ELectroplankton (NDS) Available In-store at Nintendo World NYC

sswan117

CAG Veteran
As an employee of Nintendo World, we have 96 copies for sale right now in store as of Monday Morning 1/9/06. We are the only store selling it retail as the rest are online only. If we run out, rest assured we will most likely get another shipment but that would be it. I will keep you guys updated on how stock is going as the week goes on.

No headphones, just the game. I picked it up today during lunch as did two other guys who were in front of me in line.

Is there a one-per customer limit?

I'm coming into NYC from Pittsburgh next week and want 3 cpoies, 2 for friends, one for me.

There is a 2 copy limit. We had people during Xmas buy 15 DDR Mario Mix went word got out we had 500 in stock. This time it's just as rare to find the game it seems.

Thanks for the update, I'll make sure to let my two friends know that one of them will be purchasing online.

Off topic, are there any new goodies/pins at the NYC store? I was last there mid-Dec and got the little famicom toy cube and the mario kart pins. The store needs more cool useless stuff!

Off topic, we have Mario Party plushes of most of the characters (Not Waluigi, Daisy or Toad), we have Mario Family figures coming in soon,Nintendo Power Mints in a Controller Tin, and Mousepads. That is most of the new stuff.

Is it true DDR is discontinued? I asked some guy that worked there about it and he said they're out of stock and it's discontinued. I thought Nintendo was going to rerelease Mario DDR at some point this year.

too bad i missed the mario strikers tournament. didnt know until i found out yesterday looking through the website. so, how was the tournament? what did they win?

Electroplankton stock is now less than 15. On the side, DDR Mario Mix is NOT discontinued. Much like the Xbox 360, they are biding their time before the next production run. Most of the tournaments we hold they win free games and a Gamecube all the way down to a Nintendo hat.

Damn, do you think you'll have any left on Friday?

EDIT: If they don't have a copy when I visit on Friday, guess I'll have to order online =/

[quote name='rain24']Electroplankton is this the limited edition one that comes with that banging case and etc.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='encendido5']No headphones, just the game. I picked it up today during lunch as did two other guys who were in front of me in line.[/QUOTE]

In other words, no

UPDATE

We just received another 144 units of Electroplankton in stock on Monday 1/16/06.

There is no US Limited Edition, it is just the standard game for $34.99.

Sswan117, Thanks for the inside info! Got my two copies early this morning.

To help clarify things, the US release is not in the shiny outer cardboard box, no headphones, but DOES have a beautiful shiny insert cover.

The manual is Toshio Iwai's original design, translated into English. Basically, it's filled with cute little doodles that explain how to use the Plankton.

A must grab for Big N fans, you may be turned off by reviews and the whole "Is it a game?" factor, but you can hand it to your grandma and she can use it. It's a great thing to have on hand to show off the awesomeness of the DS. :hot:

anybody wanna do me a favor and pick one up for me (godamn estarland took it off their site) and i dont like going into the city to much...i will pay $40 shipped or trade some games from my tradelist

bread's done
Back