Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Official Game Guide $11.99 Shipped

[quote name='Walt Jay']http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0761552766/ref=bxgy_cc_text_b/103-4095238-6295040?s=videogames&st=%2A&v=glance&n=283155

This game guide normally costs $19.99, but Amazon.com has it for $11.99 shipped. Shipping is free with orders $25 or more or free 2 day shipping for Amazon Prime members.

It looks like their supplies are dwindling since the expected ship date is now 7 to 12 days.

:cold:[/quote]

How much is shipping without the whole $25 thing? I have a $5 gift card which would lower it to $6 but shipping would make it what, $10?

[quote name='rodeojones903']Are there seperate 360 and PC versions of the guide?[/quote]

Nope. Just one guide for both versions.

[quote name='abhinav']How much is shipping without the whole $25 thing? I have a $5 gift card which would lower it to $6 but shipping would make it what, $10?[/quote]

I think shipping for books is normally $3 to $5.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Nope. Just one guide for both versions.[/QUOTE]

Cool, Im in for one. Good deal with the amazon prime membership i signed up for a few days ago.

I just saw this at Target. Seemed to be a pretty impressive guide. Full color, over an inch thick. I was mainly interested in lockpicking as I was hoping there was a trick rather than having to finesse it all the time. Turns, no trick, at least not in the guide :(

O great. They decide to drop the price AFTER my Amazon Prime trial last Thursday. It looks like I might have to pick this up with KH2 guide if I really want both guides.

I just ordered the guide and the game (PC version, DVD-ROM, non-CE) for $56 shipped. That's a damn fine deal, considering I would pay $55 for just the game if I bought it here in town at retail. Woot!

[quote name='rodeojones903']You dont. :D You use it for 2 months and 29 days, then cancel.[/QUOTE]

That's my plan. I just hope that I remember to cancel it. :)

[quote name='BasketCase1080']umm, cant people just use gamefaqs? Or is this the type of game thats just that in depth?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, saying that the game is in depth is an understatement. :)

Thanks OP! I picked up the guide and 2 school books that I needed, then realized that the two books didn't count towards the free shipping, so I had to go back and order Masters of Doom (good book) Pentagon Wars (funny movie) and 2 packs of Bubblelicious :D

[quote name='heavy liquid']That's my plan. I just hope that I remember to cancel it. :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, you can set it to not automatically upgrade. It's in your personal settings somewhere (too lazy to check).

FYI: When I ordered mine, it said the expected wait was 5 to 9 business days and it ended up shipping a 2 days later (not the next day, but the following one). So, even though the ad may say expected shipping is within 7 days, it's probably less in actuality.

:hot:

[quote name='Callandor']Actually, you can set it to not automatically upgrade. It's in your personal settings somewhere (too lazy to check).[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

For others who are wondering, go to My Account --> Subscriptions Management --> Manage your Amazon Prime membership --> Do not upgrade automatically

Also, I think the book was showing 'ships within 24 hrs' when I ordered it, but it still hasn't shipped yet. It's showing 'Delivery estimate: April 6, 2006 - April 10, 2006'. :( I was hoping to have it this weekend. Oh, well.

bread's done
Back