Electrictroy's Whine And Bitch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[edit]

OPINION PLEASE - Seller charges me $4.00 ship + price for 2 videogames. Okay.

He goes to the store, buys the games for me, and then suddenly he adds an extra $6.50 "handling charge" that was not advertised in the original deal. Does he deserve a neg? Or neutral?

I'm leaning towards neutral, because he was kind enough to get the games for me, and they look great condition, but I don't think it was fair to suddenly tack on a $6.50 handling charge. I should have been informed *up front*.

EDIT - (Also now that I think about it, the $4.00 ship was excessive too, considering it only cost $1.50 postage + $0.50 envelope = $2.00 overcharge.)

troy

I don't see why you would still buy the games from a guy that would suddenly throw another charge on his fee. Any legit seller (or even just any real man) wouldn't agree to a price and then have the audacity to ask for more when it's time to finish the deal. Unless I'm missing something here, these must have been pretty rare games. I'd have told him to shove the games up his ass unless it was for the price agreed before.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='electrictroy']OPINION PLEASE - Seller charges me $4.00 ship + price for 2 videogames. Okay.

He goes to the store, buys the games for me, and then suddenly he adds an extra $6.50 "handling charge" that was not advertised in the original deal. Does he deserve a neg? Or neutral?

I'm leaning towards neutral, because he was kind enough to get the games for me, and they look great condition, but I don't think it was fair to suddenly tack on a $6.50 handling charge. I should have been informed *up front*.

EDIT - (Also now that I think about it, the $4.00 ship was excessive too, considering it only cost $1.50 postage + $0.50 envelope = $2.00 overcharge.)

troy[/QUOTE]

The $4 to ship is reasonable for 2 games. Him trying to extort an extra $6.50 isn't right.

I'd get the games and neg him.

Well.... if he had charged me ACTUAL shipping charge ($1.50) and then said, "Hey I need some extra money to cover my gasoline to drive to the store + buy a bubble envelope"... I could understand an extra handing fee. Makes sense.

BTW, to be fair, they ARE rare games. On Ebay they sell for ~$75. I only paid $25. Maybe I should just be happy I got them so cheap?

troy

[quote name='Kuros']The $4 to ship is reasonable for 2 games. Him trying to extort an extra $6.50 isn't right.

I'd get the games and neg him.[/QUOTE]
Exactly 4.00 for two games is quite good. You got to remember he is on the hook for ebay fianl value and paypal fees. I think it's fair to figure part of them into shipping costs

[quote name='electrictroy']Well.... if he had charged me ACTUAL shipping charge ($1.50) and then said, "Hey I need some extra money to cover my gasoline to drive to the store + buy a bubble envelope"... I could understand an extra handing fee. Makes sense.

BTW, to be fair, they ARE rare games. On Ebay they sell for ~$75. I only paid $25. Maybe I should just be happy I got them so cheap?

troy[/QUOTE]

What is your ebay ID? I just want to make sure I blocked you before you even attempt to bid on my auction. :beer:

My ebay sales related quote of the day. I got it today :

"I am in need of little help. I am having a hard time in this game, I can play it good, but I want to get better. Since you have previously played it, have you done Level 2 or 3 matches? Its just I hate it when I try to steal, they cross over really fast, giving me no chance. Is there any good strategy to beating LVL 2 or 3 teams?"

[quote name='electrictroy']

troy[/QUOTE]

I'm a little confused by this. You say the $4 is excessive, but you charge $4.88 currently on your ebay items. If the $4.88 is not excessive then how is $4?

[quote name='greendj27']I'm a little confused by this. You say the $4 is excessive, but you charge $4.88 currently on your ebay items. If the $4.88 is not excessive then how is $4?[/QUOTE]

If you re-read what I wrote, I said $4 >ship< was excessive. $4 >ship + handling< is not.

troy

[quote name='camoor']F that, the guy wants him to pay an extra $6.50 that wasn't agreed upon beforehand. ET is in the right.

However if he agreed to the $4 shipping charge, then that's a done deal.

The only time I disagree with shipping is when it's obviously excessive (IE $25 shipping on a game worth $5 in order to make it look like a deal)[/QUOTE]

Look, I sent off Super Mario World and Metroid Zero Mission both for GBA new and sealed. I told him quote from the PM.

[quote name='allout1986']Well, didn't expect it to be as cheap as they were, they rang up for a total of $24.55. Shipping will most likely be $4 for it, so $35 even and you get both games shipped. If it sounds good, let me know.[/quote]

He agreed to it so we went with it. Paypal fees with shipping was about $4 so that is where that is at. I never said... oh yeah, an 6.50 needs to be added after the fact that I gave a total. I didn't do anything wrong as I said the price, wasn't offered any different, and now it's done. The games were shipped out on the following day of payment and were packed so they wouldn't get squished/ruined. If I made a mistake, let me know where, because it was said beforehand... $35 even and you get both games shipped.

[quote name='allout1986']Look, I sent off Super Mario World and Metroid Zero Mission both for GBA new and sealed. I told him quote from the PM.

He agreed to it so we went with it. Paypal fees with shipping was about $4 so that is where that is at. I never said... oh yeah, an 6.50 needs to be added after the fact that I gave a total. I didn't do anything wrong as I said the price, wasn't offered any different, and now it's done. The games were shipped out on the following day of payment and were packed so they wouldn't get squished/ruined. If I made a mistake, let me know where, because it was said beforehand... $35 even and you get both games shipped.[/QUOTE]This was a deal through CAG? So much for helping out a fellow CAG. Your side of story sounds perfectly reasonable; you didn't do anything wrong (except maybe tell him the actual price so he knows how much is going for your troubles). Troy has a tendency to dress up his stories and put things out of context. It sounded like he was talking about eBay troubles again (...plus, this thread is in the auction forum after all).

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']This was a deal through CAG? So much for helping out a fellow CAG. Your side of story sounds perfectly reasonable; you didn't do anything wrong (except maybe tell him the actual price so he knows how much is going for your troubles). Troy has a tendency to dress up his stories and put things out of context. It sounded like he was talking about eBay troubles again (...plus, this thread is in the auction forum after all).[/QUOTE]

Well, I recieved a PM stating he asked several CAGs on the forums, so I thought that I would find the thread and it ended up being here. So I thought I should throw in my story. I guess I didn't need to say the actual price.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']This was a deal through CAG? So much for helping out a fellow CAG. Your side of story sounds perfectly reasonable; you didn't do anything wrong [/QUOTE] Is there a forum to discuss Bad Cag Trades? I searched but couldn't find one.

My main objection was HOW the deal proceeded (paraphrased):

SELLER: I saw the games at Sears for about $10 each & will charge you the price on the ticket.

ME: Okay.

SELLER: I got the games. Oh by the way, I'm charging you $10.50 more than the ticket price.

ME: Why?

SELLER: $4.00 ship + $6.50 for my own profit.

I agreed to the "price on the ticket" and then suddenly he's tacking on an extra handling fee. $4.00 for ship is reasonable, but what's this extra $6.50 for?!?!? Obviously I was surprised. ---- Anyway, if you guys think what the Seller did was okay, then I'll leave a positive.

[quote name='electrictroy']I agreed to the "price on the ticket" and then suddenly he's tacking on an extra handling fee. $4.00 for ship is reasonable, but what's this extra $6.50 for?!?!? Obviously I was surprised. ---- Anyway, if you guys think what the Seller did was okay, then I'll leave a positive.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, instead of entirely threadjacking, I'll just get shrike and see if he can sort this through. By the way, there wasn't an agreement for price on ticket.

[quote name='electrictroy']Is there a forum to discuss Bad Cag Trades? I searched but couldn't find one.

SELLER: I saw the games at Sears for about $10 each & will charge you the price on the ticket.

SELLER: I got the games. Oh by the way, I'm charging you $10.50 more than the ticket price.

I agreed to the "price on the ticket" and then suddenly he's tacking on an extra handling fee. $4.00 for ship is reasonable, but what's this extra $6.50 for?!?!? Obviously I was surprised. ---- Anyway, if you guys think what the Seller did was okay, then I'll leave a positive.[/QUOTE]

Bleh.

[quote name='allout1986']I'll just get shrike and see if he can sort this through.[/QUOTE]

No feedback for you.

There. Got a solution.

[quote name='electrictroy']Is there a forum to discuss Bad Cag Trades? I searched but couldn't find one.

[/QUOTE]

Don't paraphrase. Just post the excact conversation. (In a new thread, perferably.)

$4 ti ship to brand new GBA games? No way. It must have been atleast $6-7 to make sure they didn't get squished/destroyed. Considering the fact he took his own time to purchase the games (and with another $2 in taxes) and then package them up and mail them to you, its hardly unfair.

2 gba for 4 is reasonable. Theres a box I buy from walmart that fits those perfectly and 2 can fit fine with padding to protect.

The issue was the $10.50 Ship + Handling fee. If this was Ebay, $10.50 would be considered excessive. But maybe the rules are different for a CAG Trade? I honestly don't know. Never done it before.

Don't paraphrase. Just post the excact conversation. (In a new thread, perferably.)
I can't do that. Posting private emails would be a rule violation.

I'm just going to drop it.

If you didn't want to pay the hiked charges you simply shouldn't have paid. I'm sure another CAGer would have wanted them.

If you still ended up with a great deal, why bitch about this publicly?

Troy, I moved your threadjacking to a new thread, in the CAG Trading forum, where such issues go. Don't threadjack something in the Game Auctions forum, when it's not an auction that you're talking about. As you were so vague your OP (which is now the OP for this thread), no one had a fucking clue that this was a CAG trade that was in question. So, I remove this junk from Stink_Pickle's thread and tossed it in here, with an appropriate title.

First off, I've been sent a PM from allout1986 about this, and from what he's paraphrased for me, you agreed to the terms of the deal and you're backing out of it because you're complaining on price. I've asked for him to forward me all relavent PM's that he has, so I can look them over and see what discussed. If you'd like to do the same, feel free to send them along to me, unedited.

Secondly, as I've seen such a detail-oriented behavior with every single thread you've posted in the Game Auctions forum , I thought you'd have the shipping and handling charges calculated to six decimal places and have the exact total in hand, which you'd agree to when you though it was reasonable to you. If you agree to a price, you get the items, and then you decide it's too expensive, you're beyond the point of no-return. Since you both had zero feedback, you both should have shipped at the same time, you sending money and him sending items. Since you normally deal in Paypal, and you flashed your Ebay feedback around, I'm sure you had allout1986 agree to ship first.

Third, if you think the handling charge is too excessive, or the shipping charge is too excessive, then you work those items out before items or money get sent. If there's an issue with the condition of the items, or they're not all the items in question, then that's one reason to complain. If they're what was described, in the condition they were described in, and you're complaining because the cost is too much, then you're beyond the point of no return there. If you agreeded to it, send the money you agreed to send.

Fourth, a negative feedback isn't appropriate for this situation. You had the items sent to you, AFAIK, they're in the condition they were described in, and allout1986 shipped first, then you have no right to drop a negative. Negative feedback is only used for completely blown trades, such as scams (no items send for money received), damaged in shipment items without any replacement, completely misrepresented items, or things like that. At worst, a neutral would be appropriate, only if things remain less than 100% resolved between the two of you. He shipped first, the items were as described (AFAIK), and you have them? That sounds like a positive to me, since you did agree to the terms of the deal. If you don't want to leave feedback over it, that is your option, though it hurts you as well as allout1986, since neither one of you would get your first feedback.

Finally, if you have issues with trades, the correct thing to do is to PM a mod (myself preferred, though any mod can interject themselves into this type of situation) and let them know what's going on, like allout1986 did. Public villifactions are frowned upon, though they have their places, such as for all-out scams like we've had with some CAGs in the past, not for a little whining issue with price, that you already agreed to pay. Certainly threadjacking another CAG's thread isn't appropriate in any case.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to PM. My advice is to go work it out with allout1986, and in any case, unless I see differently, you're trying to have your cake and eat it too. If you agreed to a price, have the items, and are complaining about it after the fact, that's really bad form. Just my $0.02.

[quote name='electrictroy']The issue was the $10.50 Ship + Handling fee.

I'm just going to drop it.[/QUOTE]

What part of Sentence #2 did ye not understand? I had decided to DROP IT and someone (a mod?) blew it up into a huge spectacle. That was not necessary.

I just won't leave feedback.

The end.

[quote name='electrictroy']What part of Sentence #2 did ye not understand? I had decided to DROP IT and someone (a mod?) blew it up into a huge spectacle. That was not necessary.

I just won't leave feedback.

The end.[/QUOTE]
See, this is where it doesn't make any sense. I've seen is a "money is sent" PM (which I've just found out is for the $35 you agreed to), followed by a few more saying you're happily open up commentary on this to the general populace, in the wrong forum.

And this isn't blowing things up, this is giving you an understanding of how it works in the trading forums. It's not Ebay, so I'm sure this is a new thing for you.

Don't make any promises you don't intend to follow up on. And get everything sorted out up front. Bitching about it after the fact, when you've already paid the money to the seller, just seems petty. Very petty. If you think it's too much money, work it out up front and not after the fact.

[quote name='electrictroy']The issue was the $10.50 Ship + Handling fee. If this was Ebay, $10.50 would be considered excessive. But maybe the rules are different for a CAG Trade? I honestly don't know. Never done it before.[/QUOTE]The $6.50 he added can be considered his profit AKA the motivation for him to go out to the store, buy those games, and ship those games to you aside from his own goodwill or CAG comraderie (instead of eBaying them for his own much greater profit). In eBay, all profit is supposed to go into your final value, not shipping & handling... hence, the distinction between price of item and S&H (where the latter has no fees). That's the difference.

I love this website. :)

Shrike, good job. Well handled and well put. I couldn't agree more. I can't understand how Troy thought that airing out his dirty laundry here on the forums would bring any resolution to his situation.

Word.

owned10.jpg

bottom line is there shouldn't be any problems IF all your pms/emails outline in detail how much was to be paid for which games. once that is agreed upon and games are sent, there is not going back imo...nor is there any refusing of the items after figuring out you may or may not have paid too much. if you refuse the games, then you open yourself to a whole other set of instructions on how to proceed next.

[quote name='mykevermin']electrictroy grousing about being overcharged for shipping makes me giggle. A lot.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I remember reading a thread every week this summer where he was rationalizing $8.00 shipping and handling for one DVD or game (and through Media Mail, at that). For two GBA games, I'd assume he'd charge about $16.72.

The only reason I don't ignore him is because, much like slidecage, his sheer stupidity provides more entertainment than money could ever buy.

[quote name='defiance_17']
The only reason I don't ignore him is because, much like slidecage, his sheer stupidity provides more entertainment than money could ever buy.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but you can still read the posts of users you ignore. I find the feature allows me to limit the number of his posts to a level that's amusing without allowing him to ruin certain topics.

[quote name='defiance_17']The only reason I don't ignore him is because, much like slidecage, his sheer stupidity provides more entertainment than money could ever buy.[/QUOTE]Dude, I know what you mean... it's like watching a car accident. I was doing okay ignoring ET for a while, but it's hard when he makes a lot of threads. I stopped once he got momentarily banned here and started wreaking havok on the eBay forums :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't make any promises you don't intend to follow up on. [/QUOTE]

I said I don't understand how CAG trading works. I don't see why it's necessary for you to be insulting ("troy's whine/bitch thread"). That was not necessary.

What the hell. I'll give him his positive feedback. My two nephews loved the Mario World & Metroid games, so it was worth the $35 pricetag.

troy

Somebody tell me, is it worth unignoring Electrictoy to read this or is he just doing the same thing he did in the auction forum over here in trading now?

[quote name='joevan']Somebody tell me, is it worth unignoring Electrictoy to read this or is he just doing the same thing he did in the auction forum over here in trading now?[/QUOTE]

If that included douchery, then yes, its the same.

[quote name='joevan']Somebody tell me, is it worth unignoring Electrictoy to read this or is he just doing the same thing he did in the auction forum over here in trading now?[/QUOTE]
same thing. Not worth unignoring.

[quote name='craven_fiend']If that included douchery, then yes, its the same.[/QUOTE]

ah douchery, yes indeed if I recall correctly

[quote name='AngellicLulu']same thing. Not worth unignoring.[/QUOTE]

bummer. I was hoping for thoughtful insight on the correction of flaws in the CAG trading system.

[quote name='electrictroy']I said I don't understand how CAG trading works. I don't see why it's necessary for you to be insulting ("troy's whine/bitch thread"). That was not necessary.

What the hell. I'll give him his positive feedback. My two nephews loved the Mario World & Metroid games, so it was worth the $35 pricetag.

troy[/QUOTE]
There's a whole FAQ section that outline the trading process, save issue resolution, which is something pending among the mods. Should make things pretty clear (and if not, as I wrote it, I'm always happy to accept feedback on it).

Frankly, if you have objections to the title of the thread, you can blame yourself. You threadjacked a thread that people said was in the wrong spot, plus you could have easily made a new thread (which you're often doing anyway), which would have had the same info come to you, discussions like this belong in the trade forum.

I'm glad you're providing positive feedback, since it should get you one in response, since you did pay and paid in full. Just please take the advice to get everything cleared up before anything changes hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back