Electroplankton score at GameStop

varsitygamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
A friend alerted me that they noticed a GameStop local to me had a copy of Electroplankton (DS) in stock. I decided to head over and at least check it out, despite the fact that I figured it was either on reserve for an employee, or would have been purchased already.

However, I lucked out and they still had it in stock when I got there. It was used (mint!), yes, and had no factory case or instructions. However, I was able to use my Edge card and the extra 10% off coupon to get 20% off the used price of 29.99$.

End result is a cart-only (he threw in a dummy ds case) copy of Electroplankton for 23.99$ plus tax. Totally worth it, just to play.

I would like to find the cover art/inserts if possible though... any advice?

[quote name='varsitygamer']A friend alerted me that they noticed a GameStop local to me had a copy of Electroplankton (DS) in stock. I decided to head over and at least check it out, despite the fact that I figured it was either on reserve for an employee, or would have been purchased already.

However, I lucked out and they still had it in stock when I got there. It was used (mint!), yes, and had no factory case or instructions. However, I was able to use my Edge card and the extra 10% off coupon to get 20% off the used price of 29.99$.

End result is a cart-only (he threw in a dummy ds case) copy of Electroplankton for 23.99$ plus tax. Totally worth it, just to play.

I would like to find the cover art/inserts if possible though... any advice?[/QUOTE]
Well, sell your copy on Ebay and put an extra 30 towards buying a complete version? No idea honestly, the manual would be easy enough through Nintendo but unfortunately they don't sell inserts.

You can get the manual from Nintendo's online store.

The cover art isn't on cdcovers.cc or thecoverproject.net, but I'd be willing to bet that someone here could scan it for you. Then you can at least print one out, even if it's just a temporary fix.

I actually saw a complete used copy (with the original box and manual) for $24.99 at a Gamestop months ago, but I still preferred to have a new copy so I passed it up. It was actually in pretty good condition too (the insert, being made of foil, had a few dents in it, but that was it).

And I wouldn't really say this game is rare. It's hard to impossible to find in stores, but you can get it almost anywhere online.

[quote name='linkpwns']Is this game rare?[/quote]
Not rare in the sense that you can always buy a used copy off eBay for around $50 shipped (or $65 sealed), but it is very difficult to come across one used and impossible to find brand new since Nintendo World in NYC was the only non-online store that sold it (and they sold out a long time ago). I scored a mint and complete copy at GS a few months ago and had to drive 20 miles to get it but it was worth it.

Also, not sure if it matters to the OP but Electroplankton has a shiny foil cover so it will look different when you print a cover.

[quote name='secretvampire']Not true. I saw brand new copies back in the day at both Gamestop/EB and Toys 'R Us, although in small quantities.[/quote]

GameStop never carried Electroplankton new.

[quote name='reibeatall']GameStop never carried Electroplankton new.[/QUOTE]

My local EB, one of the 3 in my local area, had it brand new the first few weeks of its release.

[quote name='zman73']My rhino (when it was still around) had this game NEW[/QUOTE]
Aw, thanks for the reminder. I got my copy there, too, and they were always a good place where you could possibly find reprints of the rare games like Gitaroo-Man and Rez.

Hmmm i wonder if the nintendo world store still has any. Probably not, but that's where i got mine when it came out.

[quote name='Killbreed']Hmmm i wonder if the nintendo world store still has any. Probably not, but that's where i got mine when it came out.[/quote]

They havent had any for a looong time. =(

I think play-asia still has it. Why not get the original language version - not that there's any reading besides the Japanese menu options. Came with cheapy headphones too.

It was supposed to be available at Nintendo's online store and their B&M store in NY but a lot of people have seen them locally in other stores. I've never seen it at a B&M store though.

Anybody actually like the "game?"

I eventually got rid of mine because it just couldn't hold my interest. It was neat to play around with at first, but the inability to save your songs really killed it for me.

It's fun to relax with sometimes, but yeah, the inability to save your work really killed it. If it wasn't for the fact that I collect DS games, I probably would have sold it off.

I had my brother pick me up a JPN copy when he went to japan, I like the box a lot, so shiny and blue it looks really nice on my shelf.

I play it sometimes before bed cause it makes me fall asleep, the sounds are really soothing.

bread's done
Back