Elite Beat Agents (DS) @ Costco $26.99

bugg33

CAGiversary!
This game is supposed to be released next week but I found it at my local Costco (Mountain View) today. Might want to check your local Costco for this game.
288087784_6559aadbe2.jpg

Damn. Thanks OP. That Costco is right around the corner from my work. I just got Ouendan this week too.

Does anybody know if you HAVE to have a membership card to buy stuff from Costco or not?

[quote name='ykryptonite13']Damn. Thanks OP. That Costco is right around the corner from my work. I just got Ouendan this week too.

Does anybody know if you HAVE to have a membership card to buy stuff from Costco or not?[/quote]If your buying food from their food court, no. But if you're buying their merchandise such as this game, they card you at the register asking for your membership card and then scan it. After that, they proceed with scanning the merchandise. They only take Master and Debt cards and ofcourse cash.

[quote name='darkcloudinc']If your buying food from their food court, no. But if you're buying their merchandise such as this game, they card you at the register asking for your membership card and then scan it. After that, they proceed with scanning the merchandise. They only take Master and Debt cards and ofcourse cash.[/quote]

I think you mean Amex and debit cards.

I think is was Sam's Club that only takes Amex. Costco only takes Mastercard and not Visa or any of the other cards.

Also, is this game worth getting? I paid $40 for Ouenden so you'll think I would get this game too. But I really hate most of the bands they chose for the american version.

Costco takes all major credit cards (Discover, Mastercard, Visa, and Amex). At least the ones in SoCal do, but I would imagine it would be company wide.

[quote name='maxxborist']costco only takes cash, amex and debit cards. i used to work there.[/quote]

yep, I just shopped there today.

[quote name='maxxborist']costco only takes cash, amex and debit cards. i used to work there.[/quote]

Yeah, uh, no. I shop there every few weeks and pay with my card.

[quote name='nathansu']Yeah, uh, no. I shop there every few weeks and pay with my card.[/quote]
Your Costco must be special. Mine also refuses Visa and Mastercard.

So, I remember hearing a while back that the US version of this game was expected to be somewhat inferior to the import version, due to music selection or some such. Is that still true?

gah! I saw this thread right at the time Costco closes! I'll trek there tomorrow to see check. The one's that I go to in SoCal don't take anything other than Amex and Debit cards.

It's $24.99 at BB with GGC.

Off-topic. Why the ugly ass cover for the US release? The Japanese cover is badass.

ouendan.jpg

Probably because they're completely different games.

Also, I'd say they're both pretty corny personally.

Now if only I could get a costco card somehow...

Got mine earlier today. It was still in the box under the DS game display so I took a pair of keys and opened the box up myself. They had about 4 boxes with 7 in each box. modesto, ca

[quote name='Kendro']It's $24.99 at BB with GGC.

Off-topic. Why the ugly ass cover for the US release? The Japanese cover is badass.

ouendan.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wait wait wait. what? Have they already released it (breaking street date?) And it's only $24.99?!! Awesome.

[quote name='cletus']
Also, is this game worth getting? I paid $40 for Ouenden so you'll think I would get this game too. But I really hate most of the bands they chose for the american version.[/QUOTE]
Where and how did you get Ouendan for $40? I would really like to know. Thanks.

[quote name='nathansu']Yeah, uh, no. I shop there every few weeks and pay with my card.[/QUOTE]

Do you type in your pin number? If so, it's debit.

If you don't, you have like the only costco that does accept MasterCard & Visa, possibly because they used to be PriceClub? Seriously though, it's a company wide thing about not accepting any credit card other than AMEX, I know because I've worked at Costco for over 5 years.

[quote name='egonpax']Wait wait wait. what? Have they already released it (breaking street date?) And it's only $24.99?!! Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Different covers = Different Games? :) Ouendan is a different game than Elite Beat Agents, similar yes, but think of Elite Beat Agents as a sequel.

I can also confirm Elite Beat Agents at the Portland, OR Costco. As well as Rocket Slime for 31.99.

I picked up a copy today at the Costco in City of Industry, CA. Nice price and I love it that they broke street date on this one.

Got it at Coachella Valley Costco tonight. Opened it and handed my DS to my fiance. Now I'll never get to play!

I love games that get her to play instead of just complain about my gaming. Other examples include guitar hero, space channel five, and donkey konga.

Went to my local costco and picked up a copy. Oddly enough I had to really dig to find a copy. It was lost in between about 50 copies of some pirates game. It took me a good 15 minutes to break into the same security plastic they had on it. Fun game! Thanks, OP

Awesome, thanks OP. I'm going to check the Costco on Lawrence Expressway and see if they have it.

Yo, I'm not sure how good is this game in comparison with the Japanese version... Yes, I do know they're both different, but I've heard a lot of good things about both of them... I'm considering picking up the Jap version... Any comments about Ouendan?

[quote name='boozi']Yo, I'm not sure how good is this game in comparison with the Japanese version... Yes, I do know they're both different, but I've heard a lot of good things about both of them... I'm considering picking up the Jap version... Any comments about Ouendan?[/QUOTE]

From what I have read they play pretty much the same. The only real differences are music.

To reiterate what others have said: this is not the American "version" of Ouendan. They're different games; Ouendan was popular enough as an import title that iNiS decided to make an American game with the same basic premise.

But the songs are all different, the "stories" are different, etc. etc.

The song list, for those who are curious, is as follows (the songs are all covers, but they're generally very good covers. Youtube has a lot of gameplay videos if you're curious.):

1. Walkie Talkie Man - Steriogram
2. ABC - Jackson Five
3. Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne
4. I Was Born to Love You - Queen
5. Rock This Town - Stray Cats
6. Highway Star - Deep Purple
7. Y.M.C.A. - Village People
8. September - Earth, Wind and Fire
9. Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
10. Material Girl - Madonna
11. La La - Ashlee Simpson
12. You're the Inspiration - Chicago
13. Survivor - Destiny's Child
14. Without a Fight - Hoobastank
15. Believe - Cher
16. Let's Dance - David Bowie
17. Jumpin Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
18. Makes No Difference - Sum 41
19. The Anthem - Good Charlotte

Same basic layout as Ouendan - 4 difficulty levels, with the hardest having female cheerleaders ("agents") instead of male ones - but a different game. Also, in this one you can save your replays and broadcast them to other DS owners, and you can play multiplayer levels against your own saved replays, kind of like you can race "ghosts" in Mario Kart.

Finally beat this game. Took me almost an hour to get through the last level, my hands were cramped up.

Just got back from the Sunnyvale Fry's on Lawrence Expressway. They had about 3 copies (2 now) there although I had to dig through a whole crapload of Bratz and Kim Possible to find them.

[quote name='SonicPower']Does anyone know if there is a Japanese version of this?

It would be interesting to hear different songs.[/quote]
It's called Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! there is a big discussion about it over at
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62565

There are a few good song on this US version but most of them I am really having a hard time getting into. Give the Japanese version a try

bread's done
Back