Electroplankton?

tototheexplorer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Does anywhere know where I can a new, American copy of Electroplankton for less than $200? Also, does anyone know if the game was sold in mainstream retail chains like K-Mart, Sears and Toys 'R Us, because that might be the place to look if so. Thanks in advance.

It was originally online only but there were reprots of seeing it in limited B&M store. Dont expect to see anything now.

You should be able to find a new copy of the US version on Ebay for less than that... they go for like $60-$70 usually.

And as far as I know, the game was only sold online through Nintendo's store. Of course, Gamestop got some used ones in from time to time.

[quote name='Vinny']You should be able to find a new copy of the US version on Ebay for less than that... they go for like $60-$70 usually.

And as far as I know, the game was only sold online through Nintendo's store. Of course, Gamestop got some used ones in from time to time.[/quote]
Are you sure you aren't thinking of used copies? A lot of used copies of Electroplankton are ending around those prices.

Also, Gamestop.com did sell Electroplankton new when it came out, online only. Getting a new US version is going to cost you a nice chunk of change, OP.

I think the only US B&M retail location was Nintendo World in NYC (that's where I got mine); other than that I believe it was online only.

[quote name='Yoshimi']I think the only US B&M retail location was Nintendo World in NYC (that's where I got mine); other than that I believe it was online only.[/quote]

Completely incorrect. Gamestop and Wal-Mart are both stores that definitely received copies in the U.S. Release, however, was still limited everywhere, so I can see why you made that mistake.

I would just purchase an imported copy off of Play-Asia. There's no reading required for this game, and the Japanese version comes in a swanky box and includes a cheapo set of ear buds to boot.

[quote name='Rozz']Completely incorrect. Gamestop and Wal-Mart are both stores that definitely received copies in the U.S. Release, however, was still limited everywhere, so I can see why you made that mistake.

I would just purchase an imported copy off of Play-Asia. There's no reading required for this game, and the Japanese version comes in a swanky box and includes a cheapo set of ear buds to boot.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. The original announcements for the release had stated it that way. For example:

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/10/25/electroplankton-to-only-be-sold-online-and-at-nyc-store/

[quote name='Foolman']Are you sure you aren't thinking of used copies? A lot of used copies of Electroplankton are ending around those prices.

Also, Gamestop.com did sell Electroplankton new when it came out, online only. Getting a new US version is going to cost you a nice chunk of change, OP.[/QUOTE]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...et&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=its=S%2BI%2BSS

$80 shipped, for a sealed copy- 3 available at the moment.

[quote name='sailorchrono']^--- Ah, I just checked the listing; it's PAL region, not US.[/quote]

DS is region free. Get this. Save 120 dollars

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']DS is region free. Get this. Save 120 dollars[/quote]Hell I'd get the japanese version brand new with headphones for $45 if you were gonna go that route.

[quote name='Foolman']For some reason the OP requested the American version.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I didn't even see that it was the PAL version.#-o

I bought my copy at GameStop/EB online when it first came out, along with screen protectors for my DS (you can tell I had big plans). If I'd known they were going to be this rare I would have picked up another copy.

bread's done
Back