Electroplankon is seriously this rare?!

I was at a gaming convention last weekend and there was a copy there for 60 bucks. Someone eventually bought it too. Looking at those prices, 60 bucks is apparently a bargain

Amazon's prices for rare games tend to be higher than ebay's

Wasn't the retail price when it came out practically $60? This isn't that much of a markup for a game that you can't buy in a store anymore (you barely could when it was released, even).

Really pisses me off that I didn't snag a copy from Nintendo's store thinking it would show up in B&M stores or other online shops for less.:whistle2:(

[quote name='62t']the retail price was $29.99[/quote]$34.99, unless I'm mistaken. Cost me $39.99 shipped from Nintendo.com. Sort of wish I had kept mine, but I wasn't going to get $50 use out of it. I'll wait for Electroplankton 2. :D

I pre-ordered the game, and I thought I was going to keep it to end up selling for a good profit later on...but the game was so bad that I ended up selling it for about $40 to some guy on TGN.

I just picked this up at the Gamestop B2G1 sale along with Castlevania PoR and Contact. Ended up paying about $58 for all 3 after using the edge card. I picked up Electrplankton on a whim cause I had heard some buzz about it. It's not really a game though. It's just something to have fun and mess around with. Interesting concept, but I don't understand all the fuss over it. I do enjoy playing it though.

Great game as long as you don't go into it expecting a real game. That's where most of the bitchy 'this game blows' comments I've seen stem from. If you take it for what it is, a music toy, it's quite fun.

I bought it from Nintendo when it released in the US, but at the current prices you're better off importing from Playasia. $50 (or maybe even $40 by now, don't feel like looking it up) and you get some headphones with it. Better than buying the US version for $60.

People have gotta stop using Amazon to determine rarity/value. Just because a couple copies are listed there for $90-$100 doesn't mean they'll ever sell at that price. Used copies rarely ever sell for more than $50-$60.

i bought the game from nintendo.com the day it came out and i have no regrets. i know i could sell it for quite a profit but i never would because i love it so much

As to Nork, you are a cool member over at DP but I have to disagree with you. I just sold a complete copy of electroplankton for $90 on amazon less than a week ago. Things sell for crazy amounts on amazon. ESPECIALLY strategy guides. This is NOT to say people should use amazon as a judge of worth, though. If it is up that high for a game, chances are it will sell if there are several up and it has at least some demand and they are all priced similarly. Amazon is crazy and makes no sense (lot of items way too high, but just as many too low).

As for electroplankton, it pulls about $50-$60 complete on ebay in MINT condition. Sealed it has been pulling $100 or so recently. Higher than it should pull, but it is getting harder to find so it does make some sense.

[quote name='botticus']$34.99, unless I'm mistaken. Cost me $39.99 shipped from Nintendo.com. Sort of wish I had kept mine, but I wasn't going to get $50 use out of it. I'll wait for Electroplankton 2. :D[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I put the money I got from that towards a real game.

But it was fun for awhile to annoy the shit out of my ex.

It appears shallow from when i played it. But I have my copy (traded from here) and plan on keeping it for the long haul... mainfly for no other reason than I can I guess.

I forget which one, but thanks to CAG, I picked this title up new, from some website for $25 (and free shipping, I think) back when it was first released. Whoo!

bread's done
Back