Electrician in the house?

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
Hi guys, I'm having some electrical trouble. Long story short, there's been a squirrel leaving in the compressor compartment of my squirrel for what looks like a few weeks (the freezer is on my balcony). In that time, he fucked everything up. All of the main parts are still OK, no compressor or tubing damage. But the littler fucker did manage to screw up the wiring. So I'm at this point: I know how to wire up the thermostat to the compressor, but I can't wire the power to the compressor yet. He managed to take the plug and wires that let me know which terminal was hot and which was neutral.

So my first question is: does it matter which is which?

Probably, so my second question is: how do I figure it out. For your reference, I'll include a photo of the starter that's hooked to the compressor. That might give a few hints.

starterjj.png

If you look, the red circles contain connectors for a fuse(?). The blue circle has some kind of weird disc that kind of looks like a watch battery. And the green circle is my focus. Those 2 pins are the pins that are hooked to the power, but I don't know which is which. The arrows represent the 3 prongs on the compressor (this whole piece slides onto the compressor). As you can see, the front connector in the green circle is wired to the fuse and weird disc, while the back connector connects directly to the compressor. I'm sure there's a way to tell which is which, but I'm clueless. If anybody could help, I'd really appreciate it. :)

bread's done
Back