Employee Discounts?

spideymike

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Hi Guys,
Since there may be some employees from some different chains here like BB, CC, TRU, Target, etc. lurking, what sort of employee discount do you guys get on video games? Just curious. I was wondering specfically about discounts you guys get at TRU, Target, and EB/Gamestop.

Thanks,
Mike

When I first started at GS They had 20% off everything except new systems.( and clearance items) About a year and a half later they needed to update their computers ( to do so they docked our discount) 6 months later everyone had the new systems ( still no 20% ) ( currently at 15% ) YMMV but one store in our district got caught cheating the system with their discount and clearance prices. For about a month the district lost their discount. They had been stealing some MTG cards. So to sum it up

(most likey)
15% off everything except new systems and clearance items
(YMMV) no discount on collectible cards and such.

10% off everything except groceries at K-Mart.

[quote name='WAJedi']Best Buy gives you 5% over wholesale.[/QUOTE]

yup you got it. Only problem is i have found best buy guilty of lying about their "whole sale pricing"

They pay on a two week scale. on the off week, the prices of items are cheaper...

but on pay week the prices escalate to accomadate the employees bank account.

Walmart is 10% off except on food, clearance and something else I can't remember.

Radioshack is 30% off of Radioshack brands and most of the time clearance. then 10% off Name brands stuff like sony, Rca etc.

[quote name='iheartmetal']at baskin robbins everything is free as long as there isnt a manager[/QUOTE]

This depends on the store since it's a franchise. I worked at 2 stores under 4 different bosses and 1 allowed us to take as much ice cream as we wanted home, 1 allowed us to only eat when we were working and gave our family a 20% discount, and the other two gave the employees a 20% discount on ice cream.

At EB, we get 15% off on everything (combinable with EDGE) except for systems. We used to not be able to take 15% off of discounted items but the computer has been more nice lately. Oh, and the 15% is not supposed to be combinable with the 20% discount on strategy guides you get if you buy it with the game.

Policy must have changed at EB, I worked at the Jefferson Point store in Ft. Wayne uh...about 1.5~2 years ago, and then we got 10% off, but you could stack it with the EDGE back then too.

The best was the promo where for each preowned game you got an additional 5% off, I remember if you did it right, and used the Edge card and your discount, you could get up to 30% off before they stopped you. Everyone would aways stock up the month they ran that promo.

Usually we'd just thrown on a $0.99 to $2.99 title to push the number of games up to the point where you got the discount.

Heh, actually the manager and I started putting those type of games behind the counter in a bin so that we could throw them on customer's deals to help them hit the promo. You get a lot of confused looks when you tell someone, "Look, if you buy this really old sports title you don't want, I can save you 10% on the two $35 games you're buying, so just say OK"

I used to work at Best Buy. The discount was the cost that the store payed for the item + an additional five percent.

That's not too good on entertainment media as the margin for games, CD's and DVD's is quite low. A $50 game usually has a cost of $40-47. Similarly, on DVD's and CD's the profit margin from the full price is usually $2-5.

However, this discount is usually really good on accessories and certain kinds of electronics. For instance, one time I got $60 Monster cables for like $15. My family also saved $900 on like a $2200 or something big TV. Player's guides usually came out to about half the cover price.

bread's done
Back