69.99, but the overstock deal is still in effect. However, then you don't get your BestBuy Reward Card Points with Overstock or the gift card.[/quote]

Yeah i might just get it from overstock, but this is bullshit how this damn game is $70. I might just go with the regular version if i can.

bread's done
Back