Elebits and Super Swing Golf $37.50 shipped each

almasy82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I know we have a whole thread for this...but these just came in stock and will sell quickly imo. This is buy.com google deal. Go to buy.com add either super swing
http://www.buy.com/prod/Super_Swing_Golf/q/loc/108/203173692.html
or
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202884644&loc=108&sp=1&queryType=game
to your cart than add a filler (the lowest one I found was $2.50 w/ free ship)
http://www.buy.com/prod/Hamburger_Hill/q/loc/107/202507625.html
total with cheapo shipping $37.50 with 3 to 5 day $0.50 more
then of course checkout using google checkout for $20 off
I would jump early on this

I'm thinking about getting Elebits, but I don't know if I should yet.

Should I go for it? It's like $43 for me in California

THANKS OP! I didnt even realize that golf game was out. Picked that up along with Farcry... Was tempted to get elebits but i hear its more of a renter. Plus my wii backlog already consists of: zelda, red steel, call of duty 3, rayman, trauma center, and now golf/farcry

I don't think Elebits is worth more than $20, but a lot of people would disagree with me. from what I played the controls were a bit annoying and there was a ton of slowdown that no one seems to be talking about..?

[quote name='Apossum']I don't think Elebits is worth more than $20 or less, but a lot of people would disagree with me. from what I played the controls were a bit annoying and there was a ton of slowdown that no one seems to be talking about..?[/QUOTE]

I figure itll be one of those games i rent on a weekend when my girlfriends over. But that wont be for a while, since the game we play together now is trauma center, wii sports, and rayman.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']elebits is easily worth the $50 IMHO. great deal, the game gets very deep and complex, and damn long too.[/QUOTE]

I second that. Elebits is definitely worth $50.

I grabbed Elebits. My total came to $39.90 something with that VHS movie in the OP (it added $2.50 to shipping for me), so I went with a $4.99 Muppets Christmas cd instead, which came out to the exact same price. My advice is look for a $5 cd, book, or comic book that you actually want to use as filler. I wish buy.com had some cheaper fillers.

On a side note, buy.com has much better deals on comic/graphic novels right now than video games. The other day I ordered a hardcover copy of The EC Archives - Weird Science Vol. 1, which has a cover price of $50. The buy.com price is $30-something and with $10 off for Google checkout and free shipping, this worked out to $20.86 shipped for a brand new $50 hardcover. To give you an idea how good of a deal this is, I own a comic book shop and I can't get this book that cheap to resell. The publisher only gives retailers a 50% discount, then you have to pay tax and freight.

[quote name='Apossum']I don't think Elebits is worth more than $20, but a lot of people would disagree with me. from what I played the controls were a bit annoying and there was a ton of slowdown that no one seems to be talking about..?[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you saw it, but I did post about some slowdown on Mission 12. This is the big outdoor town mission. I didn't see it much before that. It is bad, but not unbearable. I still think the game is great. Anyone considering it, ignore the jackass EGM reviewers and read the IGN one Rictor posted.

I've been waiting on Super Swing Golf reviews, thanks for posting those. I'm tempted, but I have a hard time paying that much (even) in cash when I could still get it with EB credit (though at $50).

What I hate about buy.com is that they've started to depend on Google checkout and have eliminated their own coupons. I bought something from them once like 2 years ago and they pestered me ENDLESSLY with 10% off coupons to "get me back". Once this Google checkout business started they stopped those. What I want, of course, is the 10% PLUS the Google checkout ;). Plus Buy.com has horrendous shipping charges. Meh...

[quote name='doc005']I second that. Elebits is definitely worth $50.[/QUOTE]

I third this. It's a very quirky, cute little game. Easy to get into, and more complex than you'd think.

[quote name='kspiff']Hm. Do I get the Elebits plush if I order from them?

kspiff[/quote]

No, that was a PRE-ORDER bonus from select retailers, mainly EB/Gamestop.

Not sure if you can really call it a pre-order bonus if konami.com is still pimping the things with regular orders for the game. Or they overestimated demand.

I also figured if they were selling the bonus through the Konami web store that it probably wasn't an exclusive deal.

Meh. But for $50 + ship I don't need that crap. I'm tempted to bite on this deal.

kspiff

Buy.com is not a legitimate store. I will not purchase anything more from them.

God help you if there's a razor blade slice through your game cover. You cannot return it.

That is all.

Everytime I go to google checkout it still charges me shiping even if the item is free shiping. I can never get $37.50.

bread's done
Back