Elderly "bus monitor" harassed by children to the point of tears

[quote name='Vader582']What puzzles me is that harassing the old lady seems exactly like the kind of thing 4chan would do....[/QUOTE]

4chan / Anonymous / whatever you want to call them is too big to speak generally of. Like that whole "We are all Anonymous" thing. Yeah, some people on 4chan are the type that call in SWAT teams to random innocent people's homes. But a lot of 4chan consists of white knights who like to dish out their own brand of justice.

[quote name='drysushi']In Texas it is still legal to spank your children, and we all know whippings differ for offense. In Oregon, and apparently most states, it's illegal to spank. Which is ridiculous considering how many "mentally at risk" youth are in Oregon when in reality it's all behavioral and bad parenting.
[/QUOTE]

I would like to see how effective spanking is. I was spanked and it didn't really seem to change my behavior. I've known people who weren't spanked and they were just fine.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Disciplinary Actions? LOL.... Bet you they are going to get in school suspension for 1 or 2 days and a week off the bus. Parents will either bitch that the punishment is too harsh or be extremely embarrassed..and if they are responsible parents, they will trash their kids xboxs/ps3's as punishment. That's what I would do, after a good belting.[/QUOTE]

if they suspend those kids off the bus for the year like the lady said they should thats when you will see them get truly punished. their parents wont be happy about having to rearrange their schedules to chauffeur their asses around 5 days a week. seems like these days parents dont punish their kids until something they do inconveniences them.

[quote name='soulvengeance']I would like to see how effective span king is. I was spanked and it didn't really seem to change my behavior. I've known people who weren't spanked and they were just fine.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to say that it 's most effective way to modify behavior, it differs from child to child and parenting also plays a large role. Time outs were effective on me until i was older, at which point spankings worked better. There are too many influences, internal and external, on a child to say which parenting style is best. That is why raising children is trial and error.

[quote name='lokizz']if they suspend those kids off the bus for the year like the lady said they should thats when you will see them get truly punished. their parents wont be happy about having to rearrange their schedules to chauffeur their asses around 5 days a week. seems like these days parents dont punish their kids until something they do inconveniences them.[/QUOTE]

that would be a good punishment.

What percentage of the parents do you think are telling their kid "it's ok, it's not your fault."

50?

[quote name='confoosious']that would be a good punishment.

What percentage of the parents do you think are telling their kid "it's ok, it's not your fault."

50?[/QUOTE]

and that's when I will go and shoot the parents myself...I say it's more like 80%

[quote name='kodave']Reddit has raised over $400K for her. 4chan has tracked down those kids names, addresses, and phone numbers and have sent the kids death threats. Police have one kid's phone which has received over 1000 threatening text messages and over 1000 missed calls, which I can only assume are part of the 4chan threats.[/QUOTE]

So, let me get this straight. The internet justifies sending death threats and harassing kids because they harassed an old lady? Makes sense. Sure they deserve to be punished, but sending death threats and harassing kids isn't the way to do it. The fuck is wrong with people? The people sending the threats are no better than the kids themselves.
And why does this lady deserve $500,000? There are people that deserve it way more than this lady so hopefully she'll do the right thing and donate some of it to those people.

http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?id=http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/22/karen-klein-bus-monitor-tmz-live-does-not-accept-apology/

And she doesn't accept the apology. Seriously, is she two years old?

[quote name='perdition(troy']http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?id=http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/22/karen-klein-bus-monitor-tmz-live-does-not-accept-apology/

And she doesn't accept the apology. Seriously, is she two years old?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't accept it either. You damn well know those kids don't mean and first chance they get, it will happen again. Just not on camera.

[quote name='slickkill77']So, let me get this straight. The internet justifies sending death threats and harassing kids because they harassed an old lady? Makes sense. Sure they deserve to be punished, but sending death threats and harassing kids isn't the way to do it. The fuck is wrong with people? The people sending the threats are no better than the kids themselves.
And why does this lady deserve $500,000? There are people that deserve it way more than this lady so hopefully she'll do the right thing and donate some of it to those people.[/QUOTE]
She'll probably take the money and run. I have no problem with it if she does. She'll probably need to hire an accountant to handle any tax issues and a lawyer for any legal issues. Remember, she didn't solicit any donations; you should be more upset at the people that made the donations.

What boggles my mind is that the person that started the drive probably didn't think for a moment that the woman might be on public assistance and that any money she got would affect her eligibility.

[quote name='perdition(troy']http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?id=http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/22/karen-klein-bus-monitor-tmz-live-does-not-accept-apology/

And she doesn't accept the apology. Seriously, is she two years old?[/QUOTE]
Old age doesn't translate into wisdom and empathy. I don't blame her.

A written apology is pretty lame and forced, I don't blame her for not accepting it.

But I don't understand the donation thing. Hopefully I'll get mugged on tape someday so some hipsters throw me cash.

[quote name='slickkill77']So, let me get this straight. The internet justifies sending death threats and harassing kids because they harassed an old lady? Makes sense. Sure they deserve to be punished, but sending death threats and harassing kids isn't the way to do it. The fuck is wrong with people? The people sending the threats are no better than the kids themselves.
And why does this lady deserve $500,000? There are people that deserve it way more than this lady so hopefully she'll do the right thing and donate some of it to those people.[/QUOTE]

#1 Not many are trying to justify what tards on 4chan are doing. 4chan does what it does.

#2 Who knows how much she "deserves" but who cares if strangers want to give her money? It's no skin off your teeth. You can't really start picking apart things like "She doesn't deserve $500K for getting made fun of by teenagers. There are starving children in Africa!" because once you start prioritizing who deserves what based on the needs of humanity, your whole world starts to unravel. It is what it is and things are the way they are. If people gave a shit about starving kids in Africa over this lady, they'd give their money to Africa but that's not what they want to do.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the entire video. What's sad is I don't think these kids really feel bad about what they did. They probably feel bad they got caught and didn't get the response they were looking for by posting the videos online.

I don't think anyone should be sending their family or the kids death threats, joking or otherwise. Hopefully she can take some of that money and retire.

[quote name='Pliskin101']If you are referring to the alleged death threats and sick people harassing the KIDS by phone and other means I would strongly have to disagree.[/QUOTE]

Shrug. Disagree all you want. They threatened the woman, let them see what it's like. Those "KIDS" are in their teens, they are old enough to be responsible for their own actions. No mercy on these pieces of shit.

Don't agree with people posting the info of or harassing their friends/siblings/girlfriends/etc, but what can you do.

If the Internet were smart they'd buy her a fucking accountant. That money needs to be put into safe investments and protected. I hear her loser son wants to buy a car. If we see him driving around in an Escalade, then we know what the future will hold.

Seriously, what they need to do is invest that money wisely, and she can live comfortably on that large amount the rest of her life. (I said this to my wife and she said apparently the lady does it because she likes to do it, this was just a rare case) But, you know this meant she could continue to do it, and curse out all of the little fuckers talking shit about her. If she gets fired, who gives a fuck?

Well I hope with some of the money she actually does take a trip, out of the United States, possibly to Europe or Asia, etc. I only say this because a lot of people her age have never gone overseas or outside of the U.S. and I think it would be a great experience for her.
As for people bitching about her getting the money she didn't solicit it. Also I think the reason people are so ready to give her money is because she's older and they're shocked at the lack of respect she received. I think there are still some people around, such as myself, that have some respect for old people.

I respect the elderly, but that doesn't mean they're all good people. We know barely anything about that woman and people are throwing money at her.

[quote name='whoknows']I respect the elderly, but that doesn't mean they're all good people. We know barely anything about that woman and people are throwing money at her.[/QUOTE]

People can do what they want with their money, I could care less.

I would like to know if those brats got the discipline they deserved. Anyone in my old school would have had weeks of detention and been strapped hard across the palm. Of course that was overseas where they don't act like pussies.

bread's done
Back