Elite Beat Agents: Agents are go!

[quote name='asianxcore']After giving this game a hard time because of the soundtrack, I caved in and bought it last night.

I just beat it on 'Crusin' and probably will be starting 'Sweatin' soon.

Chicago is awesome.[/quote] So you like it despite its soundtrack? That's really all that's holding me back from buying this. Actually, if I can get a GGC to use on this I'll probably buy it anyway.

The second part of the alien thing is killing me...and I'm on the easiest difficulty! LOL. I'll be spinning the thing, then like 3 dots come on the screen while I'm still spinning and the bar drops to NO all fast. This is kind of annoying, but fun at the same time.

Can anyone help? I'm getting owned on the Ninja level on Normal Difficulty (2 stars)

I think the song is called "Just Dance", it's the song from Napoleon Dynamite.

For some reason, I can't beat it!

[quote name='mrchainsaw']So you like it despite its soundtrack? That's really all that's holding me back from buying this.[/QUOTE]

Yup. The songs aren't all great, but the gameplay is still a blast.

[quote name='Blackout542']The second part of the alien thing is killing me...and I'm on the easiest difficulty! LOL. I'll be spinning the thing, then like 3 dots come on the screen while I'm still spinning and the bar drops to NO all fast. This is kind of annoying, but fun at the same time.[/quote]

I finally got past that second part this afternoon. Man that was a pain with the spinners mid stage, the slide bars mixed in with the double taps, and the fact that one or two misses and you're dead. I'm now starting the game on the next difficulty and it's funny because I keep going too fast (things were so frantic on that last stage I keep jumping the gun now on the early stages).

[quote name='Chitown021']I finally got past that second part this afternoon. Man that was a pain with the spinners mid stage, the slide bars mixed in with the double taps, and the fact that one or two misses and you're dead. I'm now starting the game on the next difficulty and it's funny because I keep going too fast (things were so frantic on that last stage I keep jumping the gun now on the early stages).[/quote]

Yeah, same thing happens to me. It's hard to go back to the easy levels because you're so used to going fast and following the beat.

Damn, I'm stuck on two songs on 'Sweatin'

"Let's Dance", I can't do at all.

"The Anthem", I can breeze through the first 3 sections of the songs, then just crap out on the final part.

This game is way fun, even when I'm frustrated.

[quote name='asianxcore']Damn, I'm stuck on two songs on 'Sweatin'

"Let's Dance", I can't do at all.

"The Anthem", I can breeze through the first 3 sections of the songs, then just crap out on the final part.

This game is way fun, even when I'm frustrated.[/quote]

That's where I'm stuck now.

Let's Dance was pretty hard on Cruisin' the first time around (i haven't played Breezin' yet), but really on the Diva stage nothing's been that hard. I'm up to Jumpin' Jack Flash right now. JJF has always been hard, so I'm not expecting an easy time.

For Let's Dance the hard part is switching from the vocal "Let's Dance" to the guitar that follows it afterwards. That pattern repeats itself at least 5x later on so once you have that down you should be okay.

The 3rd and 4th difficulty stages (Diva stage and Agent Chieftain) have been pretty easy compared to the tough time I was having in Cruisin'. Once I got the rhythms down in the 2nd difficulty (and the songs) the 3rd and 4th weren't too hard. It's just some of the newer songs I'd never heard before, like the Good Charlotte ones and the one with the baseball player. YMCA and September were really easy because I knew the beats and patterns. ABC's actually a bit hard because of the one part where you kinda "dance" with your stylus without any beats or vocals to guide you along.

For anybody who's stuck somewhere, just go onto YouTube and check out some of the videos. It doesn't help out that much, but it might help in just replaying over the rhythms and numbers over and over again to get the feeling down in your stylus.

Oh and Sweatin's JJF is really hard. Your meter goes down soooo fast. I remember losing once and only missing twice. I beat it with only one miss and no 50's.

yay! just beat JJF on Hard Rock mode. BTW, Hard Rock mode is different than Sweatin' mode, and not only because it has smaller numbers. JJF wasn't too much different in Hard Rock than in Sweatin' though, so it wasn't too hard... took me maybe 30 minutes to beat.

[quote name='Popnmusic']I'm stuck on Jumpin Jack Flash in Sweatin' mode. I hate how the meter depletes during the spinners.[/quote]

Yeah I know I haven't quite gotten that far on Sweatin' but that's a killer. There's nothing you can do during the spinners at that point except lose life.

[quote name='Chitown021']Yeah I know I haven't quite gotten that far on Sweatin' but that's a killer. There's nothing you can do during the spinners at that point except lose life.[/quote]

Actually, you get a bit back if you spin it fast enough to get at least an "Elite Beat" bonus.

[quote name='Popnmusic']I'm stuck on Jumpin Jack Flash in Sweatin' mode. I hate how the meter depletes during the spinners.[/QUOTE]

That's where I'm stuck at as well. I can do the first two sections easily, but the third section destroys me.

Question for those who have beat it,

Is there one more section after that? (Spinners/11-13 tap section)

[quote name='asianxcore']That's where I'm stuck at as well. I can do the first two sections easily, but the third section destroys me.

Question for those who have beat it,

Is there one more section after that? (Spinners/11-13 tap section)[/quote]

Yes, but it's a breeze compared to the Spinner section.

You can check it out on my poorly filmed youtube replay if you wish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8NKjMPdGW4

:bomb: Yeah this game is hard as hell for me, LOL. I still can't beat JJF on the easiest difficulty.

[quote name='Like A Breath']Yes, but it's a breeze compared to the Spinner section.

You can check it out on my poorly filmed youtube replay if you wish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8NKjMPdGW4[/QUOTE]

It's still pretty hard. I thought Spinner section was easy after you got over the whole OMFG THIS IS CRAZY part because there wasn't any rhythms or bars you'd had to draw over. After I got over the Spinner section I still had to go maybe 2-3 tries to get over the last part. I did end up with only 1 miss after all those tries though :)

Tryin to get the highest rank right now, but seeing as I'm only on Legendary Agent, I think I have another 4 ranks to go. I unlocked survivor and beat that on all levels.

It's a good thing this game is fun otherwise the frustration would've caused be to launch my DS Lite out the window... I've been stuck for a couple days now on Jumpin' Jack Flash in Sweatin' mode. I can get to the last leg of it but they mix up the tap sequence and throw those spinner in there!

I couldnt understand the big deal behind this game or why anyone would want to play a rythm game on the DS.

Now after picking this up and playing for just a few minutes I am already hooked. Even as horrible as I am at the game I absolutely love it now.

i uploaded my video on youtube. its jumpin jack flash sweatin mode. i think i have a B on this one. its my first success. i know some ppl did way better than me. they got S ranks. well, its my first time passing that song in hard mode. so i guess i did pretty good for a first success.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvEmUhNZ_M8

i'll be uploading the expert mode. i have an A rank.

Gaaawwwd, I FINALLY beat Jumpin' Jack Flash on Sweatin' after a bajillion tries. I was stuck on it months ago, stopped playing, started again last week just working on that damn stage. I'm glad I finally got the divas unlocked, but I need a break.

btw, is it just me or do the divas dance way more trashy than the cheerleaders from Ouendan?

[quote name='trunks982']i uploaded my video on youtube. its jumpin jack flash sweatin mode. i think i have a B on this one. its my first success. i know some ppl did way better than me. they got S ranks. well, its my first time passing that song in hard mode. so i guess i did pretty good for a first success.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvEmUhNZ_M8

i'll be uploading the expert mode. i have an A rank.[/quote]

Holy hell. I am never going to be able to beat that level.

I'm still stuck on Jumpin' Jack Flash in Sweatin' mode. I can get to the last par of the stage but whey they mix up the dot order, throw in spinners, and add the sliders I screw up. The thing I hate the most about it is I can pretty much breeze through the first 3 part with no problem (I've played them enough times!) but you can't just start at the 4th section. You have to play through the whole stage EVERYfuck ing time!

I've now gotten to Jumpin' Jack Flashon "Rockin" or whatever the hardest skill level is. Man there is NO room for error. You miss one tap and you're dead. Your meter in that one drops like crazy. It's so bad you can lose the round without missing a single tap or slide (you have to keep hitting 300's for the gains to stay ahead of the rapid loss).

Man it's frustrating!

I picked this up again a few nights ago and breezed theough Normal to get back into the swing of it, and then into Swetain'. I'm at JJF now and it's just killing me. I get to the red red of the 13 or so numbers in the 3rd seciond and always seem to botch up the order or my bar is low anyway so I die. I might go back to Ouendan and play the 3 flame mode in that one and then come back to JJF when I can't do RSG on Ouendan. ;)

And I win! Just tried it when I came home for lunch and got pretty far, a few more tries and I nailed it. Starred, A ranking. Not bad for me, one of the few A ranks I had in Sweatin!

[quote name='hootie']Gah, I'm stuck on JJF Cruisin mode, I must suck =([/quote]Nah, I was on that for days.

Just beat JJF on Hard Rockin, A starred. :) *whew* It's been a while since I played a game this hardcore. ;)

Anyone ever let the credits roll all the way through? It says "To be continued" on the bottom screen after all of them have played..."

[And I suppose that could have been said somewhere in this thread but I am pretty sure I read all of the posts and didn't see it :p]

So... a sequel, for sure?

[quote name='pete5883']No. They're just telling you to play on the other difficulties.[/quote]It says that at the end of the last difficulty level too. :)

They're planning for a sequel, though if we'll ever see it remains to be seen.

FINALLY! I got past Jumpin' Jack Flash on Hard Rockin' mode. I thought I would never do it. That last segment is a BIOTCH! They throw everything at you and the meter depletes so fast one mistake and you're dead.

[quote name='Chitown021']FINALLY! I got past Jumpin' Jack Flash on Hard Rockin' mode. I thought I would never do it. That last segment is a BIOTCH! They throw everything at you and the meter depletes so fast one mistake and you're dead.[/QUOTE]

I finished that on the second difficulty last night - I actually have noticed that my dinking around with DDR has helped me with EBA - just as far as being able to look ahead at the numbers and steps coming up. I dread it in the last difficulty...

I do need a retractable stylus, though. My hand blocks part of the screen sometimes.

Just beat JJF on Sweatin', A rank. Didn't really take that many tries but I threw everything I had into each try so my hand is fucked. Probably the touch screen, too.

I gave up on this game months ago and just came back to it a couple days ago. I beat the last 4 songs on cruisn' yesterday and finally beat Jumpin' Jack Flash after about 20 tries. Those last 2 large chains on the 4th segment killed me. My screen changed color from pressing so hard on the last spinner (didn't get it though#-o ) I also beast Osu! Tatake! Ouendan today, but only on the 1st difficulty. I'm on the last song on the 2nd difficulty.

I finally got around to playing this game. I love being able to skip the opening scenes. The spinners don't seem as hard to do in EBA. I almost never got bonus points in the later stages of Ouendan, but I almost always get them in EBA. It didn't take me that many tries to get through Jumpin' Jack Flash on Sweatin', yet I still can't get through Ready Steady Go on hard.

Ouendan's normal difficulty seems to be ramped up compared to EBA's, still need to get EBA for myself, but $40 CAD + 13% tax is just TOO hard to swallow

I've beat the game and am now going back through it to improve my scores and to get the highest ranking unlocked. I have a question... Let's say you play a level and your top score is 2,000,000 pts. You go back, replay the level, and score 3,000,000 pts. When the pts are added to your overall score do you get the full 3 million or do you only get 1 million (difference between your old and new high score)? I ask because it seems to be taking me forever to get my pts up to the next level. When I play for awhile then look at the total needed it doesn't seem to be dropping that much.

I finally just beat this game! I almost lost it in the last stage because I was so relieved to get through the spinners, and the end is actually a bit more hardcore than I thought it would be... but hoorrrrrrayy!!
Wish it were a game with no replay value almost so I would want to trade it off, but I don't see that happening for awhile..

Edited:
Wow I'm a noob. I forgot about the Hard Rock level.

Well, I've beat it on Sweatin. Now I dread Jumpin Jack Flash even more...

Ive been playing this game for about 4 days now, so entertaining. I am pretty horrible at these type of games I think, I didn't think I would be able to beat it on cruisin (JJF on breezin was killling me), but I did today and now I am doing sweatin which I am gettin through so far. I have a screen protector on and it is so raped from doin the spinners, and it seems like it eats away at the stylus. Ive played this game so much whenever i close my eyes i see those damn circles with the other circles closing in.

Pro tip: From the interview of the guy who made Ouendan and EBA, start the spinner on the outside and work your way in!

Yeah, I hate the spinners. But they're worse in Ouendan than they are in EBA, just because I seem to have a harder time getting them to work(that, and they throw way more spinners at you in OTO than in EBA).

And yes, OTO & EBA have way too much replay value. My DS games were already piling up as it was, but after getting these two it's even worse. I tend to put time into both of them every day, even though I've already gotten the highest possible rank in both, and there's not really anything left to other than beat my high scores.

ive got one song and then hte final double level on sweatin, this game is too darn addictive and I didnt even think that I would be able to last up until this point, but as long as I really concentrate and give good effort I can eventually get a song. Would you guys recommend importing Quenden after this game?

I would recommend importing it, as that's exactly what I did once I beat EBA. The games are pretty comparable. OTO has better music IMO, but they're both about equal otherwise. EBA has harder patterns, but OTO has harder spinners and the bar drops faster, so the difficulty is about even(I do think EBA is harder though, as I find it much easier to get S Ranks in OTO than in EBA). The story/characters are about even also, though I prefer the Agents just because the crazy dancing is just so entertaining.
EBA has better features, being newer of course. High scores are only displayed in the options menu, you can't skip song openings, you can't skip the credits, there's no unlockable songs(and no bonus for completeing the hardest level) , and you can't save replays. While all these things are missed, in the end they're just minor details, and I can't imagine anyone not liking either one of these games(unless they really, really hate music games).

bread's done
Back