Electroplankton(NDS) in stock at Amazon.com [free shipping gone]

SaraAB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Thanks OP... sad thing is, it says that my order won't be delivered till Mid March! Oh well, gives me time to play some other games I have not yet had the chance to play.

thanks for the heads up. the other day i was trying to preorder it from amazon (but it was actually being sold by target), and it said free shipping on this item for a limited time.. but when i went to check out it tried to charge shipping anyway.

this one, which is being sold from TRU, actually has free shipping and it let me checkout correctly

[quote name='freeread']thanks for the heads up. the other day i was trying to preorder it from amazon (but it was actually being sold by target), and it said free shipping on this item for a limited time.. but when i went to check out it tried to charge shipping anyway.

this one, which is being sold from TRU, actually has free shipping and it let me checkout correctly[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's the key. Order from TRU, not Target. Amazon seems to oscillate between the two, probably in some robotic scheme to spread out orders between the two companies. And you don't get a choice. Yesterday, I checked in the afternoon and the only place you could buy it from was Target. Checked in the evening and TRU was the only selection.

Always go with TRU. They're the ones truly offering free shipping and who aren't backordered to oblivion. If you check the site and it only gives you Target, check back later.

On a related note, I'm shocked this game is so popular. It's currently the #5 best-selling game at Amazon. The game is obviously finding an audience, probably well beyond Nintendo's expectations.

That's kinda lame it disappeared from EB. I was about to order it last night but decided to wait for that Castlevania 2-pack to be released so I could get them both shipped together.
I'm trying my luck with Amazon. Thanks OP!

It's in stock at the Nintendo Online store. 34.99 with 5.00 shipping.

It's full retail price but, it's a good way to send the message to Nintendo that there is a market for 'niche Japanese' games over here in the states. It's been pretty much confirmed by NOA that this is a test run for these type of games.

It doesnt look like my order is shipping till march either, i wonder why, and i did order through Toys R Us as well.

[quote name='trunks982']I wonder if Nintendo World store will have it today. Hopefully they don't increase the price.[/QUOTE]

I just called and they do have it, for $34.99. I'm about to head over to buy a copy.

I preordered it yesterday from amazon and mine is shipping on Jan 12th. I guess they have to fill preorders and thats why if you order now you wont get until march

[quote name='b3b0p']Ordered from Nintendo's Online store.[/QUOTE]

What was your final cost after shipping and taxes??

AND DAMN AMAZON! my Shipping estimate is March 12, 2006! To hell with that, i think i am going to cancel!

When is the EST ship date at the Nintnedo online Store...i am willing to pay 3 more dollars to get it this month....

I work at Nintendo World and we have about 96 copies for sale for $34.99 as of Monday Morning 1/9/06. As per Nintendo's decision, we are the only retail store selling it.

is working for the nintendo store totally sweet?

does anyone want to mail me a copy of electroplankton since I'm in france...

[quote name='sswan117']I work at Nintendo World and we have about 96 copies for sale for $34.99 as of Monday Morning 1/9/06. As per Nintendo's decision, we are the only retail store selling it.[/QUOTE]
Do they plan multiple shipments, or is what's out for sale (there and online) all there will be?

[quote name='sswan117']I work at Nintendo World and we have about 96 copies for sale for $34.99 as of Monday Morning 1/9/06. As per Nintendo's decision, we are the only retail store selling it.[/QUOTE]

I went and bought a copy during my lunch hour. There were two guys in front of me that each bought copies too. If there are only 96 copies to be sold, they may not last too long...

It would be really stupid for nintendo not to send another shipment to online retailers since the game is selling so well, if they didnt send another shipment then they are essentially cheating themselves out of a lot of profit, especially since they get more profit from online sales then they do for retail sales.

As a side note nintendo did send out copies of animal crossing rather quickly when they saw the demand for the game, animal crossing was also in stock at ebgames.com today, dont know if it still is though. So there is a pretty good chance they will send us more copies of electroplankton to snatch up.

[quote name='SaraAB']It would be really stupid for nintendo not to send another shipment to online retailers since the game is selling so well, if they didnt send another shipment then they are essentially cheating themselves out of a lot of profit, especially since they get more profit from online sales then they do for retail sales.

As a side note nintendo did send out copies of animal crossing rather quickly when they saw the demand for the game, animal crossing was also in stock at ebgames.com today, dont know if it still is though. So there is a pretty good chance they will send us more copies of electroplankton to snatch up.[/QUOTE]
Well, the difference is this was intended as a limited release. So I would take that to mean they have produced x units of Electroplankton and that's it. Just curious if those x units have all made it to their intended destinations, or if there are still some in a warehouse ready to restock.

So Target said it wont deliver until the end of Feb. So i ordered from Outpost too, just in case. And if outpost gets to me first, i just canel the target one.

[quote name='Tricky']I pre ordered from Gamestop.com with free three day shipping. My order is being processed.[/QUOTE]

Same here, buddy.

I don't know about their stock, but Best Buy has it on their site for pre-order, estimated arrival between 1/17 and 1/23.

i ordered one from amazon (TRU).

its not shipping till march. that's ok tho. i got an assload of games to play from that TRU sale.

GOOD NEWS FOR PEOPLE BUYING OFF OF AMAZON!!
Well i sent an angry email to amazon this morning and i just got the reply. They said that the est ship date is wrong (it says march) and they will be shipping it out by January 18 - Janaury 20, 2006. They also gave me $5 amazon store credit because of the mistake so i am happy :D

Where did you send an email to? i couldnt seem to find an address to register a complaint, i also ordered through TRU/amazon and i have the same problem, not shipping till march but the website says 2-3 days shipping.

[quote name='SaraAB']Where did you send an email to? i couldnt seem to find an address to register a complaint, i also ordered through TRU/amazon and i have the same problem, not shipping till march but the website says 2-3 days shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah dont worry, they will ship it wout at the time i stated above, here is where i contacted them from:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/595034/002-5205761-4095217

Look at the right hand side, press on the "by email" yesllow button, then when you are in the window say other assistance and then say what you want. They got a response back to me in about 3 hours and they gave me $5 amazon store credit so i am happy.

[quote name='spmahn']I dunno, this got pretty poor reviews in the new EGM.[/QUOTE]

I never really liked EGM's reviews. I really want to support Nintendo bringing over more unique and quirky titles, though.

I preordered a couple through Amazon.com a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for giving everyone else the heads up, though, OP. I thought people were aware it was there.

Yeah i launched the complaint, i hope i get 5$ store credit for the mistake too, that would be cool, and i would still get the game. I woke up early to place an order for the game so i would be extremely mad if i didnt get a copy, even though nintendo will probably ship out more copies.

Ok, i got my email response back (very quickly!)

"Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

First, please allow me to extend my apologies for any frustration
this matter has caused.

I have investigated your order, and it appears that the estimated
shipment and delivery dates listed on your order confirmation e-mail
are incorrect.

I apologize for any concern these erroneous dates may have caused.
Our developers are currently working to correct the technical error
that caused these dates to be miscalculated.

Rest assured that your order is progressing normally and should be
shipped from our fulfillment center within the next 3 to 5 business
days.

We will send our usual e-mail to confirm when the order has been
shipped.

Again, I am sorry for any alarm this error may have caused. I hope
this information helps put your mind at ease. Thank you again for
contacting us at Amazon.com."

Order will ship within 3-5 days, thats pretty sweet!

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

First, please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience.

Please understand sometimes unexpected fluctuations in supply can
add time to our original availability estimate. Unfortunately, when
we contacted our supplier, we learned that "NDS Electroplankton" is
in short supply.

Your credit card has not been charged for the item, as our policy is
to charge for items at the time of shipment.

I apologize for this inconvenience. Until recently we still hoped
to be able to obtain this item for you.

We make a significant effort to keep abreast of prices and
availabilities, but our reliance on our suppliers for information
about the items they offer means that, occasionally, our database
will not reflect all changes.

Further, to compensate you for this unexpected change, I have
upgraded the method of shipment for this order to two-day delivery.
There is of course no additional charge for this. The revised
delivery estimate for your order is March 14, 2006.

I've also waived the remaining shipping charges for this package

On the date of shipment, we will send you an e-mail confirming the
date, contents, and tracking number for your shipment. Please
contact us again if you do not receive a shipment confirmation by
March 10, 2006 by visiting

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

Also, please note that we do our best to adhere to these estimates,
our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive
directly from our suppliers.

Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply will add time to our
original availability estimate. I do understand that such changes
can be inconvenient for you.

In addition to a wide selection of items, one of our aims at
Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this
case, we have not met that standard.

I am truly sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations
for this level of service. I hope that you will give us another
opportunity to prove the quality of our service to you.

We would understand if you'd prefer to cancel your order. You may
cancel unshipped items through the "Your Account" page, accessible
at the top of any page on our web site. To cancel your order,
simply click "Cancel items or orders." After signing in with your e-
mail address and password, you will be able to view your order
history and cancel your order for any item that has not yet entered
the shipping process.

If you have further questions, feel free to visit our online Help
pages:

http://www.amazon.com/help

Please accept my most sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Again, we are very sorry for any disappointment this has caused.
Please know that we value your business and hope to see you again
soon at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:

If not, click here:

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help
section of our web site.

Best regards,

Noopur Mishra
Amazon.com Customer Service
http://www.amazon.com

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bs:

Oh well...time to start opening some of the TRU purchases/trades...*sigh*

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but I've owned the import version of this for quite a while and....well......it's a real bad game (if you can call it that). It is unique though (just being polite), but word of mouth on this game is going to be awful and maybe that has something to do with the limited supply. After everyone receives their shipment I don't think there will be many orders placed after that.

hmm wonder if i will still get my copy on time, this is interesting.

I ordered at like 9am in the morning, eastern time.

[quote name='abhinav']Yeah dont worry, they will ship it wout at the time i stated above, here is where i contacted them from:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/595034/002-5205761-4095217

Look at the right hand side, press on the "by email" yesllow button, then when you are in the window say other assistance and then say what you want. They got a response back to me in about 3 hours and they gave me $5 amazon store credit so i am happy.[/QUOTE]

Just shot them a polite e-mail. We'll see if that works as well as an angry one. I got a $5 gift certificate from Amazon a while back when they cancelled a preorder I made (incorrect price) and I didn't even have to ask for it.

Is that the only shipment you will be getting? I am going in one week, and am really hoping you have 1 or 2 copies left it stock, and my parents refuse to let me buy stuff online and this is my only shot at ever owning a copy >_< (possibly)

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']Is that the only shipment you will be getting? I am going in one week, and am really hoping you have 1 or 2 copies left it stock, and my parents refuse to let me buy stuff online and this is my only shot at ever owning a copy >_< (possibly)[/QUOTE]

You can buy Visa (or possibly MasterCard/American Express) gift cards that will work online also. There's a solution for you, if your parents are worried about people getting their credit card information.

[quote name='snipegod']You can buy Visa (or possibly MasterCard/American Express) gift cards that will work online also. There's a solution for you, if your parents are worried about people getting their credit card information.[/QUOTE]

My mom just hates ordering online and hates computers in general, thinking that nothign ever goes right with them.

Where could I obtain a Visa gift card? I know SIMON malls sell them but it can only be used at teh mall.

Well, I preordered this from eStarland.com, and today I got this message:

"We regret to inform you that Electroplankton will not be able for sale
through our website and will only be available directly through
Nintendo. This title may be available through our website at a later time, as
for now, your order for the Electoplankton has been canceled.

( ) Non-Payment
( ) Customer request
( ) Duplicate order
(X) Product no longer available & can't be backordered
( ) Unable to contact

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look
forward to serving you again soon.

If you have any questions, please refer to the following link to
contact us.
Http://www.estarland.com/index.asp?page=ContactUs

The eStarland Team
www.eStarland.com"