Elite vs Ps3 poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
elite is so fucking stupid, they had a chance to make a super console and have hdmi but decided against hd dvd. I doubt anyone really begged for a black 120gb model but it would be better if it had everything built in like wireless and hd dvd.

OF COURSE I AM GOING TO SAY A PS3 DAMN IT. I should say fuck the wii too because that thing is boring as hell and i will put it up on ebay probably in 2 days

w.e still a better choice then a ps3....

sucks though they didnt mention new cpu or quiter system.

if for some stupid reason you dont own a 360... heres yoiur chance

Yeah... 120$ and you get no hd playback ability or wireless!.............

A.K.A, my point is I would have to get a wireless adapter, bringing the price up another 80-100$, and then xbox live which is another 50$ and your looking at something, for me, that is acctually more expensive.

Uhhh...I'll keep my 360 I got for free....and won't buy anything else cause no way I'd spend 600+tax for a ps3...I wouldnt even spend 400+tax for 360 but I got it for free so thats diff...and I'll buy a Wii in a year.

[quote name='Spades22']Uhhh...I'll keep my 360 I got for free....and won't buy anything else cause no way I'd spend 600+tax for a ps3...I wouldnt even spend 400+tax for 360 but I got it for free so thats diff...and I'll buy a Wii in a year.[/QUOTE]

I bought my 360 for $99 and after a few days realized it's WORTH the $400 easily

How can you have a 360 and not think it's worth it now?

What's with all the deleting anyway? I made a thread about it in the PS3 forum (expressly comparing it to the PS3) and it was deleted within a minute. Closing or moving a thread I can sort of understand, but just making it disappear?

[quote name='icruise']What's with all the deleting anyway? I made a thread about it in the PS3 forum (expressly comparing it to the PS3) and it was deleted within a minute. Closing or moving a thread I can sort of understand, but just making it disappear?[/QUOTE]

Because these threads will dissolve into nothing more than immaturity on both sides of the debate, and anybody who thinks otherwise is crazy.

[quote name='sarausagi']

How can you have a 360 and not think it's worth it now?[/quote]

Ahhh thats not the point really...I so think it's worth it, even though I just have PGR3...heck with this ONE game I had more fun than the last 2 years with my GC lol. Brings back the N64 feel for me....but the thing is the price and the chance it MIGHT break on me. I have no money...just a first year student (almost done first year :p) and my parents would get on my case for blowing 500 bucks Canadian +...so thats why. No system I'd prefer over the 360 right now, I made a thread before on the other forum and I'm glad I kept it instead of selling xD

[quote name='icruise']What's with all the deleting anyway? I made a thread about it in the PS3 forum (expressly comparing it to the PS3) and it was deleted within a minute. Closing or moving a thread I can sort of understand, but just making it disappear?[/QUOTE]

Seriously, you would think the way the PS3 gets shit here, that EVERY SINGLE THREAD about PS3 would get deleted...but no.

I'm happy with my current 360. I do have HDMI on my television but it doesn't support 1080p. Plus, I don't really watch much downloadable content so I can't think that I need 120GB right now. Not to mention the fact that I have been enjoying my 360 since launch. I can certainly understand the frustration if you just bought a 360, especially if you could use the HDMI and/or extra harddrive space.

I'm replacing my current, slightly busted system with the elite, but only because I have my warranty. Though if I was faced with the decision of either getting the elite or the PS3... I can't imagine even considering the 360 just because of my taste in games. when the systems are this close in price. So congrats, MS, you lost your price advantage.

[quote name='guyver2077']
if for some stupid reason you dont own a 360... heres yoiur chance[/QUOTE]

As though the readily available premiums aren't a viable option. No, now's the time to strike!

[quote name='panasonic']elite is so fucking stupid, they had a chance to make a super console and have hdmi but decided against hd dvd. I doubt anyone really begged for a black 120gb model but it would be better if it had everything built in like wireless and hd dvd.

OF COURSE I AM GOING TO SAY A PS3 DAMN IT. I should say fuck the wii too because that thing is boring as hell and i will put it up on ebay probably in 2 days[/QUOTE]

AwesomeThread.jpg

[quote name='crazytalkx']
AwesomeThread.jpg
[/quote]

Thank you for the nice picture.

So anyways i am actually thinking about spending and $80 and getting it just so i have the best version, but not sure if price drops will come soon

The crappy part is that i just bought my 360 2 months ago for $400. Those who dished out 400 at launch have milked the 360 for more than a year now.

Me, on the other hand, am not ready to hand over my mostly new console for a $200 trade in.

I personally have no desire whatsoever to trade in my current 360. My TV isn't HDMI compatible, and the only reason I would need more hard disk space is if I was going to use the 360 for downloading HD movies (which I will not be doing). I don't even like the color.

Really, the only reason to trade up is if You really have a hard-on for iPTV. otherwise the Extra HD space is superfluous.

If I was buying a 360 for the first time i'd jump on the elite version though. Same price as my Ps3 though minus the bluray drive D: In the end the Elite is just pure money money money for Microsoft since they get the extra profit from overpricing the HD

[quote name='Roufuss']Because these threads will dissolve into nothing more than immaturity on both sides of the debate, and anybody who thinks otherwise is crazy.[/QUOTE]

Too late :roll:

[quote name='sarausagi']
Where's "Owns Both, Not Buying Elite, fuck the Wii"?
[/quote]

[quote name='panasonic']
OF COURSE I AM GOING TO SAY A PS3 DAMN IT. I should say fuck the wii too because that thing is boring as hell and i will put it up on ebay probably in 2 days
[/quote]

Back to the topic - Wow, I'm the only one so far who did "Own neither, buying Elite". But the Wii and PS2 will still be my main consoles. The 360 will be for casual, occasional play when I want some eye-candy for my HDTV :razz:.

[quote name='io']Too late :roll:

Back to the topic - Wow, I'm the only one so far who did "Own neither, buying Elite". But the Wii and PS2 will still be my main consoles. The 360 will be for casual, occasional play when I want some eye-candy for my HDTV :razz:.[/QUOTE]

Hey, we're just stating our opinions, no offense meant to Wii owners, but with all the constant PS3 bashing everywhere [especially cag, kotaku, and every trendy gaming blog] it feels good to vent a little every once in a while.

[quote name='sarausagi']Hey, we're just stating our opinions, no offense meant to Wii owners, but with all the constant PS3 bashing everywhere [especially cag, kotaku, and every trendy gaming blog] it feels good to vent a little every once in a while.[/QUOTE]

Well, it seemed wholly unnecessary here, as this is about the 360, not the Wii, yet you threw that in there ;).

Anyways, I'm a bit disappointed with the Elite details - no 65nm chips, not limited... But I'll still probably get one because I don't have a 360 yet. I certainly wouldn't upgrade to this if I already had one though.

I own 360, but I still plan on buying a PS3 sometime down the road so that's what I chose. I just need it to come drastically down in price before I do so.

[quote name='io']Too late :roll:

Back to the topic - Wow, I'm the only one so far who did "Own neither, buying Elite". But the Wii and PS2 will still be my main consoles. The 360 will be for casual, occasional play when I want some eye-candy for my HDTV :razz:.[/quote]

Lol wii main console and 360 casual. You only say that now. When you get the 360 you will probably make that your main.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back